Thread: Two NJ high school students suspended for going to gun range after school

Two NJ high school students suspended for going to gun range after school

This is fucking ridiculous!!!

Two NJ high school students suspended for going to gun range after school

Lacey Township School District in central New Jersey suspended two high school students after Snapchat pictures showed them at a gun range outside of school hours.

Attorney Daniel Schmutter with the Association of New Jersey Rifle and Pistol Clubs said a lawsuit might be pending since the pictures were non-threatening and not alarming in any way. The two students were simply at a gun range after school hours.

Schmutter indicated in a letter to Lacey Township School District that suspending the two students for posting photos off school grounds and unrelated to school activities was a “very serious violation” of the their rights, according to Patch.com.

After the incident, the “straight A” students returned to school but were not permitted to go to class, Schmutter said, according to Patch.com.

Lacey Township School District follows the Safe Schools Initiative and the Zero Tolerance for Guns Act. Their own policy enforces zero-tolerance policy for any students who have weapons in their possession, on or off school grounds, according to Patch.com.

“These are top-quality kids. It’s astonishing what they have done to these kids,” Schumuter said.

The students could face a possible one-year suspension, according to Schmutter.
    Consequently - the school responds:
    http://www.pressofatlanticcity.com/n...380d5aae6.html

Good to see the school back down. Ridiculous over-reaction on their part, in the first place.

Once upon a time in this country kids could bring their guns TO school, gun racks in their pickup trucks in the school parking lot and everything.

Pretty sad how fragile we've become, as a society.
    "That tyranny has all the vices both of democracy and oligarchy is evident. As of oligarchy so of tyranny, the end is wealth; (for by wealth only can the tyrant maintain either his guard or his luxury). Both mistrust the people, and therefore deprive them of their arms." -- Aristotle, Book V, 350 B.C.E

I am glad to see this also but I will guarantee 1 thing their squirmy little minds
    are trying to figure a way around this.
    While no one ever listens to me,
    I am constantly being told to be quiet.

In a world of snowflakes,
    be the heat..

Team GunsNetwork PLATINUM 10/2012 rci2950's Avatar

Can't read the story on the linked page. It's covered up by ads or something
    Gunsnet member since 2002
    Salt Water Cowboy - Dolphin 38

Quote Originally Posted by rci2950 View Post
    I can see it just fine. No Ads. Don't know what's wrong with your browser.

Lacey Township School District revises policy banning guns outside of school
    Associated Press Mar 19, 2018

LACEY TOWNSHIP — The Ocean County school district has revised a policy that banned students from having guns outside of school.

The policy had said Lacey students could be punished for having weapons “on or off school grounds.” It now states students cannot bring weapons to school or on a bus.

The Association of New Jersey Rifle & Pistol Clubs had threatened to sue the district over the policy. That came amid reports that two students had been suspended for posting a picture of guns at a shooting range.

The district has said reports of the discipline were incorrect but has declined to provide specifics, citing privacy rules.

The gun association said the policy change appears to address its major concerns. But the group’s lawyers are still reviewing it.

Quote Originally Posted by tank_monkey View Post
    I can see it just fine. No Ads. Don't know what's wrong with your browser.
    i am phone fagging. there is a big grey square like a pop up with nothing in it over the text. Thanks for posting it. sounds like a retarded liberal in charge of something they shouldn't be.

Team GunsNet Platinum 02/2015 davepool's Avatar

and in other "what the fuck news" looks like the badass boys of broward county; brave, fearless defenders of the weak and defenseless, have performed their duty to intimidate and browbeat a dangerous menace to society

http://insider.foxnews.com/2018/04/2...hool-officials

Quote Originally Posted by LAGC View Post
    Good to see the school back down. Ridiculous over-reaction on their part, in the first place.

Once upon a time in this country kids could bring their guns TO school, gun racks in their pickup trucks in the school parking lot and everything.

Society hasn't become "fragile"... it's totally lost it's mind.
    Gentlemen may prefer Blondes, but Real Men prefer Redheads!

https://adblockplus.org/

Quote Originally Posted by Krupski View Post
    i can put that on my phone?!

Team Gunsnet Platinum 06/2016 ltorlo64's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by LAGC View Post

I am left handed and have a left handed bolt action .22. When I took hunter's education, offered at school, I was asked by the instructor to bring my rifle to school so the right handers could see why operating a right handed bolt rifle was difficult for me. No one thought a second about it and one of the teachers kept it in his classroom until I left. Yeah, times are much different.
    "Nothing ever gets so bad that government "help" can't make it worse." Pat Garrett, March 22, 2014

"HATE IS GOOD, WHEN ITS DIRECTED AT EVIL." PROBASCO, April 20, 2012

I tried to push the envelope, but found that it was stationery.

Have you heard about the new corduroy pillows? They're making head lines!

NRA Endowment Member

Team Gunsnet Platinum 06/2016 ltorlo64's Avatar

But if the kids stood up in class and yelled "Bleep the NRA" they would just be practicing their right to free speech and there would be no action taken.
    "Nothing ever gets so bad that government "help" can't make it worse." Pat Garrett, March 22, 2014

"HATE IS GOOD, WHEN ITS DIRECTED AT EVIL." PROBASCO, April 20, 2012

I tried to push the envelope, but found that it was stationery.

Have you heard about the new corduroy pillows? They're making head lines!

NRA Endowment Member

Team GunsNet Bronze 10/2014

i would expect no less from nj. i refuse to go there. the only thing that would interest me, would be a sign saying: welcome to pennsylvania.

i can put that on my phone?!

Don't know. Go to the link and maybe check a FAQ?

Well at least it's consistent. What I mean by that is to punish those who would never use a weapon and/or commit a crime with same. Instead of locking up or at least disarming the nutter who was reported again and again to the cowards of Broward as well as kgbfbi, punish those who have committed no crime by restricting their right to self defense.
    "And how we burned in the camps later thinking, what would things have been like, if every security operative, when he went out at night to make an arrest, had been uncertain, whether he would return alive and had to say good-bye to his family?"

Team GunsNet Bronze 07/2011 T2K's Avatar

That's the direction leftists want to move: guns as dirty, marginalized, and indecent objects. This NJ school skipped a few moves ahead, and had to pull back THIS TIME. But make no mistake, this is what they want. Just touching a gun is a crime!

Team GunsNet Platinum 02/2015 davepool's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by T2K View Post
    That's the direction leftists want to move: guns as dirty, marginalized, and indecent objects. This NJ school skipped a few moves ahead, and had to pull back THIS TIME. But make no mistake, this is what they want. Just touching a gun is a crime!
    or drawing a picture of a gun, biting your pop-tart in the shape of a gun, pointing your finger like a gun etc. etc. etc.

What the useful idiots keep failing to remember is that if the leftists gain control they will not hesitate for a second to use guns to control the people. That's really what gun control is to a leftist

What's sad about this is my 9 year old granddaughter has been shooting AR15s since she was 7 (she's a natural when it comes to shooting)and this summer we're going to work on her handgun skills with the goal of competing in junior 3-gun matches in the future. She LOVES shooting and knows she can't say a word about it to her friends at school