Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Another School Shooting in Santa Fe, Texas

Team Guns Network Silver 04/2013 alismith's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 5.56NATO View Post
    Investigators Admit Victims in Texas Shooting Could’ve Been Killed by Police
    Authorities in Texas made a telling admission on Monday, noting that it is indeed possible that some of the victims of the Santa Fe High School shooting could've been killed or injured by police.
    https://freedomoutpost.com/investiga...led-by-police/
    The Medical Examiner could determine that pretty easily, I would think. (Unless he already has and the police are just trying to cover their butts.)
    "Valar morghulis; valar dohaeris."

Commucrats are most efficient at converting sins and crimes to accidents or misunderstandings.-Oswald Bastable

Making good people helpless won't make bad people harmless.

Freedom isn't free.

"Attitude is the paintbrush that colors our world." TV Series, Haven.

My Spirit Animal has rabies.

I'd rather be an American than a Democrat.

"If you can make a man afraid, you can control him" Netflix Series, The Irregulars

Team Gunsnet Platinum 06/2016 ltorlo64's Avatar

Investigators Admit Victims in Texas Shooting Could’ve Been Killed by Police
    Authorities in Texas made a telling admission on Monday, noting that it is indeed possible that some of the victims of the Santa Fe High School shooting could've been killed or injured by police.
    https://freedomoutpost.com/investiga...led-by-police/
    Anyone who has read anything about the change in police tactics after Columbine (wonder why no one ever claimed that Columbine didn't ever happen?) knows that this is not unexpected. It is not what is desired, but it is not unexpected. The logic is that the sooner the murderer is stopped the less people the murderer will be able to kill, so the police are told to run in and shoot while getting as close to the murderer as fast as possible. This means that the police will not be able to aim well as they are shooting as they run. I hope that they did not hit any but if they did, it is still not their fault, it is the fault of the murderer that decided to shoot children in a "gun free" zone.
    "Nothing ever gets so bad that government "help" can't make it worse." Pat Garrett, March 22, 2014

"HATE IS GOOD, WHEN ITS DIRECTED AT EVIL." PROBASCO, April 20, 2012

I tried to push the envelope, but found that it was stationery.

Have you heard about the new corduroy pillows? They're making head lines!

NRA Endowment Member

Site Admin & **Team Gunsnet Silver 12/2012** Richard Simmons's Avatar

Sure, they could have been killed by the police. Seems to me like a headline looking for a story. A 25 minute shootout! That should the one for the history books. Don't most of these last just a few minutes even if the police aren't on site and actively engaging the shooter?

This just goes to show the level some folks will stoop to. If it's a shooting they can twist into some false flag conspiracy they have to pick it apart from another angle. As Chuck mentioned in his post above, you're going to have potential casualties either way. Do nothing the killer keeps killing. Rush in and maybe the good guys kill some by accident but you hope they saved more lives than had they just stood back and waited.

The only time I can see where it wouldn't matter either way is if a shooter has a single target such as a spouse, lover, bully. They target that person and no others but you don't know if that's the case or not at the time of the call.

Looks like the shooting didn't last 25 minutes. They isolated the shooter in a classroom and it took 25 minutes before he surrendered. There were exchanges of gunfire but it was not a 25 minute long gun battle.

Sheriff doesn't believe any victims were the result of police gunfire.

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news...ssfire-n876171
    Last edited by Richard Simmons; 05-23-2018 at 06:37 PM.
    Gunsnet member since 1999
    USN 1978-86
    BCCI Life Member #2068

•" We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm. " George Orwell

Team GunsNet Bronze 07/2011 T2K's Avatar

Now that more is known about this situation, it's clear that this guy was not a "red flag" obvious threat (like the one in Florida absolutely was). There is no way to fully prevent this sort of thing but effective school security is the best solution, along with taking people that are "red flag" threats seriously.

Team Gunsnet Platinum 06/2016 ltorlo64's Avatar

Anyone else notice that this story did just sort of vanish from the MSM?
    "Nothing ever gets so bad that government "help" can't make it worse." Pat Garrett, March 22, 2014

"HATE IS GOOD, WHEN ITS DIRECTED AT EVIL." PROBASCO, April 20, 2012

I tried to push the envelope, but found that it was stationery.

Have you heard about the new corduroy pillows? They're making head lines!

NRA Endowment Member

Kid allegedly just shot a student and adult in a middle school in Indiana.
    "And how we burned in the camps later thinking, what would things have been like, if every security operative, when he went out at night to make an arrest, had been uncertain, whether he would return alive and had to say good-bye to his family?"

Kid allegedly just shot a student and adult in a middle school in Indiana.
    Three injured, one with broken ankle. Suspect in custody. No mention if the shooter is a student. No mention of weapon or weapons used. Noblesville, IN.

https://www.cnn.com/2018/05/25/us/in...red/index.html
    USN 1978-86
    BCCI Life Member #2068

•" We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm. " George Orwell

Indiana, a state that is trying to remain free.
    Update after hearing student interview and taking into account that every witness sees things differently, the perp pulled a handgun out of his pocket and just started shooting randomly.

In substantiated news, a teacher tackled the shooter and disarmed him keeping this from becoming news the nation will be hearing for weeks.

The schools is a couple of miles from me, and since I know many student there through my church I am waiting to find names of those involved. If there is any luck involved, the teacher that was shot was taken to one of the nations top level one trauma centers, and the 13 year old student taken to the best children's hospital in the nation.

Quote Originally Posted by imanaknut View Post
    Update after hearing student interview and taking into account that every witness sees things differently, the perp pulled a handgun out of his pocket and just started shooting randomly.

In substantiated news, a teacher tackled the shooter and disarmed him keeping this from becoming news the nation will be hearing for weeks.

The schools is a couple of miles from me, and since I know many student there through my church I am waiting to find names of those involved. If there is any luck involved, the teacher that was shot was taken to one of the nations top level one trauma centers, and the 13 year old student taken to the best children's hospital in the nation.
    Pretty much what read a little earlier today. In that article it said the shooter asked to go to the restroom and came back and started shooting. Said he had two handguns. Must have had them stashed. Also said the teacher who tackled him was shot three times. He's a hero in my book, the teacher not the shooter.
    USN 1978-86
    BCCI Life Member #2068

Indiana, a state that is trying to remain free.
    Yes, the teacher that took down the shooter was himself shot. He is out of surgery and has contacted friends and the media to let them know he is doing ok and can't wait to get back to school. A true hero in the strictest terms. As for the female 13 year old that was shot, no updates on the local news as of a few seconds ago.

It's sad that they have metal detectors at the Hamilton County Courthouse protecting judges, prosecutors, and lawyers, but nothing at the schools to protect children.

Edited to add that the shooter had two handguns, and was known to local police as they have been called on him in the past for walking around while carrying a weapon. It was known he liked guns. Another instance where being on the radar is meaningless as police are handcuffed as to what they can do. And in reality, if they prevent a school shooting, there is no way to know they prevented a school shooting. Damned if you do, damned if you don't.

Quote Originally Posted by imanaknut View Post
    Yes, the teacher that took down the shooter was himself shot. He is out of surgery and has contacted friends and the media to let them know he is doing ok and can't wait to get back to school. A true hero in the strictest terms. As for the female 13 year old that was shot, no updates on the local news as of a few seconds ago.

It's sad that they have metal detectors at the Hamilton County Courthouse protecting judges, prosecutors, and lawyers, but nothing at the schools to protect children.

Edited to add that the shooter had two handguns, and was known to local police as they have been called on him in the past for walking around while carrying a weapon. It was known he liked guns. Another instance where being on the radar is meaningless as police are handcuffed as to what they can do. And in reality, if they prevent a school shooting, there is no way to know they prevented a school shooting. Damned if you do, damned if you don't.
    So he's a minor, I presume what 13-14 since he's in middle school and he's been walking around armed? I'm pretty conservative but not sure a child should be open carrying, at least in public. If you live on a farm or ranch and your parents allow it that's a different story.
    USN 1978-86
    BCCI Life Member #2068

New "Active Shooter" Video Game Allows Players to Create School Shootings
    https://knx1070.radio.com/blogs/new-...hool-shootings

The game is titled "Active Shooter" and is slated for a June 6 release. It is branded as a "SWAT simulator" that lets players choose between being an active shooter terrorizing a school or the SWAT team responding to the shooting.
    The Miami Herald reports that a description of the game comes with the following disclaimer: "Please do not take any of this seriously. This is only meant to be the simulation and nothing else. If you feel like hurting someone or people around you, please seek help from local psychiatrists or dial 911 (or applicable). Thank you."
    For peace of mind, resign as general manager of the universe

Quote Originally Posted by Full Otto View Post
    New "Active Shooter" Video Game Allows Players to Create School Shootings
    I'm generally pretty reluctant to blame video games for any of the violence we see in our society.

For every deranged loner who might be inspired by games like "Grand Theft Auto" to go out there and commit real violence in real life, I think many others are able to use such media to get their "violence release" without committing such acts in real life.

So really, if such a game helps would-be shooters get their thrills in a virtual world instead of hurting people in real life, it may be a net positive.
    "That tyranny has all the vices both of democracy and oligarchy is evident. As of oligarchy so of tyranny, the end is wealth; (for by wealth only can the tyrant maintain either his guard or his luxury). Both mistrust the people, and therefore deprive them of their arms." -- Aristotle, Book V, 350 B.C.E

Not placing blame just pointing out how unaffected some are out there yet were supposed to turn in our guns
    However it is branded as a "SWAT simulator
    Simulator to me takes it past a game and it gives the option to be the shooter against SWAT
    Good training
    For peace of mind, resign as general manager of the universe

Team GunsNet Bronze 07/2011 weevil's Avatar

The Parkland shooter.

Where are we going and why are we in this handbasket???

Broward Sheriff's Office Captain Repeatedly Refused Permission For Local Paramedics To Enter Parkland School
    He wrote in the report, "The [BSO] incident commander advised me, 'She would have to check.’ After several minutes, I requested once again the need to deploy RTF elements into the scene to ... initiate treatment as soon as possible. Once again, the incident commander expressed that she 'would have to check before approving this request.’"

The Herald adds, “Even after the shooter had been arrested, the answer remained the same.”
    https://www.dailywire.com/news/31325...y-hank-berrien
    "And how we burned in the camps later thinking, what would things have been like, if every security operative, when he went out at night to make an arrest, had been uncertain, whether he would return alive and had to say good-bye to his family?"

Quote Originally Posted by Full Otto View Post
    Not placing blame just pointing out how unaffected some are out there yet were supposed to turn in our guns
    However it is branded as a "SWAT simulator
    Simulator to me takes it past a game and it gives the option to be the shooter against SWAT
    Good training
    I played some of the most violent games out there, the Grand Theft Auto series is definitely one of my top favorites; however this game definitely crosses the line IMO. The setting and subject matter is just too disturbing; and I feel that Steam should not allow it to be sold.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123