Thread: George Soros Warns “Another Major Financial Crisis” Is Looming—and Trump Is Partly to Blame

George Soros Warns “Another Major Financial Crisis” Is Looming—and Trump Is Partly to Blame

Legendary investor George Soros is worried that the global economy could be headed to the dumps in large part pushed downward by Europe, with a significant assist from President Donald Trump. Rising populism, the break-up of the Iran deal, a rising dollar, and investor flight out of emerging markets all mixes up to one dangerous cocktail for Europe, and the global economy as a whole. “We may be heading for another major financial crisis,” he said.

The billionaire didn’t mince words at the annual meeting of the European Council on Foreign Relations in Paris on Tuesday, when he warned that the “European Union is in an existential crisis.” Why? Simple, really: “Everything that could go wrong has gone wrong.” In his speech, which was aptly titled “How to Save Europe,” Soros said there was no way around the fact that European Union “lost its way” after the 2008 global financial crisis. That led to cutbacks and austerity in which certain countries were forced to meet impossible goals. That means many young people now see the EU as the enemy and that has been a boon for populist politicians.

The continent has also failed to properly deal with the refugee crisis of 2015, which led to anger and resentment among voters and strengthened anti-European parties. Finally, there is Trump, who has managed to shock “the whole world” with his actions. His move to withdraw from the Iran deal meant he was “effectively destroying the transatlantic alliance.” That reality is “bound to have a negative effect on the European economy and cause other dislocations,” Soros warned.

As usual, Soros is putting his money where his mouth is and “is shorting stocks from Stockholm to London,” notes Bloomberg. His company currently has some $256 million in bets against European companies.
    https://slate.com/news-and-politics/...-to-blame.html

So... the European Union is fucked, so Soros is going to help it fall by shorting European stocks?

How Soros...
    "That tyranny has all the vices both of democracy and oligarchy is evident. As of oligarchy so of tyranny, the end is wealth; (for by wealth only can the tyrant maintain either his guard or his luxury). Both mistrust the people, and therefore deprive them of their arms." -- Aristotle, Book V, 350 B.C.E

Team Gunsnet Silver 02/14 - Moderator recon's Avatar

Why is this guy still alive?
    Buy It Cheap!
    Stack It Deep!

Original Member-July-1999!

Team Guns Network Silver 04/2013 alismith's Avatar

How can Soros claim we had an "alliance" with Iran?

What a Communist idiot....
    "Valar morghulis; valar dohaeris."

Commucrats are most efficient at converting sins and crimes to accidents or misunderstandings.-Oswald Bastable

Making good people helpless won't make bad people harmless.

Freedom isn't free.

"Attitude is the paintbrush that colors our world." TV Series, Haven.

My Spirit Animal has rabies.

I'd rather be an American than a Democrat.

"If you can make a man afraid, you can control him" Netflix Series, The Irregulars

Quote Originally Posted by recon View Post
    Not only do demons and satan keep him alive, so does likely the best security detail money can buy.
    "And how we burned in the camps later thinking, what would things have been like, if every security operative, when he went out at night to make an arrest, had been uncertain, whether he would return alive and had to say good-bye to his family?"

There was a news story 2 days ago about how Italy is on the brink of breaking with the EU as well. Politically, there are factions in Italy that may be able to force early elections and gain power for their groups. Then theese groups would push for the Italian version of "brexit". Question is, who is funding those groups?? Soros?
    “I have little patience with people who take the Bill of Rights for granted. The Bill of Rights, contained in the first ten amendments to the Constitution, is every American’s guarantee of freedom.” - - President Harry S. Truman, “Years of Trial and Hope”

Quote Originally Posted by JTHunter View Post
    There was a news story 2 days ago about how Italy is on the brink of breaking with the EU as well. Politically, there are factions in Italy that may be able to force early elections and gain power for their groups. Then theese groups would push for the Italian version of "brexit". Question is, who is funding those groups?? Soros?
    As far as I know, Soros doesn’t want Europe to break apart. It’s easier for him to control if they remain united. I remember he wasn’t happy about Brexit.

Commucrats are most efficient at converting sins and crimes to accidents or misunderstandings.-Oswald Bastable

Freedom isn't free.

"If you can make a man afraid, you can control him" Netflix Series, The Irregulars

Quote Originally Posted by recon View Post
    Especially since he's a Nazi war criminal...
    Here's to pussy and gunpowder. One to live for, the other to die by.....Goddamn though, I do love the smell of 'em both !!!

Quote Originally Posted by JTHunter View Post
    Lol you know how they avoided the collapse? They bought their own debt.
    https://www.zerohedge.com/news/2018-...-plunged-today

I expect the nwo to turn up the heat on Trump and make him the lee harvey oswald of the global economic collapse, but so far their efforts have been nullified by people still trying to cash in on the stock market. Part of the prob in Italy is a imf/ec guy said they were going to teach Italy not to vote for conservatives, and the Italians got pissed so they're doubling down on conservative nationalist politicians. That being said, the guy they had elected or appointed to head their coalition gov tried to nominate a eu treasury head, the opposite of what the voters voted him in to do. They're also going to do something about the zillions of mosloms invading Italy.
    Last edited by 5.56NATO; 05-31-2018 at 05:55 PM.
    "And how we burned in the camps later thinking, what would things have been like, if every security operative, when he went out at night to make an arrest, had been uncertain, whether he would return alive and had to say good-bye to his family?"

George can go suck start a shotgun and do the world a favor.

Quote Originally Posted by Partisan1983 View Post
    Especially since he's a Nazi war criminal...
    Isn't he the one who ratted out his fellow prisoners so he could gain favor with the Nazi's?

Freedom isn't free.

Indiana, a state that is trying to remain free.
    Soros has enough money that by himself could make his statement come true.

Quote Originally Posted by blacksheep View Post
    George can go suck start a shotgun and do the world a favor.
    Sadly, he has multiple adult children that participate in his work.

Quote Originally Posted by imanaknut View Post
    Soros has enough money that by himself could make his statement come true.
    Agreed, he has the cash and could get loans needed to collapse several economies if he so desired.

http://removingtheshackles.blogspot....llapse-to.html
    https://priceonomics.com/the-trade-o...e-soros-broke/

Quote Originally Posted by alismith View Post
    Isn't he the one who ratted out his fellow prisoners so he could gain favor with the Nazi's?
    So the stories have said.
    “I have little patience with people who take the Bill of Rights for granted. The Bill of Rights, contained in the first ten amendments to the Constitution, is every American’s guarantee of freedom.” - - President Harry S. Truman, “Years of Trial and Hope”

Quote Originally Posted by alismith View Post
    He sold out his fellow countrymen to the Nazis...Jews and and others (he's Jewish)...

Started his fortune from all those dead innocents...in other words he made a profit from war crimes...

He's so rich and powerful, the Mossad are not even allowed too touch him....makes me sick
    Here's to pussy and gunpowder. One to live for, the other to die by.....Goddamn though, I do love the smell of 'em both !!!

Contributor 02/2014 FunkyPertwee's Avatar

Here it is from the horse's mouth. He personally assisted in hunting down Jews and confiscating their property.

"I'm fucking furious, I'm violently angry, and I like it. If you don't know what that feels like then I feel bad for you"

Such a POS!!!

When it happens, the world banksters will blame Trump and conservative governments around the world, when the entire system is designed to be crashed on command.

“Under the Federal Reserve Act, panics are scientifically created. The present panic is the first scientific one, worked out as we figure a mathematical equation.” (Congressman Charles A. Lindbergh, The Economic Pinch, 1921.)
    http://www.ourrepubliconline.com/Author/112