Thread: Just Dayum not again......

Just Dayum not again......

For the third time I have received a jury summons. The last was 12 years ago
    and I challenged a lawyer and the lawyer told me I did not know what I was talking
    about. The judged pounded his ass. I was gone.
    Last edited by l921428x; 05-14-2018 at 08:08 PM.
    While no one ever listens to me,
    I am constantly being told to be quiet.

In a world of snowflakes,
    be the heat..

Team GunsNetwork PLATINUM 10/2012 rci2950's Avatar

hey it might be fun. I wouldn't mind doing that.
    Gunsnet member since 2002
    Salt Water Cowboy - Dolphin 38

Naw it is a pain...but it is only 8 miles away so that is not so bad.

be the heat..

Site Admin & **Team Gunsnet Silver 12/2012** Richard Simmons's Avatar

I've been summoned twice in my 57 years. You have the opportunity to potentially impact the life of another person in a major way for better or worse. Go at it in the manner you would expect if you were the defendant.
    Gunsnet member since 1999
    USN 1978-86
    BCCI Life Member #2068

•" We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm. " George Orwell

Quote Originally Posted by Richard Simmons View Post
    You have the opportunity to potentially impact the life of another person in a major way for better or worse. Go at it in the manner you would expect if you were the defendant.
    Well spoken.

I will be serious about it but the last few years have tainted my thoughts of
    certain groups.

be the heat..

Team GunsNetwork PLATINUM 10/2012 rci2950's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by l921428x View Post
    the last few years have tainted my thoughts of
    certain groups.
    They obviously want your wisdom in the decision making process
    Gunsnet member since 2002
    Salt Water Cowboy - Dolphin 38

Well there are a few here that think my wisdom my be dubious.....

be the heat..

The two times I was called, it was for a FIREARMS case. I really wanted to be on the jury (I was unemployed at the time so no biggie). But I made the mistake of mentioning that I was well versed in Firearms technology, case law and current laws and regulations .... and that "I could tell the other jurors whether or not the lawyers were lying to us". I've never been bounced from a jury pool faster in my entire life......

Well I just completed the "REQUIRED" online questionnaire and they asked if I had State Farm or Farmers ins. so ........

be the heat..

Team GunsNet Bronze 07/2011 T2K's Avatar

I've been on one jury. I was 22 and it was a DUI case (no wreck or injuries, just a traffic stop and arrest). I was pretty sympathetic, I admit. I can see why jury selection is such a big deal.

I received a few jury questionnaires over the years but was never called up for jury service. I believe this was because I was employed at the time by DOJ and later DHS. Now I am retired and likely to be called up. On the next jury questionnaire I receive I will feel compelled to mention that I believe in jury nullification. I am thinking that this will preclude a jury summons, but if ever called to serve on a jury in the future, I intend to practice jury nullification. Not sure what the consequences of indicating I believe in jury nullification (up front on questionnaire) or practicing jury nullification as a member of a jury would be. I am thinking there is some minimal possibility of a contempt citation. Any comments on this from someone with some experience or knowledge on this thought would be appreciated.

In over 40 years as a registered voter, I have only been summoned for JD once - and then they didn't used a bunch of us. Never did find out what the case was for OR what happened to it.
    “I have little patience with people who take the Bill of Rights for granted. The Bill of Rights, contained in the first ten amendments to the Constitution, is every American’s guarantee of freedom.” - - President Harry S. Truman, “Years of Trial and Hope”

I've been summoned a few times, I got booted off once when I was a student and mentioned that I won't get paid for my time and it would be a financial hardship, another time I sat in the court room all day while they interviewed people but I didn't get asked any questions and was dismissed at the end when they had enough jurrors, another time I just waited around all day and then got sent home when all of the cases had enough jurrors

Team Guns Network Silver 04/2013 alismith's Avatar

I've been called up 3 times (one 2 months ago). Each time I've been thrown out of the selection process because, in the past, I've worked for a local police department and told them I would take the word of a police officer over that of a civilian. The judge asked me why I would do that and I told him, as far as I know, no police officer ever lied to me.

The defense attorney didn't want me on the jury, so the judge told me I could leave.
    "Valar morghulis; valar dohaeris."

Commucrats are most efficient at converting sins and crimes to accidents or misunderstandings.-Oswald Bastable

Making good people helpless won't make bad people harmless.

Freedom isn't free.

"Attitude is the paintbrush that colors our world." TV Series, Haven.

My Spirit Animal has rabies.

I'd rather be an American than a Democrat.

"If you can make a man afraid, you can control him" Netflix Series, The Irregulars

Team GunsNet Bronze 10/2014

i've been called twice to serve and called to court 3 times. one defendant was a former co-worker, one was a civil case involving my neighbors, and lastly my cousin was a witness for the prosecution. no chance of being seated. but, i did enjoy meeting other people, a day off from work, and my $11 checks. even one of the judges was cordial. i guess, she wants to be remembered come election time.