Thread: finally replaced my mak underfolder

finally replaced my mak underfolder

It's been a long time since I posted but I do check things out from time to time. I posted long while back of a mak90 I pu at a pawn shop. The receiver was cutout for an underfolder and there was one on there but bolted in place. No mechanism. After a time I decided to get one. A chicom one was what was recommended to keep it kinda original but finding one was like finding hen's teeth. In the four years or so I've had it only one cane up and was too pricey at the time. So I settled on a bulgy one from Numrich. 32 bucks shipped. Here it is.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Ok cool. While it may not be correct it is functional. Save the pennies for the correct one.
    While no one ever listens to me,
    I am constantly being told to be quiet.

In a world of snowflakes,
    be the heat..

The saved pennies always seem to be needed somewhere else. Medical bill, car fix, new washer etc etc. LOL. This bulgy is a single lug. If I've read correctly the chicom's were a double lug. But it works smoothly. Tapping in the pins was the biggest pita. On the lug and the nut one hole on each, the one with peened marks, was just right. The opposite holes were a no go. Even with robust tapping no good. I had to use a graduated round file and ever so slightly take a little off the hole. Still tight but at least it would accept the pin.

"finding one was like finding hen's teeth"

I can believe that
    I stumbled on one years ago at the Indy show buried under some stuff at a table
    Guy only wanted 30 bucks so I grabbed it.
    It wasn't a mac though and I sold the gun since. Wish I hadn't
    Hey if you got it working that's gotta feel pretty good
    For peace of mind, resign as general manager of the universe

Indiana, a state that is trying to remain free.
    I picked up an extra Chinese underfolding stock hoping one day to run into another Bush1 special that needed to be returned to it's full evil glory. Still have that stock waiting for a donor rifle. My hopes are up as I have seen many posts on other sites bragging about finding MAK-90s with the underfolder receiver sitting inside a Bush-hole stock.

By the way how does one identify a Chinese from a bulgy, polish, Romanian etc? Is it the 2nd lug?