Thread: Stand Your Ground is the white man’s Murder Pass

Stand Your Ground is the white man’s Murder Pass

Read some of the comments to this article. It is interesting how they think.

https://www.theroot.com/the-stand-yo...d-b-1827782534

Team Gunsnet Platinum 06/2016 ltorlo64's Avatar

Like how the article links George Zimmerman, who did not use the stand your ground law anywhere in his defense as it was straight up self-defense, to the Stand Your Ground Laws. That none of the commenters caller her out on it shows just how damaging fake new is.
    "Nothing ever gets so bad that government "help" can't make it worse." Pat Garrett, March 22, 2014

"HATE IS GOOD, WHEN ITS DIRECTED AT EVIL." PROBASCO, April 20, 2012

I tried to push the envelope, but found that it was stationery.

Have you heard about the new corduroy pillows? They're making head lines!

NRA Endowment Member

Team Guns Network Silver 04/2013 alismith's Avatar

It's a pure, trash racist article. The slant is so obvious it's almost laughable, except for the fact that all the low info, low-lifes are eating it up. The hatred in the article is rabid and the comments are calling for blacks to snipe on Whites.

Uh, didn't that already happen near DC a number of years back?

There's so much wrong with that article it's hard to find a place to start.

And, the author is almost as narcissistic as obama is.

But, everyone knows that leftists are so full of tolerance and goodwill that it's beyond questioning.

Anyway,blacks can say what they want without being called out on it. It's part of BPP (Black People's Privilege).
    "Valar morghulis; valar dohaeris."

Commucrats are most efficient at converting sins and crimes to accidents or misunderstandings.-Oswald Bastable

Making good people helpless won't make bad people harmless.

Freedom isn't free.

"Attitude is the paintbrush that colors our world." TV Series, Haven.

My Spirit Animal has rabies.

I'd rather be an American than a Democrat.

"If you can make a man afraid, you can control him" Netflix Series, The Irregulars

Team GunsNet Bronze 10/2014

nothing in law says only white people can defend themselves.

Team GunsNet Silver 12/2011 N/A's Avatar

Texas...at the intersection of I-20 and the Korean War Veterans Memorial Higheway
    I don't know...if the shooter was yelling at the woman, then he wás verbally assaulting her, which verbal assault slot of times leads to physical assault. If I was in the store and someone was yelling at a family member out in the car, I'd by out there most riki til on their ass.
    I see the shooter at fault for starting the incident and yelling/verbally assaulting the woman.

I have handicap plates on my pickups. I'm mobile, to a well enough degree to walk across a lot to enter a store. If the handicap space is open, I may use, but I don't get upset if it's not. In fact, I prefer to park as close as I can, in a regular spot, so that I can remember where I parked. I sure wouldn't start an incident by yelling and berating someone someone just sitting in a vehicle in a handicap spot.

The shooter is at fault for starting the incident in the way he did. The victim came to the aid of his wife.
    Knowing human nature, especially in the present decisive times, I'd wager it went like this.
    White guy sees " lazy black woman sitting in a handicap spot...alone". He feels empower to ream her ass for doing so, in a confrontational manner.
    Black guy hears some dude yelling outside the store. Looks out to see some "honkey, white dude" yelling at his wife. Goes out to protect his wife and confront the "enraged honkey".
    White dude no longer feels like top dog lording it over "lazy black woman", as now enraged "black thug" is all in his face.
    Clash of culturally "superior egos" collide, "Black thug" shoves "white honkey" away from his car and out of his face. "White honkey" falls, and now's feels humiliated at being manhandled by "black thug". Pulls his weapon to reestablish dominance over "black thug"...shit rolls down hill at full speed.

White honkey is not a LEO and has no authority to enforce traffic laws. Inserted his ass into a situation and mishandled it like a white honkey. Black thug sees a white honkey and immediately goes black pride on the white honkey. White honkey gets his ass handed to him, but can't stop there, so pulls out the equalizer.
    Verbal assault escalates to physical assault which escalates to murder.

All because some guy couldn't keep his ego, and manners, in check and just politely say something to the lady and go on about his business...and the lady couldn't just acknowledge the parking faux pas, and let it go at that.

MMoral--Don't be stupid...like the white honkey was.

