Thread: SiG MCX retractable stock to a SiG 556

SiG MCX retractable stock to a SiG 556

One of the guys on the SiG form was talking about this adapter plate on clearance sale at CDNN for $29 and was asking "how it would work" because of the 556 charge handle ...

Anyway, I've always liked retractable stocks on my HK's, under folders on AK's ect ... So I bought a plate, got on GunBroker and found a MPX/MCX stock at Wholesale Hunter. The plate got here Monday and the stock on Tuesday, put it on last night and took it to the range this afternoon. Sorry about the crappy lighting, it was really cloudy ... it must have been the tornado watch because there was no one there!

I realize it was actually a couple inches shorter with the folding stock but with the retractable stock it's only half the width when the stock is folded ... collapsed I t's just over 24" with my QD mount.

It now fits in my oldest case, originally bought for an UZI 27-28 years ago ... The folding stock made it too wide to zip up completely, but not now!
    Oh, the stock, when it's fully extended is about 1.25" shorter than the fixed folder and as I'd hoped, it's just right for me to get the proper eye relieve now that the scope has to set further forward with the MFI sight-rail installed.

That looks very nice!!!

BISHOP

Forum Administrator Schuetzenman's Avatar

Always the coolest toys! Congrats on the retractable working out.