Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: When it comes to the next SCOTUS pick, I'm a ONE ISSUE VOTER.....

When it comes to the next SCOTUS pick, I'm a ONE ISSUE VOTER.....

Though I'd like a strict constitutionalist, a lot of my conservative friends are railing about how they want a Justice that will overturn Roe V Wade. Personally I want just ONE THING to be priority. I want a PRO SECOND AMENDMENT justice. If he/she is not pro RKBA than fuck all the other stuff.

A bunch of the libertarian or conservative you tuber kids were all saying something akin to that. They see the ASSAULT on gun rights (and immigration abuse a close second) as the most IMMEDIATE threats to our nation.

Team GunsNet Platinum 02/2015 davepool's Avatar

EXACTLY my thoughts, the fall of the second will have a domino effect on the rest of them.

"There is no such thing as gun control, there is only centralizing gun ownership in the hands of a small political elite and their minions" and we all know where that leads.

Can you imagine what it would be like if the insane leftists who are screaming in the streets were the only ones who had guns....actually you don't need much of an imagination, history is chock full of horror stories.

Amen.

Imagine where we'd be right now with scotus picks to make and all these stupid shootings if killary had won.
    "And how we burned in the camps later thinking, what would things have been like, if every security operative, when he went out at night to make an arrest, had been uncertain, whether he would return alive and had to say good-bye to his family?"

Team GunsNet Platinum 02/2015 davepool's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 5.56NATO View Post
    Imagine where we'd be right now with scotus picks to make and all these stupid shootings if killary had won.
    We would be dealing with an "Australia style" gun confiscation she was so enamored with.

Quote Originally Posted by davepool View Post
    We would be dealing with an "Australia style" gun confiscation she was so enamored with.

Big difference though. Americans are not "subjects of the crown" nor "subjects" of anything else. Attempted confiscation would be the tipping point. Shove penny-ante gun restrictions down our throats... well maybe we'll put up with it... for now.

Outright confiscation? Don't make us laugh. COME TRY AND TAKE THEM! (bring your own body bags).
    Gentlemen may prefer Blondes, but Real Men prefer Redheads!

AWR Hawkins: Trump’s Pick for SCOTUS Could End Gun Control Debate
    AWR talks with Breitbart Legal Editor Ken Klukowski on this week’s Bullets with AWR Hawkins. The two discuss Klukowski’s recent article pinpointing President Trump’s process of filling the Supreme Court of the United States (SCOTUS) vacancy.
    https://www.breitbart.com/podcast/20...ontrol-debate/
    "And how we burned in the camps later thinking, what would things have been like, if every security operative, when he went out at night to make an arrest, had been uncertain, whether he would return alive and had to say good-bye to his family?"

Ann Coulter Slams ‘Open Borders Zealots’ on Trump’s SCOTUS Shortlist, Backs Kavanaugh

Kethlege's ruling for the illegal immigrant was too much even for the Clinton judge on the panel, who dissented. https://t.co/uyE1JOWZDR

— Ann Coulter (@AnnCoulter) July 4, 2018

Kethledge also reversed a deportation order of a CRIMINAL ALIEN who had lied about a drug conviction and been convicted of grand theft auto, which Kethledge argued was not an aggravated felony. Van Don Nguyen v. Holder, 571 F.3d 524 https://t.co/dldlRROKSR

The tweets followed one in which she chastised those on the right pushing for Kethledge, a judge on the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Sixth Circuit, as repeating the mistakes of the past that led to Republican administrations nominating judges, such as Justice David Souter, who became massive disappointments to conservatives:

Who is pushing Kethledge for the S. Ct? Answer: Same people who swore by Souter.