ETA...went to you tube and watched some videos. Store owner said white guy has history of hanging around store to start trouble over the parking spot. Sounds like self-appointed vigilante. Woman gets out of car as black guy walks up, and then shoves man away. White guy fell down. Black guy did not appear to advance on white. White guy pulls gun and black guy steps back and turns slightly away from white guy. Video cut off before seeing shot fired.
    Last edited by N/A; 07-22-2018 at 03:55 PM.
    No enemy of America would have ever been killed if they didn't show up to be killed. HDR

Team GunsNetwork PLATINUM 10/2012 rci2950's Avatar

the blog of a stronk black woman who has 135 twitter followers.

I have had troll twitter accounts with more followers that got shoah'd

we should make a habit of archiving these links so we don't contribute to their paychecks
    Last edited by rci2950; 07-22-2018 at 04:41 PM.
    Gunsnet member since 2002
    Salt Water Cowboy - Dolphin 38

The odd thing is, in Florida the MAJORITY of Stand Your Ground shooters are BLACK, not white.

This is a huge topic on several gun forums with a wide variety of takes on the situation.
    Everyone see's something different when watching the videos that are available, including showing the shooting and after.
    My bottom line is, if you initiate violence where no violence has been done, you're wrong and liable to get shot.
    The sheriff has ruled this a justified shooting.

Here's a couple of posts I made about it.......

Rule Number One........ If you initiate violence you just punched your own ticket.

You can yell, scream, and curse all you want... no harm, no foul.
    But when you knock or push someone to the ground they're pretty helpless and under most state laws you can defend yourself.

There's no sound so we don't know what's being said.
    The shootee walks out of the store and immediately pushes/knocks the older man down. The older man doesn't appear to see the attacker until too late.
    Did the shootee say anything?
    As in after the man was down, "I'm gonna kill you"?
    The older man appears to be disabled in some way because he's very slow getting up. Disparity of force and abilities comes into play here.
    Again we don't know all the details.

What we do know is that the sheriff ruled this a Florida Stand Your Ground shooting and no charges will likely be filed.

From the push down to the shot is only a couple of seconds, so there wasn't a lot of time for the older guy to evaluate the actual danger to himself.
    If you're on the ground, you're an easy target for followup violence, and more or less helpless, especially if handicapped, old, or otherwise weak and the other guy is younger, stronger, faster, and has a history of violence.
    That history is considered later by the police.

So, was the shootee backing up, or was he setting up for a kick, either to the head or to the gun to disarm the man on the ground.
    What was he saying to the man down? Considering his past thug history I'd bet it was threats of some sort. When you threaten someone, especially when he's in an position where he can't physically retreat or fight, don't be surprised if he takes you at your word that he's going to harm you.
    At that range the attacker could be on the older man in less then a second, so appearing to back up, then stop isn't retreating.

There's a huge thread on this over on the AR-15 forum.
    Lots of discussion both ways.
    One fact is, the shootee has a good record of violence and crime.

Probable best course of action was for the older guy to just call the police to report someone illegally parking in a handicapped spot.
    He chose not to so morally some of this is on him.
    BUT, when you initiate violence over words, you're legally wrong and liable to get shot when you put someone on the ground, helpless.

All this was taken into effect by the authorities and it's been ruled a legal or "good" shoot under Florida's SYG laws.
    Personally I'd say it was just an "okay" shoot because it didn't have to happen.
    However, when you're a thug, act like a thug and physically attack an older possibly weak person over words, AND your girlfriend exits the car and also closes in don't be shocked if you eat a bullet.

-----------------------------------------------------------
    There will be no law suits.....Stand Your Ground state.
    If you're in the right, you can't be sued.

However the "Baby Mama" gave a news statement where she talked about "Wrongful death" which means she already had a ambulance chasing lawyer telling her he could get her a nice payday.
    But, SYG state, no suing after a legit shooting so no payday.

On another site someone posted who was a cop and "bad" inner city school principle for something like 40 years and he said that he'd seen many ghetto fights.
    He said that common pre-fight moves are a shuffling, near-dance or boxer movement of the feet and pulling the pants up.
    Often they take steps away to get clearance for kicks.
    All of which the shootee did.
    He said that as a cop when he saw those movements he was reaching for his stick, jack, or gun. As a principle he'd have to prepare for a physical fight in self defense.
    Another common feature according to the ex-cop/principle is your friends or baby mama joining in for a group beat down.
    In the video baby mama bails out of the car and starts to charge the older guy.

So from the movements of both it's pretty clear that the shootee came out of the store, bum rushed the older guy and pushed-knocked him down.
    Then he and his woman prepared to teach whitey a lesson, which was very unexpectedly interrupted by a bullet.

