Thread: Publix suspends political donations after David Hogg organizes 'die-in' in stores

Post Publix suspends political donations after David Hogg organizes 'die-in' in stores

The supermarket chain Publix on Friday announced that it would suspend its political contributions to Adam Putnam, a Republican candidate for Florida governor, after being faced with overwhelming pressure to cut ties with him because of his fierce support for the National Rifle Association.

“We would never knowingly disappoint our customers or the communities we serve,’’ Publix said in a statement Friday. “As a result, we decided earlier this week to suspend corporate-funded political contributions as we reevaluate our giving processes.’’

The announcement came moments before “die-in” protests organized by 18-year-old gun-control activist David Hogg began at several Publix supermarkets, forcing store managers to reroute shoppers around the protesters, who lay on the floors of the aisles. At an Orlando supermarket, store managers fetched grocery items for customers who stood to watch but mostly went on shopping, according to the Orlando Sentinel.

At two Publix supermarkets in Parkland, survivors of the February shooting at Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School shouted “USA, not NRA!” as customers navigated their shopping carts around them on the floor, according to the Associated Press. Counterprotesters supporting the NRA turned up at one of the stores, where a near-confrontation almost occurred between two men before police intervened.
    https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...-nra-protests/

Wow, the bullying is reaching a fever pitch. And these weak-kneed corporate responses.

Time to add Publix to the boycott list...
    "That tyranny has all the vices both of democracy and oligarchy is evident. As of oligarchy so of tyranny, the end is wealth; (for by wealth only can the tyrant maintain either his guard or his luxury). Both mistrust the people, and therefore deprive them of their arms." -- Aristotle, Book V, 350 B.C.E

Team GunsNet Silver 12/2011 N/A's Avatar

Texas...at the intersection of I-20 and the Korean War Veterans Memorial Higheway
    America's Red Guard

No enemy of America would have ever been killed if they didn't show up to be killed. HDR

The sorosjugend anti fascist fascists have spoken.
    "And how we burned in the camps later thinking, what would things have been like, if every security operative, when he went out at night to make an arrest, had been uncertain, whether he would return alive and had to say good-bye to his family?"

Team Guns Network Silver 04/2013 alismith's Avatar

Publix should have called the police the second these Communists started lying down in the aisles.

Oh well, Phuk Publix.
    "Valar morghulis; valar dohaeris."

Commucrats are most efficient at converting sins and crimes to accidents or misunderstandings.-Oswald Bastable

Making good people helpless won't make bad people harmless.

Freedom isn't free.

"Attitude is the paintbrush that colors our world." TV Series, Haven.

My Spirit Animal has rabies.

I'd rather be an American than a Democrat.

"If you can make a man afraid, you can control him" Netflix Series, The Irregulars

Team Gunsnet Silver 02/14 - Moderator recon's Avatar

Buy It Cheap!
    Stack It Deep!

Original Member-July-1999!

I wouldn't say it backfired on him, but it did damage the Leftist Communist's flagship causes.

I hope they get the idea that David Pigg is not a good choice for poster boy for their progressive causes.
    Last edited by alismith; 05-27-2018 at 07:46 PM.

Commucrats are most efficient at converting sins and crimes to accidents or misunderstandings.-Oswald Bastable

Freedom isn't free.

"If you can make a man afraid, you can control him" Netflix Series, The Irregulars

Quote Originally Posted by recon View Post
    Good !! That little marxist needs to be taught a lesson !
    “I have little patience with people who take the Bill of Rights for granted. The Bill of Rights, contained in the first ten amendments to the Constitution, is every American’s guarantee of freedom.” - - President Harry S. Truman, “Years of Trial and Hope”

It's too bad Publix didn't have him arrested. David Pigg is the kind of animal that will turn on his masters when he feels they slighted him in some way. He needs to be put in the NICS registry as a person most likely to harm himself or others and not be allowed to purchase any firearms.

He has the face of evil determination. He ALWAYS looks haughty, smug, and angry. I don't think a smile ever paid a visit to that face; if it did, it was more of a leering smile.

His handlers need to keep a close eye on him. He's the type who looks like a future mass murderer, just waiting for the opportunity and place to "let loose."

Just looking at him gives me the creeps.

Freedom isn't free.

Someone should have stomped on their necks while they were down on the ground.
    Usually sufferers of paraphilic infantilism are proud of their condition. Kinda like being a liberal. Your mental flaws are there for the entire world to see, and you're damned proud of it. - tank_monkey

Quote Originally Posted by stevelyn View Post
    Someone should have stomped on their necks while they were down on the ground.
    Or piss on them.

Guns Network Lifetime Member #2

Quote Originally Posted by alismith View Post
    It's too bad Publix didn't have him arrested. David Pigg is the kind of animal that will turn on his masters when he feels they slighted him in some way. He needs to be put in the NICS registry as a person most likely to harm himself or others and not be allowed to purchase any firearms.

He has the face of evil determination. He ALWAYS looks haughty, smug, and angry. I don't think a smile ever paid a visit to that face; if it did, it was more of a leering smile.

His handlers need to keep a close eye on him. He's the type who looks like a future mass murderer, just waiting for the opportunity and place to "let loose."

Just looking at him gives me the creeps.
    That's the same feeling I get from looking at him.

Quote Originally Posted by LAGC View Post
    https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...-nra-protests/

Wow, the bullying is reaching a fever pitch. And these weak-kneed corporate responses.

Time to add Publix to the boycott list...
    Looks like criminal tresspass to me.

Gentlemen may prefer Blondes, but Real Men prefer Redheads!

They'll gladly go from opposing guns to using them in soros cultural revolution.
    "And how we burned in the camps later thinking, what would things have been like, if every security operative, when he went out at night to make an arrest, had been uncertain, whether he would return alive and had to say good-bye to his family?"

Team GunsNet Gold 07/2012 / Super Moderator Gunreference1's Avatar

Publix Won’t Be Coughing Up $1 Million In Protection Money To Make David Hogg Go Away

http://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/201...-hogg-go-away/

Steve
    After today, it's all historical.

Someone allegedly swatted hogg. This is beyond stupid. It's not like the isp or cell carrier doesn't have records or anything.

Too bad a few heavyweight linebackers didn't just use them as rugs when they laid on the floor. Rib cages cracking could be an interesting pastime....

Freedom isn't free.