Thread: Alexander Nevsky, The great Pre-War 1938 Russian Movie.

Team GunsNet Silver 07/2012 Hobe Sound AK's Avatar

Thumbs up Alexander Nevsky, The great Pre-War 1938 Russian Movie.

I recently saw it again, got it off Netflix and this was the original DVD with the correct Soundtrack. It is 1245AD in the 13th Century, long before Marco Polo went to China in 1271AD. The Germans were trying to Invade Russia. The Great Prince Nevsky, had just defeated the Sweeds the Year before. While old Grainy and with the sounds of Time an old Film would have, this is one fine Movie to see. I first saw it in 1986 on PBS. The Soundtrack is awesome, and sort of a stalking sound to it. Black and White with English Subtitles. I well recommend it. This guy who played Nevsky was one of Russia's greatest Pre-War Actors, I don't recall who he is, but he died in a Car Accident in 1966. Great Movie for the Time. The Russian People knew Hitler would pull something sooner or later. Some Words are old English and hard to figure what they were saying. This is the main Scene of the Movie the Great Charge of the Germans, the German Leader is wearing the Helmet with 2 Horns on it. Funny to see a Russian Actor with long Blond Hair. We see Nevsky on the Counter of 116. Paul
    Honored Nephew, of RM2. Robert E. Truitt, CA-35, U.S.S. Indianapolis, 30-July, 1945.

In Loving Memory of CW4. Paul E. Truitt 22-September, 1929, 23-February, 2018.

In Loving Memory of Montell W. Truitt 8 March, 1933, 3 June, 2021

Team GunsNet Silver 07/2012 Hobe Sound AK's Avatar

Just click on the youtube line and you can see the Video.
    Honored Nephew, of RM2. Robert E. Truitt, CA-35, U.S.S. Indianapolis, 30-July, 1945.

In Loving Memory of CW4. Paul E. Truitt 22-September, 1929, 23-February, 2018.

In Loving Memory of Montell W. Truitt 8 March, 1933, 3 June, 2021