Thread: DHS to Give Anti-Government Stories “Sentiment” Ratings

DHS to Give Anti-Government Stories “Sentiment” Ratings

The gestapo is rating websites
    "A DHS spokesperson told Mediaite in a discussion that awareness of whether a report is positive or negative would help decision makers to monitor how the public feels about certain policies and if needed, clear up misconceptions.

DHS Press Secretary, Tyler Houlton, claims critics of their new spying on the media policy are “tinfoil hat-wearing, black-helicopter conspiracy theorists
    .”".
    https://www.activistpost.com/2018/06...t-ratings.html

yes, claiming critics of their new spying on the media policy are tinfoil hat-wearing, black-helicopter conspiracy theorists is very reassuring
    "And how we burned in the camps later thinking, what would things have been like, if every security operative, when he went out at night to make an arrest, had been uncertain, whether he would return alive and had to say good-bye to his family?"

As someone who worked for the Government for 35 years (the last 15 as a Senior Manager) my reaction to this is as follows.

Someone at DHS wants to award a sole source contract to a company that will give them something (now or later) in return. This rating system has been dreamed up as something that will justify a sole source contract. In other words this is not a Gestapo issue, it is a corruption issue. The rating system will likely be determined to align with a particularly company in a way that a sole source procurement results.

With respect to corruption, as I have posted many times on the Internet (probably said it here) I understand that people think Ronald Reagan was a great American. However, the fact is that by outsourcing the Government Reagan greatly increased both the cost and size of the Federal Government and introduced (IMHO) massive corruption into the Government, i.e., the Government contracting process is corrupt. I one time I thought that maybe about 80% of all Government contracts involved fraud -- but later in may career my thoughts were that close to 100% of large contracts involved fraud to some degree.

I have linked below to a paper I believe does a good good in describing the flawed approach of the Reagan administration with respect to outsourcing the Government. The bottom line with respect to Reagan was a great increase in the cost of Government and a massive increase in fraud. The key sentence in the following paper is as follows:

Unless one is willing to assume that the private sector, acting
    within the same institutional framework as the governmen
    t, is an inherently more efficient producer than the government, the A-76
    program is difficult to endorse as an efficiency measure.

The fact is that a Government contractor is not only less efficient that the Government worker Reagan replaced -- they cost 3 times as much.

http://digitalcommons.law.yale.edu/c...6&context=ylpr

I am not sure I am making my point but I will restate what I am trying to say. I don't believe this proposed system is intended to help any decision makers do anything. It's purpose is simply a justification for giving a preselected company some taxpayer money.
    Last edited by jet3534; 06-07-2018 at 04:10 PM.

I'm sure.
    "And how we burned in the camps later thinking, what would things have been like, if every security operative, when he went out at night to make an arrest, had been uncertain, whether he would return alive and had to say good-bye to his family?"

Team GunsNet Platinum 02/2015 davepool's Avatar

That's been my experience also in dealing with government contracts. Not always, but very often, when an RFP (request for pricing) was sent out from various state,county and city entities for roofing services, there was a 90% chance the "decision makers" had already made a choice and the bidding process was just a formality. It's not just the govt. either, private business works that way as well, a lot of muti-million dollar deals are made at the bar room and not the board room. I hate playing golf but i played a lot of it schmoozing contractors to get the inside edge.

As corrupt and unfair as it seems, it's the way shit works.

Think of it this way; you need some expensive work done on your house, are you going to rifle through the yellow pages looking for a contractor and listening to a dozen puffed-up sales pitches or find a trusted friend or relative who has experience with a builder. It's human nature to put your faith in someone you have a personal relationship with.

Quote Originally Posted by 5.56NATO View Post
    The gestapo is rating websites
    "A DHS spokesperson told Mediaite in a discussion that awareness of whether a report is positive or negative would help decision makers to monitor how the public feels about certain policies and if needed, clear up misconceptions.

DHS Press Secretary, Tyler Houlton, claims critics of their new spying on the media policy are “tinfoil hat-wearing, black-helicopter conspiracy theorists
    .”".
    https://www.activistpost.com/2018/06...t-ratings.html

yes, claiming critics of their new spying on the media policy are tinfoil hat-wearing, black-helicopter conspiracy theorists is very reassuring
    Translation: They're scared.
    Gentlemen may prefer Blondes, but Real Men prefer Redheads!

This just makes things worse in regards to a gestapo that fears what the people have to say about their secret operations;

Conspiracy Theory Proven Fact as Cops Remove Senator from Walmart Converted into Detention Center
    U.S. Senator Jeff Merkley (D-OR) attempted to enter the converted Walmart in Brownsville, TX to inspect the living conditions of immigrant children who had reportedly been separated from their parents and were rumored to be kept in cages and concrete floors of the converted Walmart. Merkley streamed live on social media his attempt to enter the facility but was denied entry by Homeland Security.
    https://www.activistpost.com/2018/06...on-center.html

Going further on fema camps;

I have expressed, multiple times that I was opposed to President Trump’s style of detainment for youth who had been arrested at the border. I stated that it was a bad PR move. Further we know that over 80% of the minors arrested at the border are not accompanied by an adult. Therefore, Trump’s no tolerance policy of detaining children apart from their parents, was totally unnecessary. Along these lines, I can, without question, tell you that DHS is almost entirely under the control of the Deep State.

Subsequently, there are some DHS related facts that figure prominently on why immigrant children were detained in a Walmart, since, as I have pointed out, it was a meaningless gesture.
    http://www.thecommonsenseshow.com/tr...ration-crisis/

There was no proof of a foily hatted spiracy betwixt wally world and dept of homeland subjugation..... until the wally world fema detainment enter was exposed to the world by its security force denying entry to U.S. Senator Jeff Merkley (D-OR) who wished to inspect said facility. This shit is real.
    Last edited by 5.56NATO; 06-22-2018 at 05:13 PM.