Thread: Collector busted in NYC for a 'modest' collection of guns

Collector busted in NYC for a 'modest' collection of guns

https://nypost.com/2018/04/16/cache-...ens-mans-home/

They freak out over 71 guns. I do LIKE this guys' collection. He has some very nice pre bans .... Sadly these guns will be DESTROYED by the NYPD.

He also seems to have quite a few SBRs and I'm pretty sure he didn't do the due diligence to acquire them. But that is a nice collections that is destined to be melted down. (for the record, I HATE It when media douchbags make statements like ANYONE with a large gun collection is 'planning an attack'. Most of the people who PLAN ATTACKS have perhaps one or two guns, NOT over 70)

Indiana, a state that is trying to remain free.
    Why on earth would someone inside New York City, center of the US communist state maintain such a collection? There are many collector grade items in the couple of photos that were shown.

I'm sorry, but if you really like your second amendment rights, you have got to find a way to get out of that foreign land of NYC.

Ronald Drabman... do I know him by a screen name?

You cannot have it both ways boys and girls. Illegal is illegal. Busted for a illegal .357......

Idk know what happened.
    While no one ever listens to me,
    I am constantly being told to be quiet.

In a world of snowflakes,
    be the heat..

Team Gunsnet Platinum 06/2016 ltorlo64's Avatar

A tip to a "field intelligence officer" initiated the raid. What is a "field intelligence officer"? It has a very non-American, or at least non-free American, ring to it. At least we have the Second Amendment to prevent this sort of thing.
    "Nothing ever gets so bad that government "help" can't make it worse." Pat Garrett, March 22, 2014

"HATE IS GOOD, WHEN ITS DIRECTED AT EVIL." PROBASCO, April 20, 2012

I tried to push the envelope, but found that it was stationery.

Have you heard about the new corduroy pillows? They're making head lines!

NRA Endowment Member

Guns Network Lifetime Member #2

Quote Originally Posted by ltorlo64 View Post
    A tip to a "field intelligence officer" initiated the raid. What is a "field intelligence officer"? It has a very non-American, or at least non-free American, ring to it. At least we have the Second Amendment to prevent this sort of thing.
    Does sound like the KGB doesn't it? Seems law enforcement likes to use para military term and act like they are para military.

Come on Pat you have not been watching what happened over the last 10 years?

Read 5.56 cut and pastes.

be the heat..

NYC has the Sullivan Act, (I believe) which bans gun pretty much in the city and they have squads of officers who are just gestapo, enforcing the anti gun laws of NYC. The infamous Amadou Diallo case, where 4 or 5 plain clothes cops shot an unarmed black man in a doorway. They were yelling at him to freeze, but Diallo sadly reached for his IDENTIFICATION because he was used to doing in his home country when cops shook him down, but the NYPD detectives shot him 21 times. I had NO sympathy for those cops in this case. They were a squad for the 'gun control division' of the NYPD. Cops who just go around and LOOK for firearms laws violations, no matter how technical or minor, and throw the book at you.....

Yeah I remember that case. But did you not have something similar happen a couple of weeks ago?
    But Diallo was not breaking windows and trespassing into private property?

be the heat..

Quote Originally Posted by tank_monkey View Post
    https://nypost.com/2018/04/16/cache-...ens-mans-home/

They freak out over 71 guns. I do LIKE this guys' collection. He has some very nice pre bans .... Sadly these guns will be DESTROYED by the NYPD.

He also seems to have quite a few SBRs and I'm pretty sure he didn't do the due diligence to acquire them. But that is a nice collections that is destined to be melted down. (for the record, I HATE It when media douchbags make statements like ANYONE with a large gun collection is 'planning an attack'. Most of the people who PLAN ATTACKS have perhaps one or two guns, NOT over 70)

Gentlemen may prefer Blondes, but Real Men prefer Redheads!

Quote Originally Posted by tank_monkey View Post
    NYC has the Sullivan Act, (I believe) which bans gun pretty much in the city and they have squads of officers who are just gestapo, enforcing the anti gun laws of NYC. The infamous Amadou Diallo case, where 4 or 5 plain clothes cops shot an unarmed black man in a doorway. They were yelling at him to freeze, but Diallo sadly reached for his IDENTIFICATION because he was used to doing in his home country when cops shook him down, but the NYPD detectives shot him 21 times. I had NO sympathy for those cops in this case. They were a squad for the 'gun control division' of the NYPD. Cops who just go around and LOOK for firearms laws violations, no matter how technical or minor, and throw the book at you.....

The "Sullivan Act", a law which took effect in 1911, was designed to keep pistols out of the hands of Italians, blacks and anyone else who might get in the way of "Big Tim's" Irish mobsters.

It's also the root reason that NY State has their absurd "pistol permit" process for concealed carry.
    Gentlemen may prefer Blondes, but Real Men prefer Redheads!

Quote Originally Posted by Krupski View Post
    The "Sullivan Act", a law which took effect in 1911, was designed to keep pistols out of the hands of Italians, blacks and anyone else who might get in the way of "Big Tim's" Irish mobsters.

It's also the root reason that NY State has their absurd "pistol permit" process for concealed carry.
    The NYPD has special intel squads of plain clothes officers who are enforcers of the Sullivan Act. That is something I find sleazy.

Well NY was a Tory state...

We should offer a trade with our neighbors.....

Like say..."hey buddy, how 'bout we give you New York for Alberta?"

It's a win win for both sides

America gets rid of a Tory state and we get the Montana of Canada in exchange.

And the Dims loose a large percent of their zombies...err..slaves..err followers...err..supporters
    Here's to pussy and gunpowder. One to live for, the other to die by.....Goddamn though, I do love the smell of 'em both !!!