Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: 1500 Illegals -- INCOMING!

Quote Originally Posted by Full Otto View Post
    Climate change resettlement?
    Remember: climate change isn't just about global warming any more. It also means, as global air currents shift, extreme changes in weather patterns including more severe blizzards in the winter and more severe tropical storms in the summer.

And rising sea levels along the coastal areas.

Mother nature be getting real.
    "That tyranny has all the vices both of democracy and oligarchy is evident. As of oligarchy so of tyranny, the end is wealth; (for by wealth only can the tyrant maintain either his guard or his luxury). Both mistrust the people, and therefore deprive them of their arms." -- Aristotle, Book V, 350 B.C.E

Team Guns Network Silver 04/2013 alismith's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by LAGC View Post
    Remember: climate change isn't just about global warming any more. It also means, as global air currents shift, extreme changes in weather patterns including more severe blizzards in the winter and more severe tropical storms in the summer.

And rising sea levels along the coastal areas.

Mother nature be getting real.
    No. Remember that man-made climate change is a lie. There is no, nor has there ever been, any verifiable proof that man causes climate change. The only "proof" that has EVER been shown is based on computer models....nothing more. Computers can only work with the data that is put into them, and that data is skewed to show what the climate change proponents want it to show.

Also remember that almost all sea-level rising is really attributed to subsidence, NOT any change in sea levels.
    "Valar morghulis; valar dohaeris."

Commucrats are most efficient at converting sins and crimes to accidents or misunderstandings.-Oswald Bastable

Making good people helpless won't make bad people harmless.

Freedom isn't free.

"Attitude is the paintbrush that colors our world." TV Series, Haven.

My Spirit Animal has rabies.

I'd rather be an American than a Democrat.

"If you can make a man afraid, you can control him" Netflix Series, The Irregulars

I had to laugh today when I read that liberal MOFOs in Canada pay 8 dollars a gallon for gas, in part due to a Carbon tax.

Indiana, a state that is trying to remain free.
    When someone tries blaming global warming on human input, I remind them that about 10,000 years ago my great state of Indiana was under a one mile thick sheet of ice! That is ice 5000 FEET THICK!!!!!! Since the ice is no longer this far south, I am sure that SUVs and human beings (who obviously weren't around 10,000 years ago) were the cause of the ice sheet melting and allowing Indiana to be a great place to grow corn and soybeans.

Quote Originally Posted by imanaknut View Post
    When someone tries blaming global warming on human input, I remind them that about 10,000 years ago my great state of Indiana was under a one mile thick sheet of ice! That is ice 5000 FEET THICK!!!!!! Since the ice is no longer this far south, I am sure that SUVs and human beings (who obviously weren't around 10,000 years ago) were the cause of the ice sheet melting and allowing Indiana to be a great place to grow corn and soybeans.
    To be fair, the argument is that global mean temperatures have been rising much faster than normal since man starting burning fossil fuels. No one denies the earth has natural cycles. The issue is deviancy from the norm.
    "That tyranny has all the vices both of democracy and oligarchy is evident. As of oligarchy so of tyranny, the end is wealth; (for by wealth only can the tyrant maintain either his guard or his luxury). Both mistrust the people, and therefore deprive them of their arms." -- Aristotle, Book V, 350 B.C.E

So that is why they were putting thermometers next to light bulbs and leaving the light on.....
    ok that makes scientific sense.

If you know the mean fine when you been caught making it up...well that
    makes scientific sense also.
    Last edited by l921428x; 05-02-2018 at 02:22 PM.
    While no one ever listens to me,
    I am constantly being told to be quiet.

In a world of snowflakes,
    be the heat..

Quote Originally Posted by l921428x View Post
    So that is why they were putting thermometers next to light bulbs and leaving the light on.....
    ok that makes scientific sense.

If you know the mean fine when you been caught making it up...well that
    makes scientific sense also.
    Still think its a vast conspiracy, eh?

To be fair, the argument is that global mean temperatures have been rising much faster than normal since man starting burning fossil fuels. No one denies the earth has natural cycles. The issue is deviancy from the norm.
    No. ANY warming is not caused by burning fossil fuels.

My point about this is that warming is localized, over cities or over anything that has been paved with tar.

Compare city temps to rural temps, and you'll find a 10-20 difference between the two.

Next time you come across a blacktopped road, in the summer, take your shoes off and walk down the road for a while.... You'll find an immediate difference. Drive on a blacktopped road in the daytime during the summer and you'll see a mirage down the road. This is caused by hot air rising off the surface, then look down the same road, beside it where the grass is and you won't find a mirage.

Fossil fuels didn't cause this. Man's structures, and color choices, caused this.

Solution to cool off the local, heat affected areas (if won't be easy): Either paint all blacktop surfaces white, or replace blacktop with concrete, or some lighter colored material.

Stop building large cities and stop building any blacktopped parking lots or roads in those cities.

However, none of this really has a global effect, just a local effect.

Ever notice that weather recording boxes are colored white and most of them are not placed on blacktop surfaces?....There's a reason for that.

Burning fossil fuels has insignificant, at best, effects on climate.

Commucrats are most efficient at converting sins and crimes to accidents or misunderstandings.-Oswald Bastable

Freedom isn't free.

"If you can make a man afraid, you can control him" Netflix Series, The Irregulars

Still think its a vast conspiracy, eh?
    No. I have ALWAYS thought it was.
    While no one ever listens to me,
    I am constantly being told to be quiet.

In a world of snowflakes,
    be the heat..

Mean temperature is rising faster than normal??? Since man has been recording average daily temperatures for the last 150,000 years, I will agree that we know what is normal... uhhhh. Sure we go to the arctic or antarctic and measure "core" samples and then use a human derived formula to tell us what the temperature was 50,000 years ago, but it makes me wonder...

If we go down in the earth to see what happened thousands of years ago, that would mean the earth itself was a much smaller diameter than it is today. With the central core of the earth considered molten, wouldn't a smaller diameter planet have less material protecting it from that molten core? Never mind, I gave archeo-paleontology up when I went to college for other things.

Quote Originally Posted by 5.56NATO View Post
    It appears the mass has broken up into smaller fragments wich are wending their way through Mexican bowels to the US border. This is a yearly event,
    Seems they've stepped up the schedule

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/imm...rump-s-n922086
    First group from Honduran caravan crosses into Mexico, testing President Trump's red line
    Gee I wonder if this may be a factor for the schedule change

For peace of mind, resign as general manager of the universe

Dear people attempting to cross our southern border illegally. If you do, we will consider it an act of war and have instructed our troops in keeping our border secure.

Do you think act of war means they were told that using their firepower to repel the invasion is an acceptable act? Do you feel lucky, punks?

Spoken in my best Clint Eastwood.

Migration Horde Advances, Next Stop USA – Mexico Puts Up Token Resistance, Promises To Call on United Nations…
    As expected the government of Mexico put up token resistance at their southern border (video laughable) and allows thousands of economic migrants passage to the U.S. Mexico border.

Rebuking the strongly worded demands of President Trump and Secretary of State Mike Pompeo the insufferable Mexican Foreign Secretary Luis Videgaray tells media his country will now call on the United Nations to intervene. Yes, it’s up to the U.N. now….
    https://theconservativetreehouse.com...s/#more-155612

this should be good
    "And how we burned in the camps later thinking, what would things have been like, if every security operative, when he went out at night to make an arrest, had been uncertain, whether he would return alive and had to say good-bye to his family?"

Guns Network Lifetime Member #2

That's why the same scientists were predicting a new ice age in the 70's. You're so full of shit LAGC, go take your hockey stick graph and shove it. Debunked.

Quote Originally Posted by 1 Patriot-of-many View Post
    That's why the same scientists were predicting a new ice age in the 70's.
    There was never any scientific consensus for global cooling. Nothing in the scientific journals like there is with global warming.

"Imminent ice age" was a media invention of the day, nothing more.
    Last edited by LAGC; 10-19-2018 at 05:14 PM.

There was never any scientific consensus for global cooling.
    Uh, just look back in history a few 100,000 years or so. There has been plenty of scientific evidence for global cooling, like what happened during the Ice Ages. Remember all those fossils of Woolly Mammoths, Saber-toothed Cats, Giant Sloths, and countless other Cold-adapted animals?

Scientists have shown that the earth goes through a period of cooling and warming on a cycle of something like 30,000 to 50,000 years. Right now, we're in a "warm" period. It's been about 12,000 years since the last Ice Age. We're still heading upwards in temperatures until we reach the peak in about 2,000 years, then we start a cooling off period that will end with the next Ice Age...and so on and so on.

We've been experiencing climate cycles for quite a while now. Humans have NOTHING to do with and COULDN'T change it if they wanted to.

Anyway, what does consensus have to do with science?

Globull Warmins consensus is based on nothing more than models that have been fed into computers with a lot of bias added in just to make sure the results show what the "consensus" wants it to show.

Consensus is just "group-think," not scientific fact or theory.

Nothing in the scientific journals like there is with global warming.
    Again, based on models, nothing more. Remember that scientist, one of the original scientists who started the idea of global warming, who made a joke about how this "discovery" was going to fool everyone?

He was right, many people were, and are, fooled.

"Imminent ice age" was a media invention of the day, nothing more.
    As is "Imminent global warming."

Freedom isn't free.

Quote Originally Posted by alismith View Post
    Uh, just look back in history a few 100,000 years or so. There has been plenty of scientific evidence for global cooling, like what happened during the Ice Ages. Remember all those fossils of Woolly Mammoths, Saber-toothed Cats, Giant Sloths, and countless other Cold-adapted animals?
    Not for "global cooling" deviating from the norm. There's always been the normal heating and cooling cycles. That goes without say.

The only reason "global warming" is an issue is because we're heating up much faster than we should be at this point in the cycle. That is the only reason scientists are sounding the alarm.

If we were just warming up as usual, if all those ice core sample readings were showing normal progression, it would have never become an issue.

Not for "global cooling" deviating from the norm. There's always been the normal heating and cooling cycles. That goes without say.
    And, right now we are in a period of natural global warming. Each year it gets a little warmer until we hit the midpoint of the warming cycle. Then, we start a period of global cooling.

We haven't reached that midpoint, yet.

The only reason "global warming" is an issue is because we're heating up much faster than we should be at this point in the cycle. That is the only reason scientists are sounding the alarm.
    This hasn't been proven. It's just "consensus (liberal group think)." And, the liberals are blaming it on CO2 buildup, which is erroneous. They seem to have forgotten that the big equalizer in stabilizing any extra CO2 are the oceans. Volcanoes produce more cubic feet of CO2 in one eruption than men could ever hope to create, even if we had no emission controls on anything we consume or make. Where does all this CO2 go? Does it build up in the atmosphere just waiting for us to draw our last breath?

No, the earth gets rid of any extra CO2 by recycling it through plants on land and in the oceans. Nature has a way of stabilizing itself and man's input is pretty small compared to what nature if capable of doing to the atmosphere.

And, don't forget about all the fear of warming up the ice caps and causing the sea levels to rise. If all the ice melted, at both poles, the sea level would either get lower or stay the same.

(To show this, fill a glass with ice and water, right to the brim. Watch what happens when all the ice melts. What happens to the water level?) These so-called global warming scientists seem to forget this little demonstration....

If we were just warming up as usual, if all those ice core sample readings were showing normal progression, it would have never become an issue.
    That's just it. There's nothing in the ice core samples to show we are, currently, warming up any faster than we warmed up in the past. Your "consensus scientists" are padding the numbers to show what they want those samples to show.

Remember, Global Warming is nothing more than a liberal means to exert their control over more aspects of peoples' daily lives.

It's a political means to an end....
    Last edited by alismith; 10-20-2018 at 07:39 AM.

Freedom isn't free.

Define consensus , it's a bullshit term with nothing to back it up but fake science.

Quote Originally Posted by 5.56NATO View Post
    Migration Horde Advances, Next Stop USA – Mexico Puts Up Token Resistance, Promises To Call on United Nations…
    As expected the government of Mexico put up token resistance at their southern border (video laughable) and allows thousands of economic migrants passage to the U.S. Mexico border.
    Did you seriously expect a bunch of latinos to STOP another bunch of latinos??
    “I have little patience with people who take the Bill of Rights for granted. The Bill of Rights, contained in the first ten amendments to the Constitution, is every American’s guarantee of freedom.” - - President Harry S. Truman, “Years of Trial and Hope”

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast