Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Open Mosque Day aims to dispel misconceptions about Muslims

Open Mosque Day aims to dispel misconceptions about Muslims

Islamic communities across Massachusetts are opening their doors to foster better understanding of the faith. Sunday afternoon’s second annual “Open Mosque Day” events are being held in more than 20 Islamic houses of worship statewide. Organizers say visitors will be given tours, hear a brief introduction to Islam and observe a Muslim prayer service. Wafaa Wahabi of the American Islamic Center in Everett says the event is intended to help dispel misconceptions about Muslims. Wahabi says he hopes people see their Muslim neighbors “live, pray and dream just like anyone else.” Participating mosques will open their doors from 3 p.m.-6 p.m. Sunday. ...
    https://www.yahoo.com/news/m/edf2ac4...y-aims-to.html

lol!
    "And how we burned in the camps later thinking, what would things have been like, if every security operative, when he went out at night to make an arrest, had been uncertain, whether he would return alive and had to say good-bye to his family?"

Indiana, a state that is trying to remain free.
    Just ask them what they would do when you tell them you do not believe in their system?

"just like anyone else"...

I wonder what misconceptions people have about muslims that they wish to counter? I mean, it says right in their book to kill the infidel wherever they find him, to cut at his neck and melt his belly, to terrorise the infidel until all religion is for alla. I don't see how they can make that any clearer.
    "And how we burned in the camps later thinking, what would things have been like, if every security operative, when he went out at night to make an arrest, had been uncertain, whether he would return alive and had to say good-bye to his family?"

Quote Originally Posted by imanaknut View Post
    Just ask them what they would do when you tell them you do not believe in their system?

"just like anyone else"...
    They would drop a dime to U.S. District Judge William Young
    For peace of mind, resign as general manager of the universe

Team GunsNet Platinum 02/2015 davepool's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 5.56NATO View Post
    I wonder what misconceptions people have about muslims that they wish to counter? I mean, it says right in their book to kill the infidel wherever they find him, to cut at his neck and melt his belly, to terrorise the infidel until all religion is for alla. I don't see how they can make that any clearer.
    They'll probably just skip over that part

“Open Mosque Day” ... Participating mosques will open their doors from 3 p.m.-6 p.m. Sunday. ...
    Don't forget to take off your shoes and wash your feet.
    "That tyranny has all the vices both of democracy and oligarchy is evident. As of oligarchy so of tyranny, the end is wealth; (for by wealth only can the tyrant maintain either his guard or his luxury). Both mistrust the people, and therefore deprive them of their arms." -- Aristotle, Book V, 350 B.C.E

Guns Network Lifetime Member #2

Yeah but most don't come right out and say it unless they hold the political power in an area of the infidels or country that simply ignores it and covers for it like Britain and Canada for example. We're headed there, it's just not a crime yet because the second and 1rst amendments have'nt been totally destroyed yet. So they'll continue in this country to misrepresent their bloody cult as a peaceful tolerant religion that hasn't in reality existed since it's warped Mohammad brought it to Saudi Arabia by force. Robbery, rape, and mass murder

Quote Originally Posted by 1 Patriot-of-many View Post
    Yeah but most don't come right out and say it unless they hold the political power in an area of the infidels or country that simply ignores it and covers for it like Britain and Canada for example. We're headed there, it's just not a crime yet because the second and 1rst amendments have'nt been totally destroyed yet. So they'll continue in this country to misrepresent their bloody cult as a peaceful tolerant religion that hasn't in reality existed since it's warped Mohammad brought it to Saudi Arabia by force. Robbery, rape, and mass murder
    That's what I am thinking. And of course, when infidels aren't anywhere near the mosque to hear the preaching, I get the idea they're talking jihad in there.

More misconceptions dispelled;

As I was wrapping up the message, he began yelling into the building. I wasn’t sure what he was saying at first, so I stopped speaking and walked toward him so I could engage in conversation with him. It quickly became clear that he took great offense to what I was preaching about, and in the midst of yelling at me he stated, “You press on my nerves. You press on Muslims’ nerves. You’re going straight to Hell on the day of judgment.” Apparently, he was Muslim and he wanted to make sure that I knew he had a problem with the Christian message I was preaching….
    https://freedomoutpost.com/muslim-di...aight-to-hell/

Massachusetts: Muslima On Bus Slashes 2 Passengers’ Throats - Prays To Allah When Questioned By Cops
    HADLEY – After the woman charged with slashing two passengers and the driver of a Pioneer Valley Transit Authority bus was handcuffed and read her rights, she apologized.
    “I’m so sorry, I don’t know what came over me,” Brietta Brown said, according to the arrest report. “Please apologize to them for me, will they survive? I hope Allah will forgive me.”
    https://freedomoutpost.com/massachus...ioned-by-cops/

Go to the mosque with another guy holding hands and ask them what they think about gay men.
    Ask if islam is a good religion for us.

BISHOP

Go to the mosque eating a BBQ pork sandwich.
    While no one ever listens to me,
    I am constantly being told to be quiet.

In a world of snowflakes,
    be the heat..

Team Guns Network Silver 04/2013 alismith's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BISHOP View Post
    Go to the mosque with another guy holding hands and ask them what they think about gay men.
    Ask if islam is a good religion for us.

BISHOP
    If they invite you inside to show you what the roof looks like, don't go!
    "Valar morghulis; valar dohaeris."

Commucrats are most efficient at converting sins and crimes to accidents or misunderstandings.-Oswald Bastable

Making good people helpless won't make bad people harmless.

