Thread: 56S came as a spiker??

56S came as a spiker??

Indiana, a state that is trying to remain free.
    Interesting that the "S" is smaller than the numbers, plus it is hard to see but it looks like it is the constitutionally approved, ATF banned three pin version. If a true select fire 56, some were made with the underfolding bayo. Although after looking at the pictures as best as can be seen, the right side looks like it has a selector stop so it probably isn't an ATF terror weapon.

Guessing it is a semi-auto only, I would then guess someone installed that underfolder after importation. I am assuming those pictures are in the USA.

Added, I have a MAK-90 with an underfolding bayo that if I didn't know better I would swear it is factory, but I know better.

Yes pics are from USA. Guy says he’s owned for very long time. Didn’t get too much into it as I didn’t think they ever made one. Could be old movie gun?

Quote Originally Posted by blunt350 View Post
    Yes pics are from USA. Guy says he’s owned for very long time. Didn’t get too much into it as I didn’t think they ever made one. Could be old movie gun?
    That would be a good guess, but I don't know how to prove it, but wouldn't be surprised.

How would u go about putting value on it? Can u tell if spiked has been added?

Could it be a GSAD rifle? Beside barrel where would there be import marks? Says there are none but haven’t seen in person.

Early ones were usually very faint on the barrel. I have seen "Norinco" in almost one point letters under the receiver on either side of the mag well.

If a hollywood prop gun I would not be surprised if they were brought in around an importer as stunt weapons without any import stamps.

Closeup pictures of the barrel and any found markings would be nice.

Dollar wise these days standard 56S fixed stock rifles are pushing $1500 and up. With the underfolding bayo on a true prop-gun I would not be surprised to see around $2000 these days.

Talked to owner today and he said he bought in 1987 for 140 and got rifle and 500 rounds of ammo. Says u can barley see Norinco on barrel. Friend of his had his ffl and was ordering them back then. After hour on phone he still not sure he wants to part with. Says its part of the family but needing the extra money. Suppose to send me more pics tonight.

Looking forward to additional pictures. Looks like a really nice rifle.

Just want to add my standard line when it comes to odd Chinese imports, the only rule with Chinese AK variants was there were no rules, so finding something out of the ordinary does not violate the rule, meaning it can very well be an "as imported" variation.

Good luck and from your description it looks like something I wouldn't mind in my collection.

As I have said in another thread, I wish I had a time machine to go back and gather up a bunch of these rifles.