The older guys smart move would have been to just write it off to thugs parking in a handicapped spot and gone on about his business.
    Second choice would be to step around the corner and call the police and watch as they issue a several hundred dollar parking ticket.
    Confronting the woman was a stupid, grouchy older guy thing.
    Had he not done that no one would have died.

However, as the old saying has it "Sticks and stones may break my bones, but words will never harm me".
    So, angry talk doesn't excuse a physical attack.
    Get physical were no violence has been offered first, and if you wind up pushing up daisies that's on you.

I personally think that had the older guy not been armed and fired in self defense there would have been a typical ghetto viscous beating of the guy, possibly to death, and we'd of course never hear of it except on the local news. Where there would be a surprisingly incomplete description of the doers.

There is possibly some irony in this shooting. If I knew a Glock was used I would have titled the thread McGlockton meets Glock.

My favorite comments on the posted link are the ones referencing the Dred Scott decision and the comment stating that the NAACP should issue a travel advisory for FL. Not sure how Dred Scott applies to a parking lot altercation, but I guess being able to reference Dred Scott is a takeaway from a high school education. BTW, last night on HBO I heard a boxing commentator who is a former World boxing champion making a comment (and analogy) regarding being a champion and it was an odd comment -- to wit "when you are a high school graduate you walk around with your head up high" - which indicated to me in some communities graduating from high school is a major achievement.

In viewing the altercation several times it does appear the baby mama jumped out to join in when the boyfriend showed up.

I am going to go way out on a limb and make a bold prediction. That is we will never hear one word about McGlocton's occupation.
    Last edited by jet3534; 07-22-2018 at 06:18 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by jet3534 View Post
    Read some of the comments to this article. It is interesting how they think.

https://www.theroot.com/the-stand-yo...d-b-1827782534

I watched that video several times. My own personal "law" is that I don't care about federal, state or local laws. My guideline is "shoot as the LAST resort - if and only if my life or someone's life is in immediate danger".

I will not kill for a TV set or a wad of money.

I will not kill just because I legally can (I'm not a cop).

But, come at me or my family with a weapon - boom you're dead.

With that said, my opinion is that this was a BAD SHOOT. I don't care if the shooter or the victim is/was white or black... the shooter was not in fear for his life.

He was pissed off and "punished" the other guy by shooting him, resulting in his death.

Maybe in Florida that was legal, but anywhere in the universe it was immoral and the shooter will have to answer to God for what he did.
    Gentlemen may prefer Blondes, but Real Men prefer Redheads!

These hall monitors who feel like they have the moral authority to police the public can go fuck themselves. Live and let live. That dude did not deserve to die.
    After he pushed the fucker down, his body language did not seem as if he was going to continue to attack.

Here in GA when you encounter a funeral procession on the road, there is no law saying you have to pull to a stop and respect the fucker when you are
    traveling in the opposite direction on a four lane road. Yesterday my wife was driving and all the vehicles were pulling over and stopping. I told her to keep driving, and several drivers were blowing their horns when we passed them. When I,am dead respect me in the funeral home. I don't care what people do on the road.

Quote Originally Posted by Paradox View Post
    Here in GA when you encounter a funeral procession on the road, there is no law saying you have to pull to a stop and respect the fucker when you are traveling in the opposite direction on a four lane road. Yesterday my wife was driving and all the vehicles were pulling over and stopping. I told her to keep driving, and several drivers were blowing their horns when we passed them. When I,am dead respect me in the funeral home. I don't care what people do on the road.
    Amen. I get so tired of nosy minders, people trying to butt their heads into other people's business when it really doesn't concern them at all.

So what if the bitch was parking in a handicapped spot? There were plenty of other open spots even closer to the store entrance, so even if a genuinely handicapped driver had pulled up, they could have easily found another spot.

Shooter was itching for a fight. Mouthing off and being belligerent, knowing he always had his carry-piece to fall back to if anyone tried to challenge him.

That being said, the law is the law. And according to the new Florida "Stand Your Ground" statute, all that matters is that the shooter was SUBJECTIVELY afraid for his own life.

Doesn't matter that he started it, doesn't matter that he was being obnoxious and asking for trouble, but once he was pushed to the ground in response to him verbally assaulting dude's wife, all bets were off. Green light to shoot.

The local sheriff just had a press conference and announced that the shooter won't be charged. So I guess that settles it.

