Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: California Fruit Nazi Checkpoints

Red face California Fruit Nazi Checkpoints

We're all familiar with border patrol checkpoints when entering the United States from either Canada or Mexico, but did you know that one state actually has checkpoints at the borders even when driving in from other states?

Yup. It's Commiefornia.

Where you actually have to pull over on the freeway (backing up traffic for miles) just so they can inspect your vehicle ostensibly to make sure you're not bringing in any "invasive fruit" that might be introducing invasive pests or species into the Promised Land.

Well, one dude apparently had enough:

Now that's what I call civil disobedience.

"That tyranny has all the vices both of democracy and oligarchy is evident. As of oligarchy so of tyranny, the end is wealth; (for by wealth only can the tyrant maintain either his guard or his luxury). Both mistrust the people, and therefore deprive them of their arms." -- Aristotle, Book V, 350 B.C.E

Team GunsNet Platinum 02/2015 davepool's Avatar

It's about time, some thing has to be done to stop the fruit fly invasion, Now if we can just figure out how to keep their insanity from invading the rest of the country....

Team Guns Network Silver 04/2013 alismith's Avatar

I think CA should become a fruit fly sanctuary state and close down these checkpoints and get rid of all those hateful fruit fly police.

Implement open borders for all those fruit flies seeking sanctuary from other states.

If I were a fruit fly, I'd be really pissed off about this.

Where are the Dims when you need them?
    Last edited by alismith; 07-31-2018 at 12:50 PM.
    "Valar morghulis; valar dohaeris."

Commucrats are most efficient at converting sins and crimes to accidents or misunderstandings.-Oswald Bastable

Making good people helpless won't make bad people harmless.

Freedom isn't free.

"Attitude is the paintbrush that colors our world." TV Series, Haven.

My Spirit Animal has rabies.

I'd rather be an American than a Democrat.

"If you can make a man afraid, you can control him" Netflix Series, The Irregulars

Yep, and by god DO NOT separate momma fruit fly from her 10,000 children

Quote Originally Posted by davepool View Post
    Yep, and by god DO NOT separate momma fruit fly from her 10,000 children
    Not only that, but this is pure, unadulterated, racism. They're letting house flies, deer flies, horse flies, and blue bottle flies in, but not fruit flies. That's unAmerican and against the Constitution. No one should be discriminated against just because of who they were born to. It's not the fruit fly's fault they were born a fruit fly.

And the Dims say they are tolerant....they might be tolerant of other species, but they are nothing more than selective bigots.

Commucrats are most efficient at converting sins and crimes to accidents or misunderstandings.-Oswald Bastable

Freedom isn't free.

"If you can make a man afraid, you can control him" Netflix Series, The Irregulars

Quote Originally Posted by LAGC View Post
    We're all familiar with border patrol checkpoints when entering the United States from either Canada or Mexico, but did you know that one state actually has checkpoints at the borders even when driving in from other states?

Yup. It's Commiefornia.

Where you actually have to pull over on the freeway (backing up traffic for miles) just so they can inspect your vehicle ostensibly to make sure you're not bringing in any "invasive fruit" that might be introducing invasive pests or species into the Promised Land.

Well, one dude apparently had enough:

Now that's what I call civil disobedience.

I fully understand why California is concerned about invasive fruit... they are full to the brim with fruits and nuts.
    Gentlemen may prefer Blondes, but Real Men prefer Redheads!

Team GunsNet Silver 12/2011 N/A's Avatar

Texas...at the intersection of I-20 and the Korean War Veterans Memorial Higheway
    Fruit flies like bananas.
    Time flies like the wind.
    No enemy of America would have ever been killed if they didn't show up to be killed. HDR

Quote Originally Posted by N/A View Post
    Fruit flies like bananas.
    Time flies like the wind.
    Therefore, fruit flies like wind.....?

Freedom isn't free.

Texas...at the intersection of I-20 and the Korean War Veterans Memorial Higheway
    No enemy of America would have ever been killed if they didn't show up to be killed. HDR

Quote Originally Posted by N/A View Post
    Deductive reasoning based on your statements above.

If A>B, and B>C, then A>C.

Freedom isn't free.

