Thread: Does anyone think this is strange

Does anyone think this is strange

This morning I was not feeling well but there were things that had to be done and I had to leave home.
    I set the alarm and left, I was gone about an hour and when I got home I punched the wrong code into the alarm
    and by accident set it off. But I thought after that I put in the right code.

As I started puking the phone starts ringing. Another 5 minutes goes by and I am still
    puking when I hear a knock at the door. I look out the front window and see my neighbor standing there
    with a police car in front of the house.

I knew it was the alarm and opened the door my neighbor said hey Jack, the alarm co.
    called me and your wife could not get in touch. The police officer looked at me and said we had a
    burglary call and responded. I told him thanks and I had pushed the wrong code.

With a man I have known for 28 years standing there looking at me the officer told me he needed
    to see identification.
    While no one ever listens to me,
    I am constantly being told to be quiet.

In a world of snowflakes,
    be the heat..

Team GunsNet Bronze 10/2014

seems racist to me. obama would say he's a stupid cop.

Team Guns Network Silver 04/2013 alismith's Avatar

It's nothing more than the cop verifying, to his satisfaction, that you are who you say you are. He doesn't know your history, nor your neighbor's.

He's just playing it safe.
    "Valar morghulis; valar dohaeris."

Commucrats are most efficient at converting sins and crimes to accidents or misunderstandings.-Oswald Bastable

Making good people helpless won't make bad people harmless.

Freedom isn't free.

"Attitude is the paintbrush that colors our world." TV Series, Haven.

My Spirit Animal has rabies.

I'd rather be an American than a Democrat.

"If you can make a man afraid, you can control him" Netflix Series, The Irregulars

He has to put in his report that he SAW and verified who you were. Unless you've had a 28 year relationship with THAT COP, it's not strange.

Ok I got it, show me your papers.

be the heat..

Think of it this way, if some dude broke into your house and was robbing you and just told the cops hey its ok I live here, wouldn't you prefer they asked for id before they left

Guns Network Contributor 01/2015 Altarboy's Avatar

Yeah I think the cop acted correctly.

Quote Originally Posted by NAPOTS View Post
    Think of it this way, if some dude broke into your house and was robbing you and just told the cops hey its ok I live here, wouldn't you prefer they asked for id before they left
    Did you read what I wrote? My neighbor across the street was called by the alarm co. he is 3 on the
    list. Calls me by name when the door opens and someone breaking in would not have been able to disable my alarm.

But I guess it is ok

be the heat..

Just be glad you're not a black man. Cops would have shot you dead and asked questions later.
    "That tyranny has all the vices both of democracy and oligarchy is evident. As of oligarchy so of tyranny, the end is wealth; (for by wealth only can the tyrant maintain either his guard or his luxury). Both mistrust the people, and therefore deprive them of their arms." -- Aristotle, Book V, 350 B.C.E

I identified as black.

be the heat..

Quote Originally Posted by l921428x View Post
    I identified as black.
    The cop must not have believed his lying eyes, then.
    "That tyranny has all the vices both of democracy and oligarchy is evident. As of oligarchy so of tyranny, the end is wealth; (for by wealth only can the tyrant maintain either his guard or his luxury). Both mistrust the people, and therefore deprive them of their arms." -- Aristotle, Book V, 350 B.C.E

Quote Originally Posted by LAGC View Post
    The cop must not have believed his lying eyes, then.
    What does your signature line mean to you then? 4TH amendment comes to mind.

I mean why stop stop and search?

be the heat..

I hear you, my friend. It sounds like the cop was being overbearing. He should have just taken your neighbor's word that you were who he said you were.

All I'm saying is, it could have turned out to be a lot worse though. Be thankful the cop only "asked" to see your ID and it never escalated from there.

"Mistaken identity" has been the source of more than a few mishaps, when it comes to the trigger-happy police.

I know but it is an aggravation. Do not suspect me because you can and I did not grow up where anyone can vote and I HAVE to show a picture ID
    to put a fucking check in my bank account. I was to ill at the time or I would have just closed the door as his business was over. But as I have said
    I am sick to death of seeing it everyday. And negros get killed because they kill..

be the heat..

I HAVE to show a picture ID to put a fucking check in my bank account.
    Who do you bank with? At my local credit union, all I have to do is write "FOR DEPOSIT ONLY" and my account number on the back of the check, and it gets deposited no questions asked.

I quit using the big chain banks because they charge exorbitant fees and make you keep high minimum balances in your accounts if you don't want to be raped in fees.

Seriously, look into a local credit union if your bank is being a dick like that.

Contributor 02/2014 FunkyPertwee's Avatar

Just be glad you're not a black man. Cops would have shot you dead and asked questions later.

WTF I love cops now.
    "I'm fucking furious, I'm violently angry, and I like it. If you don't know what that feels like then I feel bad for you"

Who do you bank with? At my local credit union, all I have to do is write "FOR DEPOSIT ONLY" and my account number on the back of the check, and it gets deposited no questions asked.

I quit using the big chain banks because they charge exorbitant fees and make you keep high minimum balances in your accounts if you don't want to be raped in fees.

Seriously, look into a local credit union if your bank is being a dick like that.
    BOA. My wife is a hard head and does not like ANY change. But I did move my money to my credit union and am
    working on her moving her money to my credit union. We pay no fees with BOA here but you DO have to show them a picture
    id here to deposit a check in your own account.

be the heat..

BOA.
    Fuck BOA. They are part of the Corporate Gun Grab by big banks trying to smother the Second Amendment:

Bank of America to Stop Financing Makers of Military-Style Guns

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/04/10/b...rica-guns.html

Seriously. Get your fucking money out of there, don't let them use it to finance their gun-grabbing operations.

All the big banks need to die. EVERYONE should move all their money to local credit unions and let these corporate bankster cock-suckers rot.

Are you married? You just do not yank stuff if the other says no.

be the heat..