Thread: The Character Assasination of RADM Jackson

Team Gunsnet Platinum 06/2016 ltorlo64's Avatar

The Character Assasination of RADM Jackson

This is irritating to me. Not that President Trump’s choice was forced to remove his name from consideration, but the way it was done. The news organizations and some Senators are acting like RADM Jackson had never been vetted. The problem is, this is not true. First there is the process officers go through to be promoted. From the time we are recommended for promotion to O4 (Lieutenant Commander or Major) we are vetted by at least three different organizations. The military department we actually belong, the Department of Defense, and then the Senate. Each of these organizations look into the backgrounds of each officer recommended for promotion and if anything is found, even accusations, they are fully investigated to determine if the officer should be promoted or not. This vetting process gets more difficult the more senior the promotion is. Confirmed but unprosecuted accusations are enough to keep an officer off the promotion list.

Second, the people who are granted regular access to the President are vetted prior to their being given that access. As with the promotion process the vetting process is an in depth background check. This vetting process continues after they start working for the President to ensure that the President is kept safe.

For the various news organizations to make it sound as if RADM Jackson had not been vetted is irritating. For Senators to bring up accusations that would have already been investigated and not confirmed is a form of character assassination for purely political reasons. RADM Jackson has served the country for 26 years. During this time he was recommended for promotion that would require vetting 5 times. In 2006 he was selected, which means he was vetted extensively, to serve as the White House physician. What has been done to RADM Jackson is a disgrace.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/polit...Aws8Gt?ocid=sf
    "Nothing ever gets so bad that government "help" can't make it worse." Pat Garrett, March 22, 2014

"HATE IS GOOD, WHEN ITS DIRECTED AT EVIL." PROBASCO, April 20, 2012

I tried to push the envelope, but found that it was stationery.

Have you heard about the new corduroy pillows? They're making head lines!

NRA Endowment Member

Site Admin & **Team Gunsnet Silver 12/2012** Richard Simmons's Avatar

Angry

Quote Originally Posted by ltorlo64 View Post
    This is irritating to me. Not that President Trump’s choice was forced to remove his name from consideration, but the way it was done. The news organizations and some Senators are acting like RADM Jackson had never been vetted. The problem is, this is not true. First there is the process officers go through to be promoted. From the time we are recommended for promotion to O4 (Lieutenant Commander or Major) we are vetted by at least three different organizations. The military department we actually belong, the Department of Defense, and then the Senate. Each of these organizations look into the backgrounds of each officer recommended for promotion and if anything is found, even accusations, they are fully investigated to determine if the officer should be promoted or not. This vetting process gets more difficult the more senior the promotion is. Confirmed but unprosecuted accusations are enough to keep an officer off the promotion list.

Second, the people who are granted regular access to the President are vetted prior to their being given that access. As with the promotion process the vetting process is an in depth background check. This vetting process continues after they start working for the President to ensure that the President is kept safe.

For the various news organizations to make it sound as if RADM Jackson had not been vetted is irritating. For Senators to bring up accusations that would have already been investigated and not confirmed is a form of character assassination for purely political reasons. RADM Jackson has served the country for 26 years. During this time he was recommended for promotion that would require vetting 5 times. In 2006 he was selected, which means he was vetted extensively, to serve as the White House physician. What has been done to RADM Jackson is a disgrace.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/polit...Aws8Gt?ocid=sf
    I agree completely.
    Gunsnet member since 1999
    USN 1978-86
    BCCI Life Member #2068

•" We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm. " George Orwell

I haven't really been keeping on top of this latest controversy...

What was the senators' beef with the rear admiral? Something about liberally dispensing meds to White House staff without prescription?

I know Senator Jon Tester is a pretty conservative Democrat from a red state (Montana) so I doubt he'd be picking nits just for political giggles. According to him, he was just following up on investigative leads from former staffers of the rear admiral, those who worked under him and could provide direct testimony as to his behavior on the job... I'm not sure what motive they might have to try to deny him promotion to that VA director position?
    "That tyranny has all the vices both of democracy and oligarchy is evident. As of oligarchy so of tyranny, the end is wealth; (for by wealth only can the tyrant maintain either his guard or his luxury). Both mistrust the people, and therefore deprive them of their arms." -- Aristotle, Book V, 350 B.C.E

Team GunsNet Silver 12/2011 N/A's Avatar

Texas...at the intersection of I-20 and the Korean War Veterans Memorial Higheway
    I don't think a Dr. has to write out a prescription to hand someone a bottle of pills...only if he sends them on his way to get the Rx filled at a drug store. I'd think that as the White House Physician, he would have some common drugs on hand at all time, and probably was approached by the White House Staff from time to time for medical advice or minor problems...headaches, backaches, colds, flu, et cetera. Maybe some thought he should only serve the President and ignore everyone else he associated with on a regular basis.
    No enemy of America would have ever been killed if they didn't show up to be killed. HDR

Indiana, a state that is trying to remain free.
    Remember, in today's snowflake society you are guilty until proven innocent and sometimes that isn't enough. Accusations whether real or made up are true regardless of facts that prove otherwise.

And yes, a doctor can hand you pills without an Rx. My doctor many times was nice enough to hand me samples of a drug that would require a prescription if I wanted to buy them from a pharmacy.

Team Gunsnet Platinum 06/2016 ltorlo64's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by LAGC View Post
    I haven't really been keeping on top of this latest controversy...

What was the senators' beef with the rear admiral? Something about liberally dispensing meds to White House staff without prescription?
    Senator Tester's beef was about rumors. Rumors that, according to the Secret Service. have been investigated and determined to be unfounded. Not only that, as I pointed out, the various rumors were investigated by multiple organizations including Senate investigators and found to be without substance. If they had found any of these rumors to be with substance RADM Jackson would not have been promoted and would definitely not have passed the investigation to be assigned to the President (which was completed multiple times, the first time in 2006).

I know Senator Jon Tester is a pretty conservative Democrat from a red state (Montana) so I doubt he'd be picking nits just for political giggles. According to him, he was just following up on investigative leads from former staffers of the rear admiral, those who worked under him and could provide direct testimony as to his behavior on the job... I'm not sure what motive they might have to try to deny him promotion to that VA director position?
    Have you not seen how Democrats have reacted to anything and anyone that Trump has proposed? Just because Trump proposes it is sufficient reason for to take any action to stop it. It is simply sad how the Democrats are trashing honorable people's reputations just to keep Trump from having any success. It is petty.
    "Nothing ever gets so bad that government "help" can't make it worse." Pat Garrett, March 22, 2014

"HATE IS GOOD, WHEN ITS DIRECTED AT EVIL." PROBASCO, April 20, 2012

I tried to push the envelope, but found that it was stationery.

Have you heard about the new corduroy pillows? They're making head lines!

NRA Endowment Member

It is just a personal vendetta against the POTUS and they now know they cannot get him so it is everyone else.
    While no one ever listens to me,
    I am constantly being told to be quiet.

In a world of snowflakes,
    be the heat..

The problem here is the results just encourage more of this tactic. You know it's getting bad when even libs are getting pissed at other libs for retarded shit, like for the white house dinner the other nite. Jokes about abortions, etc etc. High class people.
    "And how we burned in the camps later thinking, what would things have been like, if every security operative, when he went out at night to make an arrest, had been uncertain, whether he would return alive and had to say good-bye to his family?"