Thread: Never give an inch

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Team GunsNetwork PLATINUM 10/2012 rci2950's Avatar

Never give an inch

So as you all probably know, The Canadian government is now trying to ban legally owned handguns because the shooter in Toronto had an illegal one. The government is using this as an excuse to move closer to civil disarmament. Some background on the ban. The RCMP released a statistic that 29% of guns used in crime were able to be traced to their origin. or those 29% of tracable guns roughly 50% were domestically sourced. So that number is more like 15% of guns used in crime were traced back to domestic source.

Anyway we have (((Wendy Cukier))) who is pushing this 50% of guns used in crime narrative even though it is wrong and the media went with it. The Media has most of the plebs convinced that handguns have no place in current year. So the government is actually starting to push for a complete ban.

They have successfully convinced the majority of non gun owners and even some gun owners. My uncle and his brother in law are both hunters who own bolt action rifles for moose hunting. They have both commented on my facebook posts that handguns should be illegal. That guns are for hunting. So even gun owners are turning against each other.

What makes this worse is that there is a Chinese Lesbian council woman in Toronto that is trying to tack all semi autos on to this ban as well. AAAAND of course the government is considering it.

We don't have a second amendment. So naturally we are not protected by anything when it comes to gun control.

I am starting to sell off a few of my handguns before the market is flooded with people trying to sell theirs before a ban. I believe it is happening this time and it is making me absolutely sick. I will also likely be breaking down my AR and selling the parts off the receiver. Keeping the receiver only for when they come for it. (anyone here want to buy a brand new Colt Canada IUR upper and bolt?)

I am not going to be making any stands. So dont even suggest it. I have two young children and a wife that rely on me for everything. I am the sole income for my family. I want my family to continue living in this house and have the things they need. To me that is my main purpose in life.

All legally owned handguns in Canada are registered. So the federal government has a database of where every single one should be. I am not willing to spend any time in a cage over this. When they come, if i dont hand them over then they will be taking me.

I am however making noise online and writing/calling politicians. I know this is a limp dick attempt to correct a wrong but it is the only option. I also am making donations to our gun orgs. (Canadian version of NRA) but they are mostly ineffective.

My suggestion to you Americans is to never give an inch on anything. Don't let the left take any part of your gun rights. You will never get them back if you do.

here is the actual quote from the RCMP report that the antis are getting their 50% of guns talking point from.

Last edited by rci2950; 08-01-2018 at 10:00 AM.
    Gunsnet member since 2002
    Salt Water Cowboy - Dolphin 38