Thread: What's the weather where you guys are at? :D

What's the weather where you guys are at? :D

I'm in Northern California. It's 100 degrees in the Bay area, but if I drive 20 minutes west towards the coast, it's 61 degrees F. If I get too hot, I'll just take a road trip to the water (the Fog is the reason why).

How are you guys faring?

Upper 60's lower 70's for the last few days
    Been stuck in a cycle of rain. I was doing great till yesterday when we got around 2 1/2 inches in an hour and a half
    It was fine till then now flooded but drying out
    For peace of mind, resign as general manager of the universe

Quote Originally Posted by tank_monkey View Post
    I'm in Northern California. It's 100 degrees in the Bay area, but if I drive 20 minutes west towards the coast, it's 61 degrees F. If I get too hot, I'll just take a road trip to the water (the Fog is the reason why).

How are you guys faring?
    100+ degrees in the Sacramento area.

Team Guns Network Silver 04/2013 alismith's Avatar

Upper 80's mostly, in Eastern MD, but the constant rain is helping the mosquitoes take over everything. Can't go outside without taking the bug zapper tennis racket with you just to keep you from breathing in the little bastards. I've lost so much blood I'm starting to get anemic.

Cold fronts keep coming down, then pass by, then come back up. Each time bringing rain. In the past month, I think we've only had 3 consecutive days without rain. Other than that, it rains almost every other day. Most farmers around here have lost considerable amounts of crops to standing water in the fields. Instead of corn and soybeans, they would have been better off planting rice.
    "Valar morghulis; valar dohaeris."

Commucrats are most efficient at converting sins and crimes to accidents or misunderstandings.-Oswald Bastable

Making good people helpless won't make bad people harmless.

Freedom isn't free.

"Attitude is the paintbrush that colors our world." TV Series, Haven.

My Spirit Animal has rabies.

I'd rather be an American than a Democrat.

"If you can make a man afraid, you can control him" Netflix Series, The Irregulars

70-80 all day and 50 at night, I dont think it can go more than 48 hours without dropping 1-2 inches of rain anymore.
    PRAISE KEK
    FATHER OF CHAOS
    BRINGER OF DAY
    IN THY WEBBED HANDS WE PLACE OUR FAITH
    SHADILAY, SHADILAY!

Up until Wednesday, the St. Louis area had endured 12 straight days of 90+ highs and lows only in the mid-70s (or higher). The heat indicies had been as high as 105+ during that time.
    We have now had a slight break (4 days) but forecasts are for a high on either Thursday or Friday of 99-100 with a HI of 105-110.

Ain't life grand??
    “I have little patience with people who take the Bill of Rights for granted. The Bill of Rights, contained in the first ten amendments to the Constitution, is every American’s guarantee of freedom.” - - President Harry S. Truman, “Years of Trial and Hope”

Site Admin & **Team Gunsnet Silver 12/2012** Richard Simmons's Avatar

Had a couple days in the high 90's last week but mostly mid to high 80's during the day with high humidity. Not much rain to speak of.
    Gunsnet member since 1999
    USN 1978-86
    BCCI Life Member #2068

•" We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm. " George Orwell

Guns Network Contributor 01/2015 Altarboy's Avatar

80s and 90s most days. Very humid always.

Team GunsNet Platinum 02/2015 davepool's Avatar

It's summer, it's Phoenix, IT'S HOT; not going to get any cooler until late September; haven't had a good rain since February when i retired from roofing

nice and 80* today... down to almost 40 tonight followed by 4 days of thunderstorms . YAY!
    PRAISE KEK
    FATHER OF CHAOS
    BRINGER OF DAY
    SHADILAY, SHADILAY!

Where I live in the West VA Panhandle we have had almost constant rain for two months. I live along the Potomac river and my road has flooded 3-4 times whereas in a typical Spring it floods once, maybe twice. The few sunny days have been colder than normal. If feels like in the low 70s today going down to to 55 tonight.
    Last edited by jet3534; 06-25-2018 at 04:19 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Helen Keller View Post
    nice and 80* today... down to almost 40 tonight followed by 4 days of thunderstorms . YAY!
    Send some our way !! We got 0.4" last night which is the first decent rain in over a month !
    “I have little patience with people who take the Bill of Rights for granted. The Bill of Rights, contained in the first ten amendments to the Constitution, is every American’s guarantee of freedom.” - - President Harry S. Truman, “Years of Trial and Hope”

Some of you guys get RAIN! Here in Cali we haven't seen a drop in months! It's dry as a bone! Good thing our snowpack is still decent in the Sierra mountains (which feeds our water reservoirs).

For several weeks it was mid to low 90s with miserable humidity and we'd not even hit June yet, so we've been dealing with summer since before it started. The last few days have been livable temperature-wise but the rain every other day keeps the humidity at the level where no matter how cool it is it still sucks. Ready for winter already.
    "And how we burned in the camps later thinking, what would things have been like, if every security operative, when he went out at night to make an arrest, had been uncertain, whether he would return alive and had to say good-bye to his family?"

Team GunsNet Silver 03/2014 sevlex's Avatar

Just hit 100deg 30min ago.
    Telling the truth is treason in an empire of lies.

WWG1WGA

Nothing good ever comes from a pinched sphincter

about 1 inch so far today.
    PRAISE KEK
    FATHER OF CHAOS
    BRINGER OF DAY
    SHADILAY, SHADILAY!

Team Gunsnet Silver 02/14 - Moderator recon's Avatar

For the next 6 days we will pushing 90+ degrees everyday plus the heat index close too 100! Yikes!
    Buy It Cheap!
    Stack It Deep!

Original Member-July-1999!

Team Guns Network Silver 04/2013 alismith's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by recon View Post
    For the next 6 days we will pushing 90+ degrees everyday plus the heat index close too 100! Yikes!
    Same here but with H-I's around 105.
    "Valar morghulis; valar dohaeris."

Commucrats are most efficient at converting sins and crimes to accidents or misunderstandings.-Oswald Bastable

Making good people helpless won't make bad people harmless.

Freedom isn't free.

"Attitude is the paintbrush that colors our world." TV Series, Haven.

My Spirit Animal has rabies.

I'd rather be an American than a Democrat.

"If you can make a man afraid, you can control him" Netflix Series, The Irregulars

Site Admin & **Team Gunsnet Silver 12/2012** Richard Simmons's Avatar

Low to mid 90's for the next week +. Night time lows are around 70.
    Gunsnet member since 1999
    USN 1978-86
    BCCI Life Member #2068

•" We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm. " George Orwell