Thread: Nobody posted yet........

Team GunsNet Silver 12/2011 N/A's Avatar

Texas...at the intersection of I-20 and the Korean War Veterans Memorial Higheway

Nobody posted yet........

.....about the Supreme Court decision on the gay wedding cake fiasco?
    No enemy of America would have ever been killed if they didn't show up to be killed. HDR

The baker won.

The "wise latina" voted as expected.

Team Guns Network Silver 04/2013 alismith's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by jet3534 View Post
    The "wise latina" voted as expected.
    As expected....as any Communist would vote.
    "Valar morghulis; valar dohaeris."

Commucrats are most efficient at converting sins and crimes to accidents or misunderstandings.-Oswald Bastable

Making good people helpless won't make bad people harmless.

Freedom isn't free.

"Attitude is the paintbrush that colors our world." TV Series, Haven.

My Spirit Animal has rabies.

I'd rather be an American than a Democrat.

"If you can make a man afraid, you can control him" Netflix Series, The Irregulars

This is a gun forum, I hate cake.
    PRAISE KEK
    FATHER OF CHAOS
    BRINGER OF DAY
    IN THY WEBBED HANDS WE PLACE OUR FAITH
    SHADILAY, SHADILAY!

Texas...at the intersection of I-20 and the Korean War Veterans Memorial Higheway
    Here I thought it was a gun forum that stands for the Constitution.
    No enemy of America would have ever been killed if they didn't show up to be killed. HDR

Judge Nap isn't too pleased...

Judge Andrew Napolitano said that the Supreme Court's ruling in favor of a baker who refused to craft a wedding cake for a same-sex couple could set a precedent for religious discrimination in future cases.

The Supreme Court on Monday ruled in favor of baker Jack Phillips in a 7-2 decision, after the couple filed charges against him in 2012.

Phillips had refused to bake the couple's wedding cake due to his religious beliefs against gay marriage.

"I think this is a dangerous opinion," Napolitano said of the ruling on "America's Newsroom."

"It will allow others to say, 'My religious beliefs prohibit me from dealing with women or Italians or African-Americans,' and they will base it on the logic in this case," he explained.
    http://insider.foxnews.com/2018/06/0...gerous-opinion
    "That tyranny has all the vices both of democracy and oligarchy is evident. As of oligarchy so of tyranny, the end is wealth; (for by wealth only can the tyrant maintain either his guard or his luxury). Both mistrust the people, and therefore deprive them of their arms." -- Aristotle, Book V, 350 B.C.E

I guess the real test will be if Muslim businesses try to discriminate against non-Muslim customers because the Koran says not to serve the "infidel"...

Or Mormon businesses refuse to serve non-Mormons in towns where they are in the majority. (There's been a case or two of that happening in eastern Idaho in recent years... )

I agree it's not as problematic when you have other options... I'm not that familiar with that town in Colorado, but for example, if that particular cake baker refused to make them a cake, could they not just go somewhere else within reasonable distance and "vote with their wallets" and take their business elsewhere? I mean, why would you want a bigot to make you a cake on your special day anyway? Why not find someone who appreciates your same-sex union?

It sounds like this SCOTUS ruling was pretty narrow though, and only applied to this particular case. Apparently Justice Kennedy thought the Colorado Civil Rights Commission went too far in criticizing the baker's religious beliefs as being unreasonable, but had no larger implications on these types of "business discrimination" cases as a whole.

So we'll probably be seeing a case like this wind up in the courts again in the near future...
    "That tyranny has all the vices both of democracy and oligarchy is evident. As of oligarchy so of tyranny, the end is wealth; (for by wealth only can the tyrant maintain either his guard or his luxury). Both mistrust the people, and therefore deprive them of their arms." -- Aristotle, Book V, 350 B.C.E

We might find that this only applies to self-employed people, who have no hired help.

If they hire even one worker, then I bet the equal opportunity employment act will somehow be construed to say as they hire from the public, then they must equally serve the public.

Team Guns Network Silver 04/2015 mrkalashnikov's Avatar

Living in close proximity to Chicago I am beyond tired of hearing/ reading the constant whining of militant faggots, black racists, La Raza illegal wetbacks, and local ME jihadists.

They can ALL eat shit & die.
    Nietzsche: From life's school of war: what does not kill me makes me stronger.

Team Gunsnet Platinum 06/2016 ltorlo64's Avatar

It is important to remember that the baker had not refused to serve homosexual clients, he just refused to make a cake for a gay wedding. The MSM tries to conflate this to he was discriminating against homosexuals in general, but his refusal was narrow, so the courts opinion is also narrow. It was the state that tried to widen the aperture and they got slapped for it.
    "Nothing ever gets so bad that government "help" can't make it worse." Pat Garrett, March 22, 2014

"HATE IS GOOD, WHEN ITS DIRECTED AT EVIL." PROBASCO, April 20, 2012

I tried to push the envelope, but found that it was stationery.

Have you heard about the new corduroy pillows? They're making head lines!

NRA Endowment Member

Guns Network Lifetime Member #2

Quote Originally Posted by ltorlo64 View Post
    It is important to remember that the baker had not refused to serve homosexual clients, he just refused to make a cake for a gay wedding. The MSM tries to conflate this to he was discriminating against homosexuals in general, but his refusal was narrow, so the courts opinion is also narrow. It was the state that tried to widen the aperture and they got slapped for it.
    This in fact he was more than willing to sell them a cake, just wasn't going to make one with two guys standing on it.

Quote Originally Posted by LAGC View Post
    He would be wrong apparently, 7-2 decision, very narrow ruling as far as refusing service goes. ltorlo64 pointed out the facts here. Media tries to spin the ruling just as you are.
    Last edited by 1 Patriot-of-many; 06-05-2018 at 08:47 AM.

Further more in an ideal Libertarian world, we'd all have the right to refuse to do business with whom ever we didn't want to. The free market system would take care of it.

The discrimination is on the part of the gays who want to be able to force people to participate in their deathstyle.
    "And how we burned in the camps later thinking, what would things have been like, if every security operative, when he went out at night to make an arrest, had been uncertain, whether he would return alive and had to say good-bye to his family?"