Coulter, a University of Michigan Law School grad, threw her weight behind Judge Brett Kavanaugh of the D.C. Circuit, comparing his record on immigration, the issue on which Coulter most closely focuses, to the other reported candidates. She also pointed to Kavanaugh’s strength on the Second Amendment:

Kavanaugh's record on 2d amt is EXCELLENT, just like his record on everything else. https://t.co/FsYIOjcfxZ

https://www.breitbart.com/big-govern...cks-kavanaugh/

Team GunsNet Bronze 07/2011 weevil's Avatar

Now is the perfect time to put another pro-2A pick on the SCOTUS and settle the issue for decades to come.

Now is not the time to try and overturn RVW by trying to shove a hardcore anti-abortion candidate through. The Repubs only have a one vote majority and it's gonna be real shakey to try and keep all the RINOs on board for any pick let alone a really controversial anti-abortion pick. I fear it will be a major crash and burn that will leave us with some wishy-washy middle-of-the-road compromise pick offered up as an alternative and being the one actually confirmed.

A pro-2A pick on the other could sail through and might even pick-up a few red state Dem votes, especially those up for re-election.

Let's just hope they don't screw it up by beating the dead-horse of abortion.
    Where are we going and why are we in this handbasket???

Quote Originally Posted by weevil View Post
    Let's just hope they don't screw it up by beating the dead-horse of abortion.
    I agree. Any hardline anti abortion judge will freak out the left. They'll be ENERGIZED and turn out the vote in droves. The LEFT has managed to terrify tons of WOMEN with their fear tactics. It works. They'll mobilize and flip the SENATE and then it's over. A crazed Democrat led Senate will make Trumps life impossible even if he wins a 2nd term.

Trump WILL GET ANOTHER JUSTICE seat after this one. There is no way Ginsburg can last through a 2nd Trump term.

So Get a 'moderate' on most issues, but pick one who is PRO GUN. A pro gun justice won't create any sort of momentum for the left. The antigun platform has a lot of broad support on the ultra left, but it's very shallow. The left can't get people out to the polls in droves JUST on an ANTI GUN platform. But Abortion is a trigger for much insanity, and they'll fearmonger tons of 'moderate' or centrist women into backing THEIR play. Sad but true.

Amen to that brother.

Abortion is just the kind of issue the Dems can use to rally the troops and get the kind of turnout they need in November. Forcing through a pro-lifer to try and overturn RVW could backfire big time and give the Dems the boost they need to hand Trump and the Repubs a stunning setback in the midterms and possibly even 2020.

SCOTUS Frontrunner Raymond Kethledge’s Record Reveals Immigration Weakness
    Kethledge joined an opinion in Nguyen v. Holder blocking the deportation of a criminal with a green card who, after lying about an earlier drug conviction on his citizenship application, committed grand theft auto. Kethledge signed on to the opinion, by Jimmy Carter-appointee and notoriously left-leaning Judge Gilbert Merritt, holding that his conviction was not an “aggravated felony” mandating deportation. Another George W. Bush-appointed judge on the panel, while he agreed that grand theft auto was not a “crime of violence” and therefore not an “aggravated felony” for deportation purposes, rebuked the opinion Kethledge joined for going too far and not focusing on the federal definition of such a crime, which includes those includes those that involve a “‘substantial risk’ that physical force may be used against property.”
    https://www.breitbart.com/big-govern...ation-rulings/

Did Orrin Hatch Reveal The Next Supreme Court Nominee?
    “As the senior member of the Judiciary Committee, I will fight to keep jurisprudence as the sole focus of our confirmation hearings. And I will devote all my energies to ensuring that we confirm the kind of Supreme Court justice America needs: a justice who says what the law is, not what she wants it to be; a justice who calls balls and strikes instead of swinging for the fences; a justice whose foremost allegiance is to the American people and to the Constitution.”
    http://dailycaller.com/2018/07/07/or...court-nominee/

Indiana, a state that is trying to remain free.
    I would like to see Amy Barrett named. She would make liberal heads explode. Devout Catholic but believe that the rule of law (constitution) would come before her religious beliefs. She also has 7 kids if I am not mistaken.

Any use of religion against her would really show the intolerance of the left.

