Thread: Rare Abraham Lincoln tie to the NRA shows up at auction

Team GunsNet Gold 07/2012 / Super Moderator Gunreference1's Avatar

Post Rare Abraham Lincoln tie to the NRA shows up at auction

After today, it's all historical.

Team GunsNet Silver 12/2011 N/A's Avatar

Texas...at the intersection of I-20 and the Korean War Veterans Memorial Higheway
    Interesting artifact, but I fail to see how the W/Examiner connects Lincoln in any way to the NRA thru this individual. Wasn't Lincoln quite dead by the time the NRA was founded?
    No enemy of America would have ever been killed if they didn't show up to be killed. HDR

Guns Network Lifetime Member #2

Alexander Historical Auctions, the Maryland-based auction house that focuses on U.S. and international historic artifacts, is offering Lincoln’s hand-signed appointment of a Civil War captain who later became the co-founder of the NRA and its second president.

Team GunsNet Silver 12/2011 N/A's Avatar

Texas...at the intersection of I-20 and the Korean War Veterans Memorial Higheway
    Yes, but the W/Examiner calls it a "rare link between Abraham Lincoln and the National Rifle Association. A "link" connects two things together; there is nothing linking Lincoln to the NRA at all. Just more journalistic click bait.....

The document in question is the link between Lincoln and the newly commissioned Captain, and nothing else.
    Last edited by N/A; 04-17-2018 at 01:17 PM.
    No enemy of America would have ever been killed if they didn't show up to be killed. HDR