Thread: California GOP Worries About Getting Shut Out

Exclamation California GOP Worries About Getting Shut Out

“For anyone wondering about the state of the Republican Party in California these days, consider this: There may be no Republican candidate for governor or United States senator on the state’s ballot this November,” the New York Times reports.

“That dispiriting possibility is beginning to sink in for California Republicans, against the backdrop of a divisive debate among its candidates and leaders on how the embattled party can become competitive again in a state where Ronald Reagan was elected twice as governor and that Richard M. Nixon called home.”

“If Republicans fall short in capturing one of those two November slots next month, which members of both parties say is a strong possibility, it would apparently be the first election where there was no major party candidate for both the Senate and governor races since 1914.”
    https://politicalwire.com/2018/05/06...ting-shut-out/

Looks like the Democrat grip on Cali is all but complete. Republicans soon won't even appear on the ballot for any of the major races, by design. Only the top two contenders from the primary make the cut, and most of those contenders are Democrats.

Straight up communist-style takeover of Kalifornia complete with one-party rule in just 50 short years. Blueprint for the rest of America?
    "That tyranny has all the vices both of democracy and oligarchy is evident. As of oligarchy so of tyranny, the end is wealth; (for by wealth only can the tyrant maintain either his guard or his luxury). Both mistrust the people, and therefore deprive them of their arms." -- Aristotle, Book V, 350 B.C.E

Team Gunsnet Platinum 06/2016 ltorlo64's Avatar

Very similar to DC where Republicans are not on the local ballots. Seems to working out well for them.
    "Nothing ever gets so bad that government "help" can't make it worse." Pat Garrett, March 22, 2014

"HATE IS GOOD, WHEN ITS DIRECTED AT EVIL." PROBASCO, April 20, 2012

I tried to push the envelope, but found that it was stationery.

Have you heard about the new corduroy pillows? They're making head lines!

NRA Endowment Member

Just read yesterday how kali and ny are losing hundreds of thousands of population fed up with progress. Those who are paying the bills are leaving.
    "And how we burned in the camps later thinking, what would things have been like, if every security operative, when he went out at night to make an arrest, had been uncertain, whether he would return alive and had to say good-bye to his family?"

Quote Originally Posted by 5.56NATO View Post
    Just read yesterday how kali and ny are losing hundreds of thousands of population fed up with progress. Those who are paying the bills are leaving.
    Unfortunately, those who are paying the bill and now leaving are not learning anything. They will move to areas of more freedom and less governmental restriction only to push for the same policies that caused them to want to leave their original state. Not a very bright bunch. A lot like cancer. They keep spreading and wreaking destruction not realizing that when the host dies they die.
    "Nothing ever gets so bad that government "help" can't make it worse." Pat Garrett, March 22, 2014

NRA Endowment Member

Quote Originally Posted by ltorlo64 View Post
    Unfortunately, those who are paying the bill and now leaving are not learning anything. They will move to areas of more freedom and less governmental restriction only to push for the same policies that caused them to want to leave their original state. Not a very bright bunch. A lot like cancer. They keep spreading and wreaking destruction not realizing that when the host dies they die.
    That's kinda stupid. Why would people FLEE the idiocy of LIBERAL California only to institute the policies which they're fleeing FROM?

You're confusing Californians who move to free states FOR OTHER REASONS and then try to force their stupidity on the general population. But this mindset is NOT part of those who flee Liberalism. That makes no sense.

I would have to agree with tank_monkey.

I know about a decade ago for awhile, back when I was living in Idaho, some Idahoans were kind of peeved that so many Californians were fleeing and relocating up in Idaho.

There were bumper stickers for awhile: "Don't Californicate Idaho!"

But it turned out, most of the transplants from Cali were even MORE conservative than those who were already Idaho natives! And Idaho's politics have only been pushed to the right since...

By and large, it isn't liberals who are fleeing Cali -- it's conservatives. And it's only pushing the political balance further to the left in Cali, since only the liberals are remaining behind.
    Last edited by LAGC; 05-07-2018 at 06:08 PM.
    "That tyranny has all the vices both of democracy and oligarchy is evident. As of oligarchy so of tyranny, the end is wealth; (for by wealth only can the tyrant maintain either his guard or his luxury). Both mistrust the people, and therefore deprive them of their arms." -- Aristotle, Book V, 350 B.C.E

Team Guns Network Silver 04/2013 alismith's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by LAGC View Post
    I would have to agree with tank_monkey.

I know about a decade ago for awhile, back when I was living in Idaho, some Idahoans were kind of peeved that so many Californians were fleeing and relocating up in Idaho.

There were bumper stickers for awhile: "Don't Californicate Idaho!"

But it turned out, most of the transplants from Cali were even MORE conservative than those who were already Idaho natives! And Idaho's politics have only been pushed to the right since...

By and large, it isn't liberals who are fleeing Cali -- it's conservatives. And it's only pushing the political balance further to the left in Cali, since only the liberals are remaining behind.
    But, they'll start leaving when the gov't. starts taxing them at higher and higher rates...they'll have to make up for the shortfall since so many others have already left...
    "Valar morghulis; valar dohaeris."

Commucrats are most efficient at converting sins and crimes to accidents or misunderstandings.-Oswald Bastable

Making good people helpless won't make bad people harmless.

Freedom isn't free.

"Attitude is the paintbrush that colors our world." TV Series, Haven.

My Spirit Animal has rabies.

I'd rather be an American than a Democrat.

"If you can make a man afraid, you can control him" Netflix Series, The Irregulars

Quote Originally Posted by ltorlo64 View Post
    I feel the majority of those leaving are fleeing enemy territory for the USA, and they're definitely not liberal. Why would liberals flee their dystopia? Kinda like how so many famous people said they'd leave the US for good if Trump was elected, still waiting for that chestnut.
    "And how we burned in the camps later thinking, what would things have been like, if every security operative, when he went out at night to make an arrest, had been uncertain, whether he would return alive and had to say good-bye to his family?"

Quote Originally Posted by tank_monkey View Post
    That's kinda stupid. Why would people FLEE the idiocy of LIBERAL California only to institute the policies which they're fleeing FROM?

You're confusing Californians who move to free states FOR OTHER REASONS and then try to force their stupidity on the general population. But this mindset is NOT part of those who flee Liberalism. That makes no sense.
    I am not confusing them, I am looking at them realistically. Most Californians who leave would not be considered "conservative" by us. They may be more conservative than what is in LA or San Fran, but they are not conservative. They go to actual conservative locations and then start to push the social safety nets and "common sense gun control" agendas, not realizing that these are what caused them to want to leave their last home. They flee liberalism not realizing what liberalism really is. Now, I agree that this is not everyone, but it is enough, especially when combined with our public school indoctrination.

NRA Endowment Member

PA, where the cold is only matched by the isolation
    Quote Originally Posted by tank_monkey View Post

He is 100% right. We get it in PA ALL THE FUCKING TIME from NJ and NY assholes that move here to get away from the bullshit and then bitch because PA isn't like NJ or NY. Liberalism is a mental disorder, they are incapable of understanding that the ideas are bad, they just think they need to be implemented better.

Quote Originally Posted by raxar View Post
    Liberalism is a mental disorder, they are incapable of understanding that the ideas are bad, they just think they need to be implemented better.
    Exactly. What is was Einstein's definition of insanity? Trying the same thing over and over again expecting different results. This is a good description of creeping liberalism.

NRA Endowment Member