Thread: Tesla

Tesla

I wondered how long Musk could fleece us. His car company has never shown a profit and his solar panels are too expensive and he survives on government handouts and tax deals. It's finally collapsing on itself. But wait! There's a glimmer of hope on the Musk horizon! What could it be other than an unfunded mandate, wich is illegal by the way.

The California Energy Commission will vote Wednesday on whether to enact a sweeping new mandate that will artificially propagate the state’s solar energy sector. If passed, the proposed rule will require solar panels to be installed in all new homes, apartment buildings and condos up to three stories high, beginning on Jan. 1, 2020. Exceptions will be made for homes that are blocked by trees or taller buildings, or can’t fit a solar panel. The five-member commission is expected to pass the measure.
    https://www.zerohedge.com/news/2018-...lon-musk-again

I'll be surprised if Trump bails out Musk like 0bama did.
    "And how we burned in the camps later thinking, what would things have been like, if every security operative, when he went out at night to make an arrest, had been uncertain, whether he would return alive and had to say good-bye to his family?"

Sweet, let's make new homes even less affordable out here

You could not see it coming?
    While no one ever listens to me,
    I am constantly being told to be quiet.

In a world of snowflakes,
    be the heat..

Team Gunsnet Platinum 06/2016 ltorlo64's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by l921428x View Post
    You could not see it coming?
    I didn't install any solar panels in my house so I have no light, so no I did not see that coming!
    "Nothing ever gets so bad that government "help" can't make it worse." Pat Garrett, March 22, 2014

"HATE IS GOOD, WHEN ITS DIRECTED AT EVIL." PROBASCO, April 20, 2012

I tried to push the envelope, but found that it was stationery.

Have you heard about the new corduroy pillows? They're making head lines!

NRA Endowment Member

Team GunsNet Silver 07/2012 Hobe Sound AK's Avatar

Thumbs down

It is the Jetsons syndrome. (1964) We will never see Flying Cars in our Life TIme.
    Honored Nephew, of RM2. Robert E. Truitt, CA-35, U.S.S. Indianapolis, 30-July, 1945.

In Loving Memory of CW4. Paul E. Truitt 22-September, 1929, 23-February, 2018.

In Loving Memory of Montell W. Truitt 8 March, 1933, 3 June, 2021

Quote Originally Posted by NAPOTS View Post
    Sweet, let's make new homes even less affordable out here
    Heard the news story about that a couple of days ago. About 2 weeks ago, there was a news article about how some teachers, esp. in the Bay/Silicon Valley area are essentially homeless and living in their cars. Even with the elevated education salaries in "Kommiefornia", they still can't afford to buy houses.
    “I have little patience with people who take the Bill of Rights for granted. The Bill of Rights, contained in the first ten amendments to the Constitution, is every American’s guarantee of freedom.” - - President Harry S. Truman, “Years of Trial and Hope”

Quote Originally Posted by JTHunter View Post
    Heard the news story about that a couple of days ago. About 2 weeks ago, there was a news article about how some teachers, esp. in the Bay/Silicon Valley area are essentially homeless and living in their cars. Even with the elevated education salaries in "Kommiefornia", they still can't afford to buy houses.
    I just paid a tad over $400k for a 2000 square foot 3 bdrm 2 bath house on 1/5 acre. I'm qutie a ways from the bay area, you can probably tipple that for San Jose.

I read a story last week the the cheapest house on the market in sf was a measly 500 sq f.
    and the price was over 600k.

be the heat..

I read a story last week the the cheapest house on the market in sf was a measly 500 sq f.
    and the price was over 600k.
    i guess I don't feel so bad, and I don't have to live in the city.

PA, where the cold is only matched by the isolation
    Funny how they don't mention that the issue with solar panels is that there's no way for them to be turned off if the house catches fire.

Well they have (sf) burned before.

be the heat..

Team GunsNet Silver 12/2011 N/A's Avatar

Texas...at the intersection of I-20 and the Korean War Veterans Memorial Higheway
    Quote Originally Posted by raxar View Post
    Funny how they don't mention that the issue with solar panels is that there's no way for them to be turned off if the house catches fire.
    Actually, there is. There is a switching mechanism that does various things. Disconnects it at night, reconnects it when daylight returns so it feeds the house and into the grid. When the grid fails during the day the mechanism disconnects the panels from the grid but continues to feed the house. When the grid comes back up, it switches to where the panels again feed any extra power to the grid.
    Because the panels are feeding the house plus feeding excess power into the grid, if power goes out from the grid, they don't want the panels feeding into the grid while men are repairing the lines.

Initial installation is pretty expensive, but over the years it pays itself off, especially as rates go up. Being California, I'd wager if the State could mandate every house install solar panels, they have figured out that all the panels feeding excess into the grid would be equivalent to building a new power plant. Thus, they get the individual citizens to pay the cost of new generation, plus the cost of maintenance to the new generation equipmen, plus adding value to each home for more tax money. Quite the coup for the State .gov.
    No enemy of America would have ever been killed if they didn't show up to be killed. HDR

In the article I read they estimated an extra 20 k in the cost of a new house and they would
    pay for themselves in about 20 years.

be the heat..

Texas...at the intersection of I-20 and the Korean War Veterans Memorial Higheway
    In the article I read they estimated an extra 20 k in the cost of a new house and they would
    pay for themselves in about 20 years.
    Here in Texas, if you want to have panels and remain on the grid, the electric providers won't connect you unless you install an automatic disconnect to cut power from the panels to the grid during an emergency. Also, at night when the panels are not working, they disconnect so that they are not bleeding power from the grid, in effect causing your usage off the grid to rise. If the grid power goes off at night, when the panels are not working, then you need a standby generator that will kick on as soon as power goes out. It also has to be isolated from the grid at all times, and just feed the house, shop, barn, et cetera.
    No enemy of America would have ever been killed if they didn't show up to be killed. HDR

PA, where the cold is only matched by the isolation
    Quote Originally Posted by N/A View Post
    Actually, there is. There is a switching mechanism that does various things. Disconnects it at night, reconnects it when daylight returns so it feeds the house and into the grid. When the grid fails during the day the mechanism disconnects the panels from the grid but continues to feed the house. When the grid comes back up, it switches to where the panels again feed any extra power to the grid.
    Because the panels are feeding the house plus feeding excess power into the grid, if power goes out from the grid, they don't want the panels feeding into the grid while men are repairing the lines.

Initial installation is pretty expensive, but over the years it pays itself off, especially as rates go up. Being California, I'd wager if the State could mandate every house install solar panels, they have figured out that all the panels feeding excess into the grid would be equivalent to building a new power plant. Thus, they get the individual citizens to pay the cost of new generation, plus the cost of maintenance to the new generation equipmen, plus adding value to each home for more tax money. Quite the coup for the State .gov.
    Even if the panels are cut off from the line they will still be generating power if the sun is out.

Quote Originally Posted by raxar View Post
    Even if the panels are cut off from the line they will still be generating power if the sun is out.
    Yes,....but if they are disconnected from the grid, and the house circuits, that power is going nowhere.

Quote Originally Posted by NAPOTS View Post
    I just paid a tad over $400k for a 2000 square foot 3 bdrm 2 bath house on 1/5 acre. I'm qutie a ways from the bay area, you can probably tipple that for San Jose.
    I have a couple of elderly friends that live in SJ. Both are in older homes, one of whom has been in that home since 1966. Imagine the "appreciation" on THAT house !!
    “I have little patience with people who take the Bill of Rights for granted. The Bill of Rights, contained in the first ten amendments to the Constitution, is every American’s guarantee of freedom.” - - President Harry S. Truman, “Years of Trial and Hope”

Guns Network Lifetime Member #2

Just read an article about Teslas finances, not looking good..... Just another gov't handout from the taxpayers to keep them in business for the CEO, chronies and kickbacks to the democrap party a little bit longer......