Thread: Score!

Site Admin & **Team Gunsnet Silver 12/2012** Richard Simmons's Avatar

Thumbs up Score!

Been looking for a Star PD for the better part of a decade. Could have gotten one through one of the auction sites but wanted to see it in person so held out for one local. Last Saturday I was out making my usual stops at the various gun stores in town when I looked at the clock in my pickup and it read 11:11.

My daughter told me the other day that you should make a wish when you see 11:11. Remembering what she said I made a wish that I'd like to finally find a Star PD. Of course I never found anything. Today I was making my rounds and after almost talking myself out of it I hit a store about 15 miles away that I only visit a few times a year.

I walked in and the owner asks, "Can I help you?" Swear to God I was just starting to say, "No just browsing" when I looked straight down at the case in front of me and there sat this Star PD.

I told him, "Why yes you can!" Took the pic above as soon as I got back in my truck. He was firm at $450 but I don't think that's a bad price. Hell, even the background check came back in less than 5 minutes.

Just got home. Hardly any wear at all. Gonna take it apart and give it a good cleaning. If the buffer looks decent I'll take it to the range tomorrow. If not I'll order one off eBay. Anyone got a source for a couple of extra mags that aren't Triple K?

May order a spring kit from Wolf while I'm at it. The last one of these I saw was about 10 years ago at a gun show. As I recall that one was priced about the same but with box and extra mag. Thought it was too much at the time and walked away. Changed my mind but when I went back the next day it was gone. Been looking for another one ever since.
    Gunsnet member since 1999
    USN 1978-86
    BCCI Life Member #2068

•" We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm. " George Orwell

Team Guns Network Silver 04/2013 alismith's Avatar

Karma can be good.

Congrats on a fine looking pistol.
    "Valar morghulis; valar dohaeris."

Commucrats are most efficient at converting sins and crimes to accidents or misunderstandings.-Oswald Bastable

Making good people helpless won't make bad people harmless.

Freedom isn't free.

"Attitude is the paintbrush that colors our world." TV Series, Haven.

My Spirit Animal has rabies.

I'd rather be an American than a Democrat.

"If you can make a man afraid, you can control him" Netflix Series, The Irregulars

Thank you. Buffer looks good. Owner said he bought this as part of a collection and the guy was a shooter so it looks like he replaced the buffer as its not brittle, distorted or visibly damaged. Didn't realize it at the time but the mag with the pistol looks to be a Triple K brand. From what I've read about some of their other they tend more towards Eagle or ProMag in function and quality rather than MecGar, or other quality replacement manufacturers.

Just shopping around it looks like even used factory mags are running $50-$60 with Triple K in the $30-$40 range. Guess I'll keep doing some research. I'd like to carry this little guy so might just bite the bullet and get two of the best condition factory mags I can find and replace the springs and see how they run. If the Triple K mags are even remotely worth a shit I'll grab one or two for range/practice.

The PD was never intended to be shot a lot. It's. Cleaning up quite nicely. Will post a few more pics after I get finished.

From what I can tell from the proof code this is a 1985 production model. I think they stopped in 1987.
    Last edited by Richard Simmons; 07-21-2018 at 04:02 PM.
    USN 1978-86
    BCCI Life Member #2068

•" We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm. " George Orwell

Team GunsNetwork PLATINUM 10/2012 rci2950's Avatar

Love it! Never fired one but i have held them. Hope you get lots of use out of it.
    Gunsnet member since 2002
    Salt Water Cowboy - Dolphin 38

Cleaned and ready for the range.

If and when I decide to CC her she'll need some backup.

USN 1978-86
    BCCI Life Member #2068

Team Gunsnet Platinum 06/2016 ltorlo64's Avatar

Congratulations! Looks like a nice gun. Is it a .45?
    "Nothing ever gets so bad that government "help" can't make it worse." Pat Garrett, March 22, 2014

"HATE IS GOOD, WHEN ITS DIRECTED AT EVIL." PROBASCO, April 20, 2012

I tried to push the envelope, but found that it was stationery.

Have you heard about the new corduroy pillows? They're making head lines!

NRA Endowment Member

Quote Originally Posted by ltorlo64 View Post
    Congratulations! Looks like a nice gun. Is it a .45?
    Yes, .45 ACP.
    USN 1978-86
    BCCI Life Member #2068

Team GunsNetwork PLATINUM 10/2012 rci2950's Avatar

its a beauty
    Gunsnet member since 2002
    Salt Water Cowboy - Dolphin 38

While doing some research on the PD I ran across a post on a forum that said magazines for the S&W Model 457 pistol work great in the PD and give one more round capacity over factory mags. Specific searches on the subject have drawn a blank. If true this could provide me with mags that are cheaper and easier to find than factory and better quality than after market.
    USN 1978-86
    BCCI Life Member #2068