Thread: "Silent Running" by Mike and the Mechanics.

"Silent Running" by Mike and the Mechanics.

I have always liked this song. I found out today that this song has been banned on the BBC.
    What the hell? Great song but a shitty video.
    I guess the only songs allowed are about LGBT, Pro communists/Islam.

PA, where the cold is only matched by the isolation
    The comment section of that video on youtube is pretty cringe inducing. Idiots reading all kinds of bizarre shit into the lyrics. Just goes to show you how people will invent a story to fill in the gaps when they don't have all the information

Quote Originally Posted by Paradox View Post
    I have always liked this song. I found out today that this song has been banned on the BBC.
    What the hell? Great song but a shitty video.
    I guess the only songs allowed are about LGBT, Pro communists/Islam.

Uh, It's been banned by the BBC since 1991, during the Gulf War, “…due to its address of war, nationalism and religion, as well as a direct reference to weaponry in the line, ‘There’s a gun and ammunition just inside the doorway.'”

You're only about 27 years behind the times lol

Quote Originally Posted by tank_monkey View Post
    Uh, It's been banned by the BBC since 1991, during the Gulf War, “…due to its address of war, nationalism and religion, as well as a direct reference to weaponry in the line, ‘There’s a gun and ammunition just inside the doorway.'”

You're only about 27 years behind the times lol
    The bbc also banned a U2 song that referenced nuclear war or some stupid thing.
    "And how we burned in the camps later thinking, what would things have been like, if every security operative, when he went out at night to make an arrest, had been uncertain, whether he would return alive and had to say good-bye to his family?"