Thread: The Left is LOSING it!

The Left is LOSING it!

However disturbing the left’s antics are these days it is, for now (for me anyway), largely balanced by the news of Justice Kennedy’s retirement.
    It didn’t take anytime at all- the left has gone absolutely apoplectic.
    There may be some hope for the country yet.
    Can you imagine what will happen if Ruth Bader-Ginsberg is forced to step down while the republicans still control things? Oh my!
    https://m.sfgate.com/politics/articl...p-13031093.php
    CHOOT UM!

Team GunsNetwork PLATINUM 10/2012 rci2950's Avatar

Gunsnet member since 2002
    Salt Water Cowboy - Dolphin 38

Site Admin & **Team Gunsnet Silver 12/2012** Richard Simmons's Avatar

No guarantees but hope POTUS can replace him with someone who'll vote conservative more than Kennedy did. He was the swing vote quite often but not often enough.

If he could get a good pick for Kennedy then get a chance at, at least one more it would be a real win. Don't see Ginsberg lasting through a 2nd Trump term but if we don't keep a majority in the senate it won't really matter. Could a Dem controlled Senate hold up a Trump nominee for 5-6 years?
    Last edited by Richard Simmons; 06-27-2018 at 05:16 PM.
    Gunsnet member since 1999
    USN 1978-86
    BCCI Life Member #2068

•" We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm. " George Orwell

Hopefully Trump can nominate someone in the mold of Gorsuch in there, more libertarian and less authoritarian conservative like so many of the others on his potentials list last time.

I suspect Judge Nap played a pretty big role in convincing Trump to go with Gorsuch last time, but Napalitano has come out pretty critical of Trump lately, so I doubt he'll have much influence this time around.

Gorsuch, of course, has been rock-solid on gun rights, and he penned a very powerful dissent in that recent Fourth Amendment (police data mining cell phone location data without a warrant) case, where he felt it didn't go far enough in curbing government power.

So it will be very interesting to see who eventually ends up being nominated this time around...

(As for why Kennedy is retiring now, I think there is some concern that even though it is unlikely, the Senate could possibly flip and the Democrats could just barely take it over in November... so that's why the calculated move to go ahead and give Trump a replacement now while the Republicans still barely hold the Senate, just in case...)
    "That tyranny has all the vices both of democracy and oligarchy is evident. As of oligarchy so of tyranny, the end is wealth; (for by wealth only can the tyrant maintain either his guard or his luxury). Both mistrust the people, and therefore deprive them of their arms." -- Aristotle, Book V, 350 B.C.E

Guns Network Lifetime Member #2

Quote Originally Posted by LAGC View Post
    Hopefully Trump can nominate someone in the mold of Gorsuch in there, more libertarian and less authoritarian conservative like so many of the others on his potentials list last time.

I suspect Judge Nap played a pretty big role in convincing Trump to go with Gorsuch last time, but Napalitano has come out pretty critical of Trump lately, so I doubt he'll have much influence this time around.

Gorsuch, of course, has been rock-solid on gun rights, and he penned a very powerful dissent in that recent Fourth Amendment (police data mining cell phone location data without a warrant) case, where he felt it didn't go far enough in curbing government power.

So it will be very interesting to see who eventually ends up being nominated this time around...

(As for why Kennedy is retiring now, I think there is some concern that even though it is unlikely, the Senate could possibly flip and the Democrats could just barely take it over in November... so that's why the calculated move to go ahead and give Trump a replacement now while the Republicans still barely hold the Senate, just in case...)
    I could live with another Gorscuch, MY pick would be Ben Shapiro. The guy is highly intelligent, quick thinking and I've never heard him say anything remotely wrong.

Love to see Pirro or Lou Dobbs, I'd even take a dem if he or she abides by the Constitution. A dem that abides by the Constitution is far better than any rino.
    "And how we burned in the camps later thinking, what would things have been like, if every security operative, when he went out at night to make an arrest, had been uncertain, whether he would return alive and had to say good-bye to his family?"

Quote Originally Posted by 5.56NATO View Post
    Love to see Pirro or Lou Dobbs, I'd even take a dem if he or she abides by the Constitution. A dem that abides by the Constitution is far better than any rino.
    Exactly. The problem right now is the left wanting activist appointees that will legislate from the bench. They don’t value the Constitution so the appointment of constructionist Justices looks extreme to them.
    Now they’re kicking around the idea of packing the bench/raising the number of SCOTUS Justices??
    Yeah, what could possibly go wrong with that??
    CHOOT UM!

Team Guns Network Silver 04/2013 alismith's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by LAGC View Post
    Is this a pipe dream of yours? You keep thinking (sounds a little like hoping) the Dims are going to come out with majorities in Congress this November.

I think you're gonna be proven wrong all the way around on who will hold both houses after the elections.
    "Valar morghulis; valar dohaeris."

Commucrats are most efficient at converting sins and crimes to accidents or misunderstandings.-Oswald Bastable

Making good people helpless won't make bad people harmless.

Freedom isn't free.

"Attitude is the paintbrush that colors our world." TV Series, Haven.

My Spirit Animal has rabies.

I'd rather be an American than a Democrat.

"If you can make a man afraid, you can control him" Netflix Series, The Irregulars

Site Admin & **Team Gunsnet Silver 12/2012** Richard Simmons's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by alismith View Post
    Is this a pipe dream of yours? You keep thinking (sounds a little like hoping) the Dims are going to come out with majorities in Congress this November.

I think you're gonna be proven wrong all the way around on who will hold both houses after the elections.
    Not a pipe dream. I've seen a fair number of conservative pundits comment on the senate being far from a safe bet this fall. Some have said we could loose the house but I think Republicans would have to stay home in November for that to happen. The senate on the other hand could go to the Dems.

A lot of this crap the Dems are squawking about is really to gin up their base. They could care less about kids getting separated from their parents. Same with them talking about Roe v Wade getting overturned. Sure, it could happen but they're trying to get their base fired up. We need to be doing the same thing. I'm talking about getting out the vote not howling at the moon over made up issues.

I can see Republicans getting complacent this fall, especially if President Trump gets a new, conservative SCOTUS appointment before the elections. We need to increase the seats in the senate to 60+ and continue to replace old school members of both houses with true conservatives that aren't part of the good ole boy system. The swamp ain't drained by a long shot.
    Gunsnet member since 1999
    USN 1978-86
    BCCI Life Member #2068

•" We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm. " George Orwell

Quote Originally Posted by alismith View Post

If you think they're not going to use every tactic, including vote/voting machine manipulation to get their way, I think you're misguided. They will do anything to win. Look at what they did to Roy Moore, there was apparent vote discrepancies that were completely ignored in that race. Apparently he actually won.
    "And how we burned in the camps later thinking, what would things have been like, if every security operative, when he went out at night to make an arrest, had been uncertain, whether he would return alive and had to say good-bye to his family?"

Quote Originally Posted by 5.56NATO View Post
    Sorry, meant Pirro and Napolitano rather than my hero Lou Dobbs. Old age, heh.