Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Newspaper building shot up - so far 5 dead and many injured

Newspaper building shot up - so far 5 dead and many injured

Don't know this newspaper. Don't know if they're biased. But unless this paper ruined this man's life for some reason, heck even then, it's not appropriate to shoot up a place and kill a bunch of bystander or people not necessarily responsible for anything you're angry about. I hear initial reports he had a shotgun. So let's sit and stand by for the mantra to ban 'assault weapons' again......

Indiana, a state that is trying to remain free.

Yeah, local "news" media is reporting "long gun" which means the shooter most likely didn't use an AR-15. If it proves to be a shot gun, I wonder what our nation of Fudds will say?

Team Guns Network Silver 04/2013 alismith's Avatar

TV news said police think they've found an explosive device in the shooter's backpack.

Next release of info will be at 8:00 this evening.

Heard on the TV that the suspect is now refusing to cooperate with anyone.
    "Valar morghulis; valar dohaeris."

Commucrats are most efficient at converting sins and crimes to accidents or misunderstandings.-Oswald Bastable

Making good people helpless won't make bad people harmless.

Freedom isn't free.

"Attitude is the paintbrush that colors our world." TV Series, Haven.

My Spirit Animal has rabies.

I'd rather be an American than a Democrat.

"If you can make a man afraid, you can control him" Netflix Series, The Irregulars

Team GunsNet Bronze 07/2011 T2K's Avatar

I saw that the guy "damaged his fingertips to avoid identification". Now, since this is the USA in 2018, everyone waits to find out his political orientation. Of just what pages he "liked" on Facebook. Same thing these days, it seems.

https://www.cnn.com/us/live-news/mar...ing/index.html

The witness describes a BIG SHOTGUN.

White male though So it will be in the news cycle for a long time

Requisite active shooter drill few days before;
    http://www.capitalgazette.com/news/f...622-story.html

Anyway, the shooter is described as white male, 20s, pony tail, wearing black t shirt and green military style pants. Did the thing to his fingertips like in the movie se7en. Sounds like an antifascist fascist to me but who knows?
    "And how we burned in the camps later thinking, what would things have been like, if every security operative, when he went out at night to make an arrest, had been uncertain, whether he would return alive and had to say good-bye to his family?"

https://www.yahoo.com/gma/active-sho...opstories.html

Looks like he was looking for specific people to shoot. Hmmmm. Specific beef with some folks. He passed by other people, so who knows? Perhaps it is not a random attack (like a generic attack on 'all newspapers' kind of crazy), but a twisted attack for specific people.

Quote Originally Posted by tank_monkey View Post
    White male though So it will be in the news cycle for a long time
    Looks latino to me. His name is a latino name.

https://www.yahoo.com/gma/active-sho...opstories.html

Looks like he was looking for specific people to shoot. Hmmmm. Specific beef with some folks. He passed by other people, so who knows? Perhaps it is not a random attack (like a generic attack on 'all newspapers' kind of crazy), but a twisted attack for specific people.
    Late night talking heads just said the same thing, that it appears he targeted specific people. So much for random and with a shotgun as the weapon of choice, a new "assault weapon" will be born.

Team GunsNet Platinum 02/2015 davepool's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by jet3534 View Post
    Looks latino to me. His name is a latino name.
    Ahh, another "white" hispanic

Jarrod W. Ramos, the man identified as the suspect in the shooting that killed five people at the Annapolis, Maryland, Capital Gazette, appears to have had a longstanding grudge against the newspaper over a 2011 column that reported his guilty plea to criminal harassment, according to court records.

Multiple senior law enforcement officials told NBC News that Ramos, 38, of Laurel in neighboring Prince George's County, was identified through the use of facial recognition software and that authorities were executing a search warrant at his home Thursday night.
    https://www.nbcnews.com/news/crime-c...mation-n887626

Sounds like it was a personal beef, not politically motivated...
    "That tyranny has all the vices both of democracy and oligarchy is evident. As of oligarchy so of tyranny, the end is wealth; (for by wealth only can the tyrant maintain either his guard or his luxury). Both mistrust the people, and therefore deprive them of their arms." -- Aristotle, Book V, 350 B.C.E

"That tyranny has all the vices both of democracy and oligarchy is evident. As of oligarchy so of tyranny, the end is wealth; (for by wealth only can the tyrant maintain either his guard or his luxury). Both mistrust the people, and therefore deprive them of their arms." -- Aristotle, Book V, 350 B.C.E

Jarrod Ramos: 5 Fast Facts You Need to Know

https://heavy.com/news/2018/06/jarrod-ramos/

Sounds like he might be a little bit schizoaffective too...
    Last edited by LAGC; 06-29-2018 at 12:00 AM.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...-building.html

So this guy sued the paper for defamation because they wrote articles about him being an online stalker of a woman. hmmmmm.

Just a note, the one cyberstalker I have myself, is a disgruntled ex employee whom I fired ten years ago for sexually harassing my female employees. The difference is that he knows BETTER than to come gunning for ME.

Team GunsNetwork PLATINUM 10/2012 rci2950's Avatar

Media was very quick to say he is white, as always. He is HALF. I just wanted to clarify this.

Gunsnet member since 2002
    Salt Water Cowboy - Dolphin 38

Site Admin & **Team Gunsnet Silver 12/2012** Richard Simmons's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by rci2950 View Post
    Media was very quick to say he is white, as always. He is HALF. I just wanted to clarify this.

It happens. When we had the two channel 7 folks killed by a coworker at Smith Mountain Lake a few years ago there were plenty of folks on this forum saying the shooter (black male) was Arabic.
    Gunsnet member since 1999
    USN 1978-86
    BCCI Life Member #2068

•" We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm. " George Orwell

Don't know this newspaper. Don't know if they're biased. But unless this paper ruined this man's life for some reason, heck even then, it's not appropriate to shoot up a place and kill a bunch of bystander or people not necessarily responsible for anything you're angry about. I hear initial reports he had a shotgun. So let's sit and stand by for the mantra to ban 'assault weapons' again......

Those high capacity newspapers need to be banned NOW - for the children!
    Gentlemen may prefer Blondes, but Real Men prefer Redheads!

Team GunsNet Bronze 10/2014

another example of soft targets, active shooter drills are bullshit. any venue with a large area needs secutity. there is no active shooter until the shooter takes action. whoever "is first in line" suffers that action.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast