Thread: Illinois town empowers sheriff to confiscate guns and magazines (see what happens when Democrats are in charge?)

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Illinois town empowers sheriff to confiscate guns and magazines (see what happens when Democrats are in charge?)

http://www.breitbart.com/big-governm...ity-magazines/

April 3, 2018
    The Chicago suburb of Deerfield, Illinois, is giving residents 60 days to get rid of their “assault weapons” and “high capacity” magazines and empowering the police chief to confiscate them from those who refuse to give them up.

Deerfield previously allowed ownership of such firearms and magazines but had strict storage requirements in place for them. Now, the firearms and magazines will be illegal to posses in one’s home, even if properly stored.

The Chicago Tribune reports the “new ordinance prohibits the possession, sale and manufacturing of certain types of assault weapons and large capacity magazines within the village.” Those in violation of the ordinance will face fines of $250 to $1,000 a day.

Deerfield’s original “assault weapons” ban, including storage requirements. was instituted in 2013. The new ban is being put in place because of instances wherein “assault weapons” have been used criminally in Parkland, Florida, Sutherland Springs, Texas, Las Vegas, Nevada, and Orlando Florida. The ordinance warns that stock “assault weapons” are “customizable to become even more dangerous weapons of mass casualties and destruction.”

So what role did a human have in parkland Florida? Guess it does not matter.
    While no one ever listens to me,
    I am constantly being told to be quiet.

In a world of snowflakes,
    be the heat..

I don't see any mention of the mayor's political affiliation, nor that of the city council that passed this ordinance. Usually such local races are non-partisan, so they don't run as "Democrats" or "Republicans."

Of course, this is a suburb of Shitcago we're talking about... but usually the suburbs are more conservative than the urban areas proper.

Guess the moral of the story is to vet your local candidates thoroughly, regardless of what political party they run (or don't run) under.
    "That tyranny has all the vices both of democracy and oligarchy is evident. As of oligarchy so of tyranny, the end is wealth; (for by wealth only can the tyrant maintain either his guard or his luxury). Both mistrust the people, and therefore deprive them of their arms." -- Aristotle, Book V, 350 B.C.E

Guns Network Lifetime Member #2

Quote Originally Posted by LAGC View Post
    I don't see any mention of the mayor's political affiliation, nor that of the city council that passed this ordinance. Usually such local races are non-partisan, so they don't run as "Democrats" or "Republicans."

Of course, this is a suburb of Shitcago we're talking about... but usually the suburbs are more conservative than the urban areas proper.

Guess the moral of the story is to vet your local candidates thoroughly, regardless of what political party they run (or don't run) under.
    Hog shit. 90% of the antigun are democrats, 10% rino.

Indiana, a state that is trying to remain free.
    I hope the police chief takes the moron who signed the law and expects it to be enforced along with him as he goes to collect these evil items. I wonder how much blood will flow when they come up on that few who will not give them up.

Team Guns Network Silver 04/2013 alismith's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by imanaknut View Post
    I hope the police chief takes the moron who signed the law and expects it to be enforced along with him as he goes to collect these evil items. I wonder how much blood will flow when they come up on that few who will not give them up.
    That's what I was wondering, too. There's going to be someone there who isn't going to put up with this crap. Nor, will he surrender his guns without giving them a few bullets first.

It's going to be interesting to see how all this plays out.
    "Valar morghulis; valar dohaeris."

Commucrats are most efficient at converting sins and crimes to accidents or misunderstandings.-Oswald Bastable

Making good people helpless won't make bad people harmless.

Freedom isn't free.

"Attitude is the paintbrush that colors our world." TV Series, Haven.

My Spirit Animal has rabies.

I'd rather be an American than a Democrat.

"If you can make a man afraid, you can control him" Netflix Series, The Irregulars

Quote Originally Posted by LAGC View Post

That's almost as hilarious as wondering if Dianne Feinswine is a democrat......
    Gentlemen may prefer Blondes, but Real Men prefer Redheads!