Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Illinois town empowers sheriff to confiscate guns and magazines (see what happens when Democrats are in charge?)

Illinois town empowers sheriff to confiscate guns and magazines (see what happens when Democrats are in charge?)

http://www.breitbart.com/big-governm...ity-magazines/

April 3, 2018
    The Chicago suburb of Deerfield, Illinois, is giving residents 60 days to get rid of their “assault weapons” and “high capacity” magazines and empowering the police chief to confiscate them from those who refuse to give them up.

Deerfield previously allowed ownership of such firearms and magazines but had strict storage requirements in place for them. Now, the firearms and magazines will be illegal to posses in one’s home, even if properly stored.

The Chicago Tribune reports the “new ordinance prohibits the possession, sale and manufacturing of certain types of assault weapons and large capacity magazines within the village.” Those in violation of the ordinance will face fines of $250 to $1,000 a day.

Deerfield’s original “assault weapons” ban, including storage requirements. was instituted in 2013. The new ban is being put in place because of instances wherein “assault weapons” have been used criminally in Parkland, Florida, Sutherland Springs, Texas, Las Vegas, Nevada, and Orlando Florida. The ordinance warns that stock “assault weapons” are “customizable to become even more dangerous weapons of mass casualties and destruction.”

So what role did a human have in parkland Florida? Guess it does not matter.
    While no one ever listens to me,
    I am constantly being told to be quiet.

In a world of snowflakes,
    be the heat..

I don't see any mention of the mayor's political affiliation, nor that of the city council that passed this ordinance. Usually such local races are non-partisan, so they don't run as "Democrats" or "Republicans."

Of course, this is a suburb of Shitcago we're talking about... but usually the suburbs are more conservative than the urban areas proper.

Guess the moral of the story is to vet your local candidates thoroughly, regardless of what political party they run (or don't run) under.
    "That tyranny has all the vices both of democracy and oligarchy is evident. As of oligarchy so of tyranny, the end is wealth; (for by wealth only can the tyrant maintain either his guard or his luxury). Both mistrust the people, and therefore deprive them of their arms." -- Aristotle, Book V, 350 B.C.E

Guns Network Lifetime Member #2

Quote Originally Posted by LAGC View Post
    I don't see any mention of the mayor's political affiliation, nor that of the city council that passed this ordinance. Usually such local races are non-partisan, so they don't run as "Democrats" or "Republicans."

Of course, this is a suburb of Shitcago we're talking about... but usually the suburbs are more conservative than the urban areas proper.

Guess the moral of the story is to vet your local candidates thoroughly, regardless of what political party they run (or don't run) under.
    Hog shit. 90% of the antigun are democrats, 10% rino.

Indiana, a state that is trying to remain free.
    I hope the police chief takes the moron who signed the law and expects it to be enforced along with him as he goes to collect these evil items. I wonder how much blood will flow when they come up on that few who will not give them up.

Team Guns Network Silver 04/2013 alismith's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by imanaknut View Post
    I hope the police chief takes the moron who signed the law and expects it to be enforced along with him as he goes to collect these evil items. I wonder how much blood will flow when they come up on that few who will not give them up.
    That's what I was wondering, too. There's going to be someone there who isn't going to put up with this crap. Nor, will he surrender his guns without giving them a few bullets first.

It's going to be interesting to see how all this plays out.
    "Valar morghulis; valar dohaeris."

Commucrats are most efficient at converting sins and crimes to accidents or misunderstandings.-Oswald Bastable

Making good people helpless won't make bad people harmless.

Freedom isn't free.

"Attitude is the paintbrush that colors our world." TV Series, Haven.

My Spirit Animal has rabies.

I'd rather be an American than a Democrat.

"If you can make a man afraid, you can control him" Netflix Series, The Irregulars

They aired the public meeting on the news last night
    Had a lot of old timers who were not at all happy and talked about moving.
    They also gave time to a teen girl who was pushing for it and giving the regular speechifying we've been hearing lately
    They also mentioned a town nearby that did the same and the court upheld it
    It seems they are going one town or county at a time
    For peace of mind, resign as general manager of the universe

Team Guns Network Silver 04/2013 alismith's Avatar

Eventually, this won't end well. I think the British tried this a couple of hundred years ago....didn't end well for them, either.

One of these days, they're going to bang on the wrong door.

This is the end game of gun registration....
    "Valar morghulis; valar dohaeris."

Commucrats are most efficient at converting sins and crimes to accidents or misunderstandings.-Oswald Bastable

Making good people helpless won't make bad people harmless.

Freedom isn't free.

"Attitude is the paintbrush that colors our world." TV Series, Haven.

My Spirit Animal has rabies.

I'd rather be an American than a Democrat.

"If you can make a man afraid, you can control him" Netflix Series, The Irregulars

Forum Administrator Schuetzenman's Avatar

This is why the 2nd Amendment is in the Constitution. To slay tyrants!

The other town is Highland Park, Illinois is just another shithole people are fleeing from.

I predict internal mass migration from totalitarian shitholes aka kali, shitcago, detoilet, nyc etc shitholes to real America.
    "And how we burned in the camps later thinking, what would things have been like, if every security operative, when he went out at night to make an arrest, had been uncertain, whether he would return alive and had to say good-bye to his family?"

Team GunsNet Platinum 02/2015 davepool's Avatar

It isn't time to move, it's time to fight.

Forum Administrator Schuetzenman's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by davepool View Post
    It isn't time to move, it's time to fight.

Team GunsNetwork PLATINUM 10/2012 rci2950's Avatar

So no form of compensation or anything like that? Interesting.
    Gunsnet member since 2002
    Salt Water Cowboy - Dolphin 38

Like I keep telling people who want to leave the state for one with friendlier gun laws, liberalism is a cancer. if we don't cure the disease it will spread and eventually catch up with you.

Team GunsNet Silver 03/2014 sevlex's Avatar

Who's going to be the first deputy to die?

Will they draw straws?
    Telling the truth is treason in an empire of lies.

WWG1WGA

Nothing good ever comes from a pinched sphincter

Team GunsNet Platinum 02/2015 davepool's Avatar

If they want to do the door-to-door confiscations i suggest they start in south chicago

Quote Originally Posted by LAGC View Post

That's almost as hilarious as wondering if Dianne Feinswine is a democrat......
    Gentlemen may prefer Blondes, but Real Men prefer Redheads!

Quote Originally Posted by Full Otto View Post
    They aired the public meeting on the news last night
    Had a lot of old timers who were not at all happy and talked about moving.
    They also gave time to a teen girl who was pushing for it and giving the regular speechifying we've been hearing lately
    They also mentioned a town nearby that did the same and the court upheld it
    It seems they are going one town or county at a time

Rather than gunning down the traitors on a house-by-house basis (and ending up dead and vilified on the news), all the town's gun owners need to be proactive, grab their evil "assault" weapons and march downtown and inform their government traitors that they have no intention of complying (along with fair warning of what ANY ONE OF THEM will do to someone who tries to enforce the unconstitutional law) and get the protest and the warning into the media and into the public awareness so that, if someone IS stupid enough to try, they will have only themselves to blame.

Quote Originally Posted by rci2950 View Post
    So no form of compensation or anything like that? Interesting.

So YOU would surrender if they offered to "pay" you?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast