Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: My mother has cancer

Guns Network Contributor 03/2015 jakebrake's Avatar

All I can do is offer Prayers. I really wish I knew how to do more.

read this today and thought of your thread;

Woman’s Advanced Breast Cancer Completely Cured With Her Own Immune Cells

For those women who are fighting against breast cancer, here’s a fantastic story that should raise their spirits: a 49-year-old woman whose breast cancer had metastasized through her body so far that she was planning her own death has been completely cured by treatment that used her own immune cells to destroy the cancer cells.
    https://www.dailywire.com/news/31434...y-hank-berrien
    "And how we burned in the camps later thinking, what would things have been like, if every security operative, when he went out at night to make an arrest, had been uncertain, whether he would return alive and had to say good-bye to his family?"

Very sorry to hear about this. Prayers for you and your family.

Team GunsNetwork PLATINUM 10/2012 rci2950's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 5.56NATO View Post
    read this today and thought of your thread;

Woman’s Advanced Breast Cancer Completely Cured With Her Own Immune Cells

For those women who are fighting against breast cancer, here’s a fantastic story that should raise their spirits: a 49-year-old woman whose breast cancer had metastasized through her body so far that she was planning her own death has been completely cured by treatment that used her own immune cells to destroy the cancer cells.
    https://www.dailywire.com/news/31434...y-hank-berrien
    This is interesting, I will give it a good read when i get home. Unfortunately were still waiting on the doctors to start chemo. We have been giving her CBD oil. Hopefully it helps.

Quote Originally Posted by El Duce View Post
    Very sorry to hear about this. Prayers for you and your family.
    Thank you, Times have been hard. We have had some good news today however. She was admitted to the hospital early last week due to an infection and not being able to eat. They have had her on IV and other meds since then and she is coming around. A number of doctors have been reviewing her and this afternoon we had some positive news. They say that the cancer in her liver is only small spots and the cancer in her lungs is workable. Their main concern is with the bowel cancer and the doctors think that with Chemo it will give her some more time then we originally thought. She was really bad last week and we all thought we were drawing near her end. Fortunately the infection in her bowel is clearing up and the planning being done by the doctors is starting to come to fruition. I am praying every night.
    Gunsnet member since 2002
    Salt Water Cowboy - Dolphin 38

Team Guns Network Silver 04/2015 mrkalashnikov's Avatar

There is always hope my friend, even in the darkest of times.

On Feb 13th (Friday 13th) 1998 I was informed by an asshat in a white coat I had terminal Stage 4 Non-Hodgkins Lymphoma with about 5 months to live.

After getting a 2nd opinion from a great oncologist at a top-flight cancer center outside of Chicago (Loyola Hospital) & being told by him, "We're going to beat this" I entered into a 3-month long treatment of chemo & radiation therapy. Long story short, it worked.

2 years ago I walked my daughter down the aisle for her marriage and said a prayer of thanks for that doctor who saved my life.
    Nietzsche: From life's school of war: what does not kill me makes me stronger.

Forum Administrator Schuetzenman's Avatar

Sorry to hear of your Mother's health condition. I've lost both my parents for quite a while. There's no way you will not be sad for quite a while, but in time it does lessen. I'm not reading all the posts. Are they going to try Chemo or anything at all to see if they can arrest and reverse this?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12