Thread: So i experienced my first discrimination as a firearms owner today

Team GunsNetwork PLATINUM 10/2012 rci2950's Avatar

So i experienced my first discrimination as a firearms owner today

I had an issue with Some winchester primers blowing out so i was in contact with winchester and they want the primers and all the rounds i loaded using those primers that i have'nt fired yet... So long story short they send me a shipping label and a declaration sheet to attach to the box at Purolator. They told me which location to go to and everything. I followed the winchester representatives instructions exactly. I went to the Dartmouth Purolator this evening at 530pm. The guy at the front desk said "oh you have all the paperwork done" because he seen the papers in my hand. Then i told him it is ammunition going back to winchester. It says right on the declaration exactly this anyway. So as soon as he heard ammunition he turned into a brick wall. You could cut the tension with a knife. He firmly told me that "We dont ship ammunition" Then i told him the winchester representative sent me here with this pre paid shipping label so you probably actually do ship ammunition. He then told me that if purolator was going to ship it that i would need a "COS account" so... Me not knowing what that is i told him that winchester probably has that kind of account. He went around in a circle with me a bit about me having the COS account and then told me there is a bunch of paperwork that has to be signed. So i told him to give it to me so i can sign it. He refused and said i have to provide it to him. So i am starting to sweat here. Feeling like a tool in front of the other customers because this guy is being so firm about this and unhelpful. He wouldn't even look at the papers i had printed from the winchester representative. Just kept telling me no and looking right at me. Trying to be as firm as he could.

I literally got SJW'd out of the store by the clerk at the counter.

So i called the 1888 number and filed a complaint. they apologized a hundred times and told me they would deal with it. Now i have to drive all the way back in again tomorrow. Waste of goddam gas. I could have bought all new primers from the gas these two trips wasted alone

It is amazing how some people will let politics get in the way of their job.
    Gunsnet member since 2002
    Salt Water Cowboy - Dolphin 38

Forum Administrator Schuetzenman's Avatar

I feel your pain.

So i messaged Purolator on normiebook to make sure all my ducks were in a row tomorrow and got this reply back. Looks like Purolator is trying to cuck winchester.

Oh ya. That was going to be another post topic of mine. I got my facebook account back yesterday. Almost exactly one year after being perma banned i get an email asking if i am having trouble logging in. So i went to facebook and logged in with my username and password that was still stored in Safari and my account was back but with nothing in it but the first couple pictures i ever posted back in 2010. Empty friends list and no personal info in it other then my name, Weird eh? I added my direct family back to the friends list and will just keep it for Normie stuff like talking to my cousins about hunting.
    Last edited by rci2950; 04-26-2018 at 07:11 PM.

You gave the guy the info to block your shipment. A mans worst enemy is his own mouth.

But let me ask you, the cameras you put up a while back how are they working? We maybe leaning that direction.
    And you have said nothing of the new child.
    While no one ever listens to me,
    I am constantly being told to be quiet.

In a world of snowflakes,
    be the heat..

The Winchester rep put on the prepaid shipping label "Dangerous goods: Ammunition". So the guy was going to find out when he looked at that anyway.

Cameras work good. Real good investment. We have the alarm through ADT as well. But the cameras add a lot. We can view them remotely as well. Little things like whose cat shit in the flower bed.... There are no mystery anymore.

New baby is doing just great. He is a real eater. Loves food. Its funny the difference in personality between him and his older brother.

Good I am glad the family is well.
    While no one ever listens to me,
    I am constantly being told to be quiet.

In a world of snowflakes,
    be the heat..