Thread: The East Area Rapist Has Been Captured -- 100% DNA Match

Post The East Area Rapist Has Been Captured -- 100% DNA Match

Call him the Golden State Killer, the East Area Rapist or the Original Night Stalker. If an international investigation got the right man, he can be called "inmate."

A source confirmed to the Bee on Wednesday morning that man who raped at least 45 women and killed at least 12 people in California between 1976 and 1986 has been arrested.

Joseph James DeAngelo, 72, was booked into Sacramento County Jail early Wednesday morning on two counts of murder stemming from Ventura County Sheriff's Department warrants. Two of the East Area Rapist's killings occurred in Ventura County, though officials had not yet confirmed he was the suspect.

The East Area Rapist is believed to have committed at least 12 murders and 45 rapes between June 1976 and July 1978. This list was compiled using clips from news outlets who reported on the East Bay Rapist's attacks in the 1970s and 1980s, including The Sacramento Bee. It is limited to rape victims who chose to speak with police after their assaults.
    http://www.sacbee.com/news/local/cri...209788654.html

This rapo's going to get a warm welcome in prison.

His youngest victim was a 13-year-old girl.

I imagine he'll get the Jeffrey Dahmer treatment after they place him in protective custody...
    "That tyranny has all the vices both of democracy and oligarchy is evident. As of oligarchy so of tyranny, the end is wealth; (for by wealth only can the tyrant maintain either his guard or his luxury). Both mistrust the people, and therefore deprive them of their arms." -- Aristotle, Book V, 350 B.C.E

Wow I remember that. He had those people terrified and just went away..
    While no one ever listens to me,
    I am constantly being told to be quiet.

In a world of snowflakes,
    be the heat..

Team GunsNetwork PLATINUM 10/2012 rci2950's Avatar

hopefully he gets the broomstick up his ass.

Vid related

https://www.liveleak.com/view?t=070_1407415198
    Last edited by rci2950; 04-25-2018 at 06:29 PM.
    Gunsnet member since 2002
    Salt Water Cowboy - Dolphin 38

The guy is an ex cop too; I'm sure the inmates will love him.

Relative's DNA from genealogy websites cracked East Area Rapist case, DA's office says

Sacramento investigators tracked down East Area Rapist suspect Joseph James DeAngelo using genealogical websites that contained genetic information from a relative, the Sacramento County District Attorney's Office confirmed Thursday.

The effort was part of a painstaking process that began by using DNA from one of the crime scenes from years ago and comparing it to genetic profiles available online through various websites that cater to individuals wanting to know more about their family backgrounds by accepting DNA samples, said Chief Deputy District Attorney Steve Grippi.

The investigation was conducted over a long period of time as officials in Sacramento County District Attorney Anne Marie Schubert's office and crime lab explored online family trees that appeared to match DNA samples from the East Area Rapist's crimes, Grippi said. They then followed clues to individuals in the family trees to determine whether they were potential suspects.
    http://www.sacbee.com/latest-news/article209913514.html

Pretty soon, no one is going to be able to get away with the crime of rape ever again.

So many people are in these DNA databases now, doing their geneology family trees, police will simply be able to match their DNA profiles with close family members, and zero in for the kill.

Lights out, rapos. Your time is almost up... I have a feeling lots of cold cases are about to be cracked.

Science for the win.
    Last edited by LAGC; 04-27-2018 at 02:45 AM.
    "That tyranny has all the vices both of democracy and oligarchy is evident. As of oligarchy so of tyranny, the end is wealth; (for by wealth only can the tyrant maintain either his guard or his luxury). Both mistrust the people, and therefore deprive them of their arms." -- Aristotle, Book V, 350 B.C.E

So have you turned over your papers yet? Signed up? Read 1984? Somehow I get the feeling it does not
    matter. Ancestry . whatever gives you what? Ever heard of the 4th? But what the hell go for it..
    While no one ever listens to me,
    I am constantly being told to be quiet.

In a world of snowflakes,
    be the heat..

My DNA is already on file, as it is with every convicted felon in America since the mid-1990s.

I'm not worried about my DNA ever coming back to haunt me.

I bet quite a few rapists and murderers who have remained undetected so far and thought they got away with their crimes are sweating bullets right about now though.

Team GunsNetwork PLATINUM 10/2012 rci2950's Avatar

Mine is on file... genealogy. ..
    Gunsnet member since 2002
    Salt Water Cowboy - Dolphin 38

Not only does US mil have member dna, many if not most US hospitals have been swiping baby dna and sending it to a central gubmit db.
    "And how we burned in the camps later thinking, what would things have been like, if every security operative, when he went out at night to make an arrest, had been uncertain, whether he would return alive and had to say good-bye to his family?"