Site Admin & **Team Gunsnet Silver 12/2012** Richard Simmons's Avatar

I recall those checkpoints from back in the 80's. Stupid isn't new.
    Gunsnet member since 1999
    USN 1978-86
    BCCI Life Member #2068

•" We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm. " George Orwell

Quote Originally Posted by Richard Simmons View Post
    I recall those checkpoints from back in the 80's. Stupid isn't new.
    Yeah, I had the misfortune of being stationed in that schitthole back in the early 80s and had to stop at the checkpoint when coming back from Reno.
    Usually sufferers of paraphilic infantilism are proud of their condition. Kinda like being a liberal. Your mental flaws are there for the entire world to see, and you're damned proud of it. - tank_monkey

What are they going to do when they figure out that fruit flies can FLY across the border? Put checkpoints at airports to try and stem the flow......?

Freedom isn't free.

As devastating as Fruit Flies could be to California's agricultural, and considering that a bag of infested fruit in someone's car could travel several hundred miles in a few hours,...but some fly flying across the border might only go a few miles before it dies,...I would put my resources into keeping out the transportation of flies into the interior of the state, and rely on traps to warn of a slow migration across the borders.

Quote Originally Posted by alismith View Post
    What are they going to do when they figure out that fruit flies can FLY across the border? Put checkpoints at airports to try and stem the flow......?
    They've been at their airports for years.

Quote Originally Posted by stevelyn View Post
    Yeah, I had the misfortune of being stationed in that schitthole back in the early 80s and had to stop at the checkpoint when coming back from Reno.
    The checkpoints were in place in the early 60s when my dad was stationed at the Presido and we drove back and forth to arizona a lot. They never searched our car, they just asked if we had any fruits or vegetables...we did...and my mom always lied and said NO

My Goodness I hate this state...Seems in the last 5 years everything has become illegal.

Almost out of here.

Quote Originally Posted by ubersoldate View Post
    My Goodness I hate this state...Seems in the last 5 years everything has become illegal.

Almost out of here.
    My memory is bad now days, ... didn't you move from Texas to Arizona quite a few years ago?
    Whomever it was, I remember they road a Kawasaki 650?? from Texas to Arizona along the back roads, almost crossing into Mexico at one point.

Quote Originally Posted by davepool View Post
    The checkpoints were in place in the early 60s when my dad was stationed at the Presido and we drove back and forth to arizona a lot. They never searched our car, they just asked if we had any fruits or vegetables...we did...and my mom always lied and said NO
    they're more concerned about fruits that are infested with fruitflies. Hawaii is really strict, they XRAY your luggage at agricultural control centers at all airports. Why? because Hawaii's fruits that are not tropical like Pineapple or Mangoes are pretty much destroyed by the damned fruit flies. If they really infested California, it would wipe out a huge portion of the USA's fruit crop.

Try NOT to fuck over America's farmers, guys.

Anyone who thinks Fruit flies can fly over the border don't know shit about them. Fruitflies RARELY fly more than 100 feet away from any fruit source. They always stay CLOSE to the smell and scent of fruit. They burrow in the ground to lay eggs NEAR fruit. If you have a stretch of desert as short as a football field with no fruit on it, they wont' cross it. HOW it spreads is in infected fruit that is discarded. They'll burrow nearby and try to start a colony and look for more foodsources. Humans have an amazing capacity to have food everywhere they live and work. Once it hits any acreage for farming, that's it. California (and other states) spend a ton of effort eliminating infestations when they start.

Quote Originally Posted by tank_monkey View Post
    they're more concerned about fruits that are infested with fruitflies. Hawaii is really strict, they XRAY your luggage at agricultural control centers at all airports. Why? because Hawaii's fruits that are not tropical like Pineapple or Mangoes are pretty much destroyed by the damned fruit flies. If they really infested California, it would wipe out a huge portion of the USA's fruit crop.

Try NOT to fuck over America's farmers, guys.

Anyone who thinks Fruit flies can fly over the border don't know shit about them. Fruitflies RARELY fly more than 100 feet away from any fruit source. They always stay CLOSE to the smell and scent of fruit. They burrow in the ground to lay eggs NEAR fruit. If you have a stretch of desert as short as a football field with no fruit on it, they wont' cross it. HOW it spreads is in infected fruit that is discarded. They'll burrow nearby and try to start a colony and look for more foodsources. Humans have an amazing capacity to have food everywhere they live and work. Once it hits any acreage for farming, that's it. California (and other states) spend a ton of effort eliminating infestations when they start.
    Ironic, isn't it, that CA cares more about a Fruit fly invasion than an illegal immigrant invasion? Ones destroys money while the other siphons it off. Same results, two different vectors and two different government approaches.

Freedom isn't free.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast