Thread: 2001 wasr?

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

2001 wasr?

Ok back in 2001 I was at a gun show. I wasn’t really looking for a ak but I ran across a guy that had a few ak 47s new in the box. That was when the assault weapon ban was all the talk and at $ 275 I thought well might should go ahead and get one. The guns were finished really nice and seemed well built. They had no bayonet lug and a nut welded on end of barrel. magazine fit was very good with almost no wobble and had a cleaning rod. The furniture was nice with a red glossy finish and the black grip front hand guard has a nice palm swell. Came with 2 double stack 5 or 10 round mags I can’t remember. All the metal seems to be blued. Gun was marked wasr 10. I can find no markings on the trigger group. Sights are good and straight. Stock has cleaning kit. Reciever has a serial number followed by a 2001 production date and has a scope rail on left side. There are no threads under nut on muzzle. Thing is it just doesn’t look like any wasr 10s I’ve seen but does look like the sar-1s I’ve seen except it has no dimples but does have the spacers welded in place. Gun is a fantastic shooter and came with green web sling and oil bottle. Any opinions on what I have. Maybe it’s just a wasr with different furniture. Regardless she’s a keeper !
    Last edited by Test drive; 04-03-2018 at 06:53 PM.