The attorney for the victim who was wounded when an off-duty FBI officer allegedly shot him after dropping his gun on the dance floor of a Denver bar during a back flip gone awry said his client remains “pretty seriously hurt” but hopes the agent doesn’t lose his job.

“I feel sorry for the agent,” said Denver attorney Frank Azar. “That’s got to be a terrible thing to have to happen. People make mistakes. I hope he doesn’t lose his job, and my client hopes he doesn’t lose his job.”

Azar admitted he didn’t think the FBI agent should have been dancing with a loaded gun.

When The Denver Post asked the National Press Office for the Federal Bureau of Investigation to provide information about the Bureau’s gun-carrying policies and to provide the name of the agent in question, the office refused comment.

Azar’s client, who he didn’t name for privacy reasons, was hit by the agent’s bullet, striking the anterior tibial artery in the victim’s leg.

“He’s still bleeding,” Azar said, noting his client was out of the hospital. “He’s on crutches. He’s in a lot of pain, and he’s still in shock.”
https://www.denverpost.com/2018/06/0...victim-update/