Thread: Liberal Logic

Site Admin & **Team Gunsnet Silver 12/2012** Richard Simmons's Avatar

Thumbs down Liberal Logic

Heard on the radio the other day the city of Roanoke is looking to increase Rescource Officers in the schools. One of the city council members (black woman) said that a lot of the students in the schools were fearful/distrustful of police and she felt it best that the Resource Officers NOT be armed.

She was all about protection for the students but apparently couldn't grasp the concept that a firearm was needed to provide that protection. Which would be more traumatizing to the child. Seeing a cop with a gun or being shot and killed by a spree shooter?
    Gunsnet member since 1999
    USN 1978-86
    BCCI Life Member #2068

•" We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm. " George Orwell

Team Guns Network Silver 04/2013 alismith's Avatar

To answer that question, you have to realize that the Left doesn't care about other people, whether they are kids or not.

The ONLY thing they care about is their Agenda. Dead bodies are just a means to an end.
    "Valar morghulis; valar dohaeris."

Commucrats are most efficient at converting sins and crimes to accidents or misunderstandings.-Oswald Bastable

Making good people helpless won't make bad people harmless.

Freedom isn't free.

"Attitude is the paintbrush that colors our world." TV Series, Haven.

My Spirit Animal has rabies.

I'd rather be an American than a Democrat.

"If you can make a man afraid, you can control him" Netflix Series, The Irregulars

I suppose they could always just keep it (preferably a tactical rifle) locked up inside a quick-release safe in the SRO's office... I know precious seconds count, but a long rifle would really be ideal in any sort of active shooter situation anyway.

That way the kiddos don't have to be offended seeing an evil sidearm on the coppers, but a rifle is still available on-site if needed.
    "That tyranny has all the vices both of democracy and oligarchy is evident. As of oligarchy so of tyranny, the end is wealth; (for by wealth only can the tyrant maintain either his guard or his luxury). Both mistrust the people, and therefore deprive them of their arms." -- Aristotle, Book V, 350 B.C.E

Site Admin & **Team Gunsnet Silver 12/2012** Richard Simmons's Avatar

If the child has a fear of cops I'd bet it's more about the badge and uniform than the gun. Anyone thing that same child sees a cop car pull up and it's all good cause he can't see the gun?

I'm not sure the gal doesn't care about the children as much as she's trying to make some kind of political point aimed at her base or she's just an idiot or both?

As far as a long gun in a locker that's great unless the active shooter is between the SRO and that locker. I believe having the firearm in the physical possession and control of the SRO is the only way to go.
    Gunsnet member since 1999
    USN 1978-86
    BCCI Life Member #2068

•" We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm. " George Orwell

Team GunsNet Platinum 02/2015 davepool's Avatar

Sooo, how bout plain clothes and concealed carry or would that scare the kiddies too

Roanoke,Richmond,Norfolk and NOVA are chock full of liberal nonsense.

Quote Originally Posted by whiskeyman View Post
    Roanoke,Richmond,Norfolk and NOVA are chock full of liberal nonsense.
    The sad thing is NOVA is now extremely liberal in large part due to Asian immigrants who came here to flee communism. Well, they fled communism and now do everything possible to turn VA into a commie State. I guess this is a good example of irony. Glad I moved from VA to West VA.