Thread: Not even a week into the job, John Bolton is already bombing a shithole country...

Not even a week into the job, John Bolton is already bombing a shithole country...

President Trump on Friday announced that he has approved military strikes in Syria against the regime of Syrian President Bashar al-Assad.

The announcement follows a suspected chemical gas attack from the Assad regime on a rebel-held town near the Syrian capital last weekend.

Trump's announcement immediately preceded reports of loud explosions lighting up the sky in Damascus.

Assad's actions, Trump said, "are not the actions of a man," but "are the crimes of a monster instead."
    http://www.foxnews.com/world/2018/04...-in-syria.html

Here we go... boots on the ground in 3... 2... 1...
    "That tyranny has all the vices both of democracy and oligarchy is evident. As of oligarchy so of tyranny, the end is wealth; (for by wealth only can the tyrant maintain either his guard or his luxury). Both mistrust the people, and therefore deprive them of their arms." -- Aristotle, Book V, 350 B.C.E

Sen. Rand Paul (R-Ky.) challenged Secretary of State nominee Mike Pompeo Thursday on whether President Trump can authorize strikes on Syria without approval from Congress.

Pompeo, the current CIA director and a former congressman, said at his Senate confirmation hearing that he believes the president has the authority to sign off on another attack on Bashar al-Assad's forces.

He said that power of the president has not been disputed by Democrats or Republicans for an "extended" period of time.

Paul disputed that, arguing the Constitution gives that power to Congress, not the executive branch.

"Actually it's disputed mostly by our founding fathers," he countered, adding he objects to the idea that a president can "go to war when he wants, where he wants."

Paul said when Pompeo was in Congress, he said then-President Obama needed congressional approval to strike Libya. He said millions of Americans voted for President Trump because he was against more U.S. military involvement around the world.
    http://insider.foxnews.com/2018/04/1...a-attack-trump

BOMBS AWAY!!
    "That tyranny has all the vices both of democracy and oligarchy is evident. As of oligarchy so of tyranny, the end is wealth; (for by wealth only can the tyrant maintain either his guard or his luxury). Both mistrust the people, and therefore deprive them of their arms." -- Aristotle, Book V, 350 B.C.E

Guns Network Contributor 01/2015 Altarboy's Avatar

Jeez. I sure hope we know what we are doing. I really don't feel like we are on the right side on this one.

Indiana, a state that is trying to remain free.
    Putin brags about being able to shoot down USA missiles. Trump calls his bluff and launches missiles. Putin anti-missile missiles not to be seen.

I am sure Putin is not happy that Trump called his bluff!

Quote Originally Posted by imanaknut View Post
    Putin brags about being able to shoot down USA missiles. Trump calls his bluff and launches missiles. Putin anti-missile missiles not to be seen.

I am sure Putin is not happy that Trump called his bluff!

The truth always comes out but in the near future how exactly would we know jack shit if any of our missiles were shot down? I think we are at a point now where the only news provided to us is fake news.

Also, isn't it kind of early in the game to say Putin was bluffing? One thing is for sure. If he does nothing he will appear impotent.

Guns Network Contributor 01/2015 Altarboy's Avatar

I heard they shot down a bunch of them.

Team Guns Network Silver 04/2013 alismith's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Altarboy View Post
    So far, the only thing I've heard is that Russia didn't launch any missiles. But, the truth will come out. It always does.
    "Valar morghulis; valar dohaeris."

Commucrats are most efficient at converting sins and crimes to accidents or misunderstandings.-Oswald Bastable

Making good people helpless won't make bad people harmless.

Freedom isn't free.

"Attitude is the paintbrush that colors our world." TV Series, Haven.

My Spirit Animal has rabies.

I'd rather be an American than a Democrat.

"If you can make a man afraid, you can control him" Netflix Series, The Irregulars

So far what I have read, and again with today's newsless media, many Syrian people are really happy that the US did something.

Quote Originally Posted by Altarboy View Post
    At a million per missile or something like that this is a total waste of money. Who knows what a B2 sortie
    costs? We always have plenty of money to play world police and save the world, but for some reason don't have the will or the funding to protect our own border. It didn't take Trump very long to show his Neocon colors.

So far what I have read, and again with today's newsless media, many Syrian people are really happy that the US did something.
    So we should be happy that they are happy? I must be a bad person because I don't give a flying f***.

Quote Originally Posted by jet3534 View Post
    So we should be happy that they are happy? I must be a bad person because I don't give a flying f***.
    Actually yes, because if enough of them are happy for our way of life, maybe they will rise up and fight for themselves, although that is really difficult when you are not allowed the right to keep and bear arms. Unarmed, the people of Syria have little chance of ever seeing freedom.

Right now we don't seem to have many friends in this insane world, so we should take who we can get.

Team GunsNet Silver 12/2011 N/A's Avatar

Texas...at the intersection of I-20 and the Korean War Veterans Memorial Higheway
    Troll thread...click bait title... familiar user bullshit...feigned innocence in coming...
    No enemy of America would have ever been killed if they didn't show up to be killed. HDR

Quote Originally Posted by jet3534 View Post
    At a million per missile or something like that this is a total waste of money. Who knows what a B2 sortie
    costs? We always have plenty of money to play world police and save the world, but for some reason don't have the will or the funding to protect our own border. It didn't take Trump very long to show his Neocon colors.
    Let us put this in prospective. In what we owe it was only 100 dollars in your and my money.
    You can spend that on dinner and drinks in a night.
    While no one ever listens to me,
    I am constantly being told to be quiet.

In a world of snowflakes,
    be the heat..

I support Trump's actions against the Syrian government. President Obama wanted to oust Assad with military force and turn it into another Libya (which would have been terrible). I believe the Trump administration is more interested in finding a political solution to the Syrian conflict, while at the same time preventing the use and spread of chemical weapons. This has also sent a clear message to other rogue regimes such as North Korea and Iran that the U.S. is not playing games and that there will be consequences for violating international agreements.

Team Guns Network Silver 04/2013 alismith's Avatar

The rogue nations are learning there's a new Sheriff in town.
    "Valar morghulis; valar dohaeris."

Commucrats are most efficient at converting sins and crimes to accidents or misunderstandings.-Oswald Bastable

Making good people helpless won't make bad people harmless.

Freedom isn't free.

"Attitude is the paintbrush that colors our world." TV Series, Haven.

My Spirit Animal has rabies.

I'd rather be an American than a Democrat.

"If you can make a man afraid, you can control him" Netflix Series, The Irregulars

Actually yes, because if enough of them are happy for our way of life, maybe they will rise up and fight for themselves, although that is really difficult when you are not allowed the right to keep and bear arms. Unarmed, the people of Syria have little chance of ever seeing freedom.

Right now we don't seem to have many friends in this insane world, so we should take who we can get.
    Rather than respond in my own words I will quote Donald Trump. "Remember, all these ‘freedom fighters’ in Syria want to fly planes into our buildings."

While no one ever listens to me,
    I am constantly being told to be quiet.

In a world of snowflakes,
    be the heat..

Guns Network Lifetime Member #2

Terrorists are learning we'll do the bombing for them since they don't have a Navy or Air force.....Sorry but taking down a sectarian dictator to install an Islamic Extremist bunch of terrorists didn't work out so well in Libya or Egypt and it certainly won't turn out well in Syria. Thank God for the Egyptian Army Heads to realize power for terrorists was a bad thing.
    Last edited by 1 Patriot-of-many; 04-15-2018 at 10:13 AM.