Shooter now knows he can be a dick and get in people's faces, start fights and provoke a physical altercation, and get away with shooting people as he sees fit.

I don't think that's the type of behavior they teach in CCW classes...
    Last edited by LAGC; 07-24-2018 at 09:34 PM.
    "That tyranny has all the vices both of democracy and oligarchy is evident. As of oligarchy so of tyranny, the end is wealth; (for by wealth only can the tyrant maintain either his guard or his luxury). Both mistrust the people, and therefore deprive them of their arms." -- Aristotle, Book V, 350 B.C.E

Team Guns Network Silver 04/2013 alismith's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by LAGC View Post
    I don't think that's the type of behavior they teach in CCW classes...
    My CCW is a FL Non-Resident license. I know that wasn't covered in the class I took.
    Last edited by alismith; 07-25-2018 at 11:37 AM.
    "Valar morghulis; valar dohaeris."

Commucrats are most efficient at converting sins and crimes to accidents or misunderstandings.-Oswald Bastable

Making good people helpless won't make bad people harmless.

Freedom isn't free.

"Attitude is the paintbrush that colors our world." TV Series, Haven.

My Spirit Animal has rabies.

I'd rather be an American than a Democrat.

"If you can make a man afraid, you can control him" Netflix Series, The Irregulars

Team GunsNet Platinum 02/2015 davepool's Avatar

Yep, shooter was in the wrong, stand your ground laws were not meant to get revenge for being pushed down.

The same thing happened to me a few years ago, i came out of the grocery store and some wack job was yelling at my wife, i got in between them and pushed the guy back ( he didn't fall down), i wasn't trying to hurt him i just wanted him away from my wife while i tried to figure out what had happened, he didn't have a weapon so we just yelled at each other until the cops showed up, i was carrying as i always do and it never crossed my mind to draw on the idiot.

The guy that got shot was just protecting his wife from a crazy guy.

Prosecutor overrules sheriff, charges Florida man in 'stand your ground' case

Michael Drejka, who fatally shot Markeis McGlockton after McGlockton shoved him in a Clearwater, Florida, convenience store parking lot, has been charged with manslaughter, officials said Monday.

"Consistent with the decision-making process established under Florida law in this case, the State Attorney conducted his review and decided to charge Drejka with manslaughter," Pinellas County Sheriff Bob Gualtieri said in a news release. Previously, Gualtieri said the state's "stand your ground" laws prevented him from arresting Drejka last month.

Pinellas and Pasco County State Attorney Bernie McCabe said he came to his decision to charge Drejka after a nine-day review that began August 1.

"We interviewed witnesses and looked at all the available surveillance video, and we made our decision to move forward based on all the information available," the prosecutor said.

Drejka, 47, was arrested Monday morning and booked into Pinellas County Jail. His bail is set at $100,000, the sheriff's office said. His first court appearance is set for Tuesday afternoon.
    https://www.cnn.com/2018/08/13/us/st...ges/index.html
    "That tyranny has all the vices both of democracy and oligarchy is evident. As of oligarchy so of tyranny, the end is wealth; (for by wealth only can the tyrant maintain either his guard or his luxury). Both mistrust the people, and therefore deprive them of their arms." -- Aristotle, Book V, 350 B.C.E

Indiana, a state that is trying to remain free.
    Yup, getting knocked down can be cause for fear for ones life, but when the aggressor backs off, you need to reassess and not escalate. Unfortunately for all, a stupid act that turned deadly has ruined many lives.

This will be an interesting case to follow.

Guns Network Lifetime Member #2

In Minnesota you have a duty to retreat if possible, no lesser force will do, you MUST be an innocent bystander and you or another are in immediate fear of great bodily harm or death. In MN he would not stand a chance of not going to jail. Even in stand your ground I just can't see being the initiator of the contact by verbal means and trying to defend it. Carrying a gun means quieting your temper IMO.

He is an old frail man who was angry that people parked in a handicap spot, the guy who shoved him didn't have to shove him. The shove was likely the most force applied to the old dude he has had in decades, and he might have thought he was about to be beaten to death by a much younger and stronger man so he pulls out the only means of defense he has at the time. He may be a nut just looking for the opportunity to kill and he found it. Who knows.
    "And how we burned in the camps later thinking, what would things have been like, if every security operative, when he went out at night to make an arrest, had been uncertain, whether he would return alive and had to say good-bye to his family?"