Thread: Beretta APX Pisto Problems Uncover Top Shelf Customer Service

Team GunsNet Gold 07/2012 / Super Moderator Gunreference1's Avatar

Post Beretta APX Pisto Problems Uncover Top Shelf Customer Service

After today, it's all historical.

I wonder if they knew who he was? I mean he is on ammoland......
    While no one ever listens to me,
    I am constantly being told to be quiet.

In a world of snowflakes,
    be the heat..

Indiana, a state that is trying to remain free.
    I have had good luck with Beretta customer service. One just has to remember that sometimes it takes a while to answer the phone at any business but I have been lucky in the couple of times I had to call.

One was for my CX-4 Storm carbine where I inserted an extended mag that didn't have a bumper on the lower end and I wound up shoving it through the slide lock. I called Beretta and told them that I broke it, but they told me that I could either send the rifle in for repair or if I felt I could do it, they would send me the part. Not only did they send the part, but included a return envelop for me to send the broken parts back. No charge!

Another time I called was to question a pistol I bought, an early 92 (no letter) with the frame safety. The normal serial number on those had a "B" in front of the numbers but mine didn't. There were no import markings, and no Italian proof marks. The really nice person I spoke to spent a lot of time going through records with me finally finding that my pistol was a proof of concept that most likely went to Brazil as a show piece, but was supposed to have gone back with the Beretta people as it did not meet export requirements as it hadn't been proof checked as required. How it got into the USA without any importer stamps was a question, but the fact that I had the pistol and it's description was the early design with stampings that was supposed to stay in house after showing it. Unfortunately in a rare fit of klutz I can't find the letter he sent as proof, but I am sure I can get another if I want to.

As for the ammoland guy, yeah being a friend helped I am sure, but Beretta has been known for good customer service.