I might have an added liking for her because she is a fellow Hoosier, but being a Hoosier usually means very conservative values.

Quote Originally Posted by imanaknut View Post

Anybody who hasn't seen that already is blind or doesn't wanna see it.

Racism against whites and religious bigotry aimed at Christians is not only acceptable but encouraged.

Team Guns Network Silver 04/2013 alismith's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by weevil View Post
    Anybody who hasn't seen that already is blind or doesn't wanna see it.

Racism against whites and religious bigotry aimed at Christians is not only acceptable but encouraged.
    Yup, so long as it isn't islam....islam is off limits.
    "Valar morghulis; valar dohaeris."

Commucrats are most efficient at converting sins and crimes to accidents or misunderstandings.-Oswald Bastable

Making good people helpless won't make bad people harmless.

Freedom isn't free.

"Attitude is the paintbrush that colors our world." TV Series, Haven.

My Spirit Animal has rabies.

I'd rather be an American than a Democrat.

"If you can make a man afraid, you can control him" Netflix Series, The Irregulars

Mitch McConnell Pushing Ray Kethledge for Supreme Court to Appeal to Establishment Republicans, Not Conservatives
    Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell is pushing for Judge Ray Kethledge to be President Donald Trump’s nominee for the Supreme Court vacancy opened by the retirement of Justice Anthony Kennedy, Breitbart News has learned.
    https://www.breitbart.com/big-govern...conservatives/
    ofc

Law Professor Calls Possible SCOTUS Nominee ‘Extremist’ For Believing Americans Have A Right To Own And Carry Firearms
    A law professor described Judge Thomas Hardiman, a candidate for the impending Supreme Court nomination, as a “Second Amendment extremist” for his originalist view of the Constitution, specifically regarding the Second Amendment.
    http://dailycaller.com/2018/07/07/la...mist-firearms/

Media Push Raymond Kethledge’s Inevitability
    Judge Raymond Kethledge is being increasingly portrayed as the “consensus” or “compromise” candidate for the Supreme Court in media descriptions of President Donald Trump’s decision making process, suggesting his inevitability despite concerns over such a pick among Trump’s base.
    https://www.breitbart.com/big-govern...inevitability/

Quote Originally Posted by imanaknut View Post
    I would like to see Amy Barrett named. She would make liberal heads explode. Devout Catholic but believe that the rule of law (constitution) would come before her religious beliefs. She also has 7 kids if I am not mistaken.

I might have an added liking for her because she is a fellow Hoosier, but being a Hoosier usually means very conservative values.
    I like her too, but anyone know if she'll support GUN RIGHTS?

Koch-Founded Cato Supports Kethledge to Replace Kennedy
    Ilya Shapiro, a senior fellow in constitutional studies at the libertarian Cato Institute, expressed support for the Trump administration’s possible nomination of Raymond Kethledge to the Supreme Court following Justice Anthony Kennedy’s coming retirement.
    https://www.breitbart.com/big-govern...place-kennedy/
    i presume this "fellow of constitutional studies" is in the same vein as 0bama was a "constitutional scholar"

Latest news is that POTUS has made his decision, will be announced at 9PM EST tonight.
    "That tyranny has all the vices both of democracy and oligarchy is evident. As of oligarchy so of tyranny, the end is wealth; (for by wealth only can the tyrant maintain either his guard or his luxury). Both mistrust the people, and therefore deprive them of their arms." -- Aristotle, Book V, 350 B.C.E

The New York Slimes is reporting that the finalists are Kavanaugh and Hardiman. Amy Coney Barrett and Judge Raymond Kethledge are out of the running.

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/07/09/u...omination.html
    "That tyranny has all the vices both of democracy and oligarchy is evident. As of oligarchy so of tyranny, the end is wealth; (for by wealth only can the tyrant maintain either his guard or his luxury). Both mistrust the people, and therefore deprive them of their arms." -- Aristotle, Book V, 350 B.C.E

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast