Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 36

Thread: Never give an inch

  1. #1
    Team GunsNetwork PLATINUM 10/2012 rci2950's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Location
    under your bed
    Posts
    4,464

    Never give an inch

    So as you all probably know, The Canadian government is now trying to ban legally owned handguns because the shooter in Toronto had an illegal one. The government is using this as an excuse to move closer to civil disarmament. Some background on the ban. The RCMP released a statistic that 29% of guns used in crime were able to be traced to their origin. or those 29% of tracable guns roughly 50% were domestically sourced. So that number is more like 15% of guns used in crime were traced back to domestic source.

    Anyway we have (((Wendy Cukier))) who is pushing this 50% of guns used in crime narrative even though it is wrong and the media went with it. The Media has most of the plebs convinced that handguns have no place in current year. So the government is actually starting to push for a complete ban.

    They have successfully convinced the majority of non gun owners and even some gun owners. My uncle and his brother in law are both hunters who own bolt action rifles for moose hunting. They have both commented on my facebook posts that handguns should be illegal. That guns are for hunting. So even gun owners are turning against each other.

    What makes this worse is that there is a Chinese Lesbian council woman in Toronto that is trying to tack all semi autos on to this ban as well. AAAAND of course the government is considering it.

    We don't have a second amendment. So naturally we are not protected by anything when it comes to gun control.

    I am starting to sell off a few of my handguns before the market is flooded with people trying to sell theirs before a ban. I believe it is happening this time and it is making me absolutely sick. I will also likely be breaking down my AR and selling the parts off the receiver. Keeping the receiver only for when they come for it. (anyone here want to buy a brand new Colt Canada IUR upper and bolt?)

    I am not going to be making any stands. So dont even suggest it. I have two young children and a wife that rely on me for everything. I am the sole income for my family. I want my family to continue living in this house and have the things they need. To me that is my main purpose in life.

    All legally owned handguns in Canada are registered. So the federal government has a database of where every single one should be. I am not willing to spend any time in a cage over this. When they come, if i dont hand them over then they will be taking me.


    I am however making noise online and writing/calling politicians. I know this is a limp dick attempt to correct a wrong but it is the only option. I also am making donations to our gun orgs. (Canadian version of NRA) but they are mostly ineffective.

    My suggestion to you Americans is to never give an inch on anything. Don't let the left take any part of your gun rights. You will never get them back if you do.


    here is the actual quote from the RCMP report that the antis are getting their 50% of guns talking point from.

    Last edited by rci2950; 08-01-2018 at 10:00 AM.
    Gunsnet member since 2002
    Salt Water Cowboy - Dolphin 38

  2. #2
    Senior Member Helen Keller's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Rockin' a Piss
    Posts
    8,362
    your country is a shithole timebomb anyways.
    PRAISE KEK
    FATHER OF CHAOS
    BRINGER OF DAY
    IN THY WEBBED HANDS WE PLACE OUR FAITH
    SHADILAY, SHADILAY!

  3. #3
    Team GunsNetwork PLATINUM 10/2012 rci2950's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Location
    under your bed
    Posts
    4,464
    Quote Originally Posted by Helen Keller View Post
    your country is a shithole timebomb anyways.
    You are extremely lucky you were born where you were.

    If i would have had the opportunity to move i would have. I am embedded in too deep to uproot and start a new life in a different country now.
    Gunsnet member since 2002
    Salt Water Cowboy - Dolphin 38

  4. #4
    Senior Member Helen Keller's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Rockin' a Piss
    Posts
    8,362
    with the leadership in your country ( dont know how they can be referred to as leaders) I'm surprised it hasn't gone to a full blown nanny state that would make california look like a comfortable place to live.
    PRAISE KEK
    FATHER OF CHAOS
    BRINGER OF DAY
    IN THY WEBBED HANDS WE PLACE OUR FAITH
    SHADILAY, SHADILAY!

  5. #5
    Team GunsNetwork PLATINUM 10/2012 rci2950's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Location
    under your bed
    Posts
    4,464
    Quote Originally Posted by Helen Keller View Post
    with the leadership in your country ( dont know how they can be referred to as leaders) I'm surprised it hasn't gone to a full blown nanny state that would make california look like a comfortable place to live.
    Rural Canada is still very right wing. For example in Newfoundland where my family comes from and still lives, There was a number of muslim refugees placed in various parts. They are mostly relocated to other provinces now because of the unwelcoming manner they were treated. The reaction of the locals when they see head scarfs etc.

    these people still make up a large portion of Canada's voter base. So full nanny state isnt possible yet. however Canadians are very trusting and believe what they are told. So it is only a matter of time.
    Gunsnet member since 2002
    Salt Water Cowboy - Dolphin 38

  6. #6
    Team GunsNetwork PLATINUM 10/2012 rci2950's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Location
    under your bed
    Posts
    4,464
    We do have en election coming up in November of 2019 so there is still hope. But to be on the safe side i am still thinning the herd. I will be keeping a few handguns but the majority of the $$$ stuff is going out the door before its too late. I am going to bank the money and if the ban craze blows over i will buy more stuff to replace them with. I would rather someone else be handing in those guns then me. I am sure you can relate.
    Gunsnet member since 2002
    Salt Water Cowboy - Dolphin 38

  7. #7
    Registered User LAGC's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    8,565
    It is unfortunate, but we must remember that all Canadian "citizens" are really "subjects" of the Crown.

    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Monarchy_of_Canada

    All Canadian liberties come at the pleasure of the Crown. Just like in Australia, if the Queen decides Her subjects need all their guns taken away, taken away they will be.

    Her Majesty rules y'all. No getting away from it, so long as you live in Her lands and agree to to be one of Her subjects, you will live as She sees fit.

    We fought a revolution over this shit, just to get free of the Crown.
    "That tyranny has all the vices both of democracy and oligarchy is evident. As of oligarchy so of tyranny, the end is wealth; (for by wealth only can the tyrant maintain either his guard or his luxury). Both mistrust the people, and therefore deprive them of their arms." -- Aristotle, Book V, 350 B.C.E

  8. #8
    Team GunsNetwork PLATINUM 10/2012 rci2950's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Location
    under your bed
    Posts
    4,464
    it is a sickening feeling. Knowing this will not help anything in regards to public safety because most of the guns used in crimes are smuggled in from the US. Fortunately we still have a large population of people that still live off the land in our northern provinces and require firearms to feed themselves. Most of these people are natives. So the question of "need" in regards to regular hunting rifles and shotguns has an easy answer and the banning of those could be twisted into being a racial issue. As most of the natives prefer to live that way and argue "tradition" So for the most part, those types of guns are safe. likely for at least my lifetime.
    Gