Thread: High-Point 1095 Second Trip Gun Range.

High-Point 1095 Second Trip Gun Range.

This post is a Hi-point 1095 range report that I am posting for anyone who may be interested in getting one of these. Although most of my interest is posting political comments I do try to post something about guns from time to time.

I fired about 150 rounds today out of my hi-point 1095 including 180 grain ball ammo and some of the new Underwood extreme defense fluted ammo. Reliability was 100%. I really noticed today how much harder a 10mm carbine seems to hit than a 9mm or 5.56. At 50 yards a large chunk of wood that would show little reaction to a 5.56 impact would be knocked several inches by a 10mm. People who saw me shooting the 1095 instantly noticed it was a 10mm. The 115 grain Underwood ammo (which per a Youtube video has a velocity in a carbine of 1900 FPS shot to the same point of aim more or less as 180 grain ball). I made the error of shooting one round without ear protection and my ears did not ring - so the high-point carbine is not nearly as loud as an AR-15. I have mounted a TRS-25 red dot sight on my gun and accuracy at 50 yards was about the same as an AR-15 with a red dot. The 1095 trigger is better than an AR-15 milspec trigger. The only issue I have with the 1095 is when the bolt locks back and you change mags you have to pull the bolt back and then ride it forward to chamber a round. This is kind of hard to explain, but a pain in the arse.

Team Guns Network Silver 04/2013 alismith's Avatar

Cool. Thanks for the range report. I've fired my .45 Hi-Point carbine, but haven't sighted it in on paper yet.

My grandson, his girlfriend, and I put about 75 rounds through it and it was 100% reliable and had hardly any recoil, even though it is a lightweight carbine.

I love my Hi-Point carbines.

I doubt I'll spring for a 10 mm., though, as I don't have anything else that shoots 10's. I'll stick with my 9 mm and .45 auto.
    "Valar morghulis; valar dohaeris."

Commucrats are most efficient at converting sins and crimes to accidents or misunderstandings.-Oswald Bastable

Making good people helpless won't make bad people harmless.

Freedom isn't free.

"Attitude is the paintbrush that colors our world." TV Series, Haven.

My Spirit Animal has rabies.

I'd rather be an American than a Democrat.

"If you can make a man afraid, you can control him" Netflix Series, The Irregulars

Forum Administrator Schuetzenman's Avatar

Nice range report. Photos would of been nice.

Quote Originally Posted by Schuetzenman View Post
    Nice range report. Photos would of been nice.
    Point taken. I am kind of a luddite with respect to my smart phone (still using an iPhone 4) but in the future I will figure out how to upload photos.

i thought about getting one but went with a PC-9 instead.
    PRAISE KEK
    FATHER OF CHAOS
    BRINGER OF DAY
    IN THY WEBBED HANDS WE PLACE OUR FAITH
    SHADILAY, SHADILAY!

Quote Originally Posted by Helen Keller View Post
    i thought about getting one but went with a PC-9 instead.
    How do you like the PC-9?

Other than the strangely designed SR556 (which was designed to haver a captive operating rod) I don't think you can go wrong with a Ruger. I have had 2 interactions with Ruger customer support, both of which involved small parts that were lost of damaged due to my error. In both cases Ruger sent me replacement parts at no charge.

How do you like the PC-9?

seems decent, put my can on it but haven't shot it yet. maybe tuesday .

Been picking up 17rd magpul mags for it. No point going the ruger mag route when i already own glock stuff.

I'll just use the P-9 magblock and mag for trade once I know this runs 100% .
    PRAISE KEK
    FATHER OF CHAOS
    BRINGER OF DAY
    IN THY WEBBED HANDS WE PLACE OUR FAITH
    SHADILAY, SHADILAY!