Thread: Something for everyone!!

Site Admin & **Team Gunsnet Silver 12/2012** Richard Simmons's Avatar

Question Something for everyone!!

Don't get a lot of C&R stuff at auction but this one for next week caught my eye

http://www.jpillowauctions.com/sport...28/#toc_item_1

Lots of Enfields and Mausers. A couple I'm most interested in are the Berthier carbine, SVT-40 (can't tell if the bolt is plum colored (refurb) or not?) the Lahti, Finn M39, the S&W Terrier revolver and the two Colt 1917 revolvers.

I noticed some of the Enfields are Lithgow manufactured and there are a couple Ishapore 7.62/51 models. Couple have what looks like brand new stock sets. I used to have one of the unissued No4's with the honey blonde stocks but these aren't that color. The No3 rifles with the new stocks remind me of some I read about years ago that I think we're made up from parts or something?

Anyway, lots of nice milsurps. This old cruffler will have some wet dreams over the coming days til Saturday. Look it over and let me know what catches your eye and or should have caught mine?

P.S. I've never been interested in the Japanese milsurps but it looks like some nice Type 38 and 99's at this auction. Figuring I'd need to reload which caliber/model would be the way to go if a fella decided he wanted one example in his collection?
    Last edited by Richard Simmons; 04-22-2018 at 01:37 PM.
    Gunsnet member since 1999
    USN 1978-86
    BCCI Life Member #2068

•" We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm. " George Orwell

Team Gunsnet Platinum 06/2016 ltorlo64's Avatar

The break top revolvers caught my attention. I would love to have one of those just as an example of firearms advancement and design.
    "Nothing ever gets so bad that government "help" can't make it worse." Pat Garrett, March 22, 2014

"HATE IS GOOD, WHEN ITS DIRECTED AT EVIL." PROBASCO, April 20, 2012

I tried to push the envelope, but found that it was stationery.

Have you heard about the new corduroy pillows? They're making head lines!

NRA Endowment Member

In addition to the Finn M39 there is a photo with two M91's and a 91/30. The 91/30 looks like it has a Finn potbelly stock but I can't tell if it's a round or hex receiver? I've got one of the refurbs with a hex receiver, brand new potbelly stock and hang tag, unfired since it was refurbed. IIRC the same rifle with a round receiver is a bit more scarce and collectible.

The bottom M91 looks like it has Finn sling hangers. It has the dark colored stock like I've seen on the Westinghouse M91's. I'll for sure be checking these out. I let my last M91 go years back and really need to get one back in the armory.

Who ever this guy was he collected across the board but Endfields were clearly a favorite. I haven't had an M1917 for years and I see there is a Winchester in this lot, others are P14's. All of mine were M17's were Eddystones.
    Last edited by Richard Simmons; 04-22-2018 at 01:38 PM.
    USN 1978-86
    BCCI Life Member #2068

•" We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm. " George Orwell

theres some nice stuff there for sure, too bad I'm in money mode right now.
    PRAISE KEK
    FATHER OF CHAOS
    BRINGER OF DAY
    IN THY WEBBED HANDS WE PLACE OUR FAITH
    SHADILAY, SHADILAY!

Thumbs up

Agreed. The only Enfields I have are a Lithgow No1 Mk III from 1921 and a P.O.F. No4 from 1957. If I was gonna get another I might go for one of the Indian 2A1's in 7.62x51.

IIRC I sold my last SVT-40 for around $800 6-7 years ago. It was a refurb in excellent condition. I've seen some refurbs recently going for $1,200 +. No idea what an original would go for? I'm gonna look over the bayonets and see if one of them might be for the SVT-40. Seems like just the bayonet was worth over $100 a few years ago.

I've got a 20" Vepr in 7.62x54r but an SVT -40 at a good price would be hard to pass up.
    Last edited by Richard Simmons; 04-22-2018 at 01:56 PM.
    USN 1978-86
    BCCI Life Member #2068

Was looking at the photos and the Lahti is actually the Swedish M40. I'm pretty sure they are pretty much the same pistol but are the mags interchangeable and does one tend to sell for more than the other?

Just did a quick search on the M40. Seems like the Swedes didn't use the same quality of steel as the Finns. They also used them quite a bit with sub gun ammo which was too loaded too hot and cracked frames. Perhaps this is one I should pass on?
    Last edited by Richard Simmons; 04-23-2018 at 09:46 AM.
    USN 1978-86
    BCCI Life Member #2068

only way id buy is if i got hands on first.
    PRAISE KEK
    FATHER OF CHAOS
    BRINGER OF DAY
    IN THY WEBBED HANDS WE PLACE OUR FAITH
    SHADILAY, SHADILAY!

Quote Originally Posted by Helen Keller View Post
    only way id buy is if i got hands on first.
    Yep. Need to check for cracks. I did see where Sarco has M40 mags for $7.95.
    Numrich is like $20. Neither would break the bank.
    USN 1978-86
    BCCI Life Member #2068