Freedom isn't free.

"Attitude is the paintbrush that colors our world." TV Series, Haven.

My Spirit Animal has rabies.

I'd rather be an American than a Democrat.

"If you can make a man afraid, you can control him" Netflix Series, The Irregulars

Open Mosque Day aims to dispel misconceptions about Muslims
    Oh so you mean they plan to finally admit that they are not a religion but instead a cult of terror, female oppression and barbarism?

What WILL all the whining liberals think?
    Gentlemen may prefer Blondes, but Real Men prefer Redheads!

Guns Network Lifetime Member #2

Quote Originally Posted by alismith View Post
    If they invite you inside to show you what the roof looks like, don't go!
    BWAHHHAAAAAAAAAA

Quote Originally Posted by LAGC View Post
    Don't forget to take off your shoes and wash your feet.
    And bring a couple pounds of bacon.

Tulsa mom stabbed 11-year-old daughter, abducted younger sister: Police
    TULSA, Okla. (AP) — Tulsa police on Tuesday arrested a woman who they say bound and gagged her three daughters, stabbed the eldest repeatedly and set their house on fire.
    Police said a patrol officer found 39-year-old Taheerah Ahmad around midday in a vehicle in downtown Tulsa. Ahmad was taken into custody and her 7-year-old daughter who had been reported missing was found safe, police said.
    https://www.yahoo.com/news/girl-foun...112947690.html

More than 90 Muslims, nearly all Democrats, running for public office across the U.S.
    Fayaz Nawabi has never met President Trump. But he credits the president with convincing him to run for office.
    Nawabi, a 31-year-old candidate for San Diego City Council, supports almost everything that Trump opposes: He is pro-affordable housing, pro-environment, pro-immigrant and pro-refugee. That makes him part of the blue wave of new liberal candidates spurred to run by Trump’s election and policies.
    But Nawabi is also part of a notable subset: the blue Muslim wave.
    “Donald Trump and Steve Bannon would love to see a right-wing radical like Bill Schuette elected in Michigan,” reads a Facebook ad for El-Sayed, who faces a Democratic primary in August. “You know what would be sweet justice? If we elected a 33-year-old Muslim instead of Bill Schuette. Send a message and help elect the first Muslim governor in America.”
    https://counterjihadreport.com/2018/...cross-the-u-s/

Team Guns Network Silver 04/2013 alismith's Avatar

Fucking muslims.
    "Valar morghulis; valar dohaeris."

Commucrats are most efficient at converting sins and crimes to accidents or misunderstandings.-Oswald Bastable

Making good people helpless won't make bad people harmless.

Freedom isn't free.

"Attitude is the paintbrush that colors our world." TV Series, Haven.

My Spirit Animal has rabies.

I'd rather be an American than a Democrat.

"If you can make a man afraid, you can control him" Netflix Series, The Irregulars

"Absolutely" a blue Muslim wave coming, says Michigan congressional candidate Rashida Tlaib
    Rashida Tlaib, who is running for the Congress in the 13th district in Michigan, said Wednesday she "absolutely" sees a "blue Muslim wave" in the 2018 midterm elections. Tlaib is one of more than 90 Muslim Americans, many of whom are Democrats, running for public office in 2018, a trend The Washington Post dubbed the "blue Muslim wave."
    https://www.cbsnews.com/news/rashida...onal-district/

Watch the GOP Freak Out Over This Muslim Candidate
    The resolution contained the typical BS talking points idiots on the right spew, such as Muslims want to destroy America. (Tell that to the 5,000 plus American Muslims currently serving in the U.S. armed services and the families of those Muslims buried in Arlington National Cemetery.) The resolution even seeks to ban Muslim leaders, religious or otherwise, from ever delivering a speech or invocation at a Republican convention or event.
    Now before you dismiss this as the rantings of a madman, think again. The Minnesota state GOP chair, Jennifer Carnahan, refused to denounce the resolution when asked about it by the local media because she “did not want to prematurely judge the situation.” And even her statement responding to the resolution seemed to be dog whistle politics saying that the Minnesota GOP welcomes anyone “who shares our values.” Add to that, two GOP Minnesota legislators claimed in January that Muslims were trying to “infiltrate” the Republican Party and one of the current GOP candidates for governor, Phillip Parrish, recently refused to even meet with Minnesota Muslim community leaders saying that “Islam is not a faith.”
    https://www.thedailybeast.com/watch-...st+Articles%29

It can always be worse;

Scottish Government Greenlights Plan to Let Asylum Seekers, Refugees Vote
    Parliamentary business minister Joe Fitzpatrick told MSPs on Wednesday: “it is right that people who make their lives here and contribute to society should have the right to vote, wherever they are from,” stating the government’s position on a consultation to expand the vote which was launched in December.
    http://www.breitbart.com/london/2018...-seekers-vote/

Maine: Man Dies After Brutal Beating By Muslim Migrant Mob In Lewiston Park
    The Press Herald doesn’t see fit to mention the fact that this teen mob was made up of Somali Muslim migrants. Why cover this up? Because apparently Lewiston officials, as well as the local media there, are intent upon covering up migrant crime, so that the non-Muslim natives will remain ignorant and complacent regarding the Muslim migrant influx.
    We see the same coverup happening all over Europe.
    An update on this story. “Man who was ‘trying to get his life straightened out’ dies from beating in brawl at Lewiston’s Kennedy Park,” by Matt Byrne, Press Herald, June 15, 2018:
    https://freedomoutpost.com/maine-man...lewiston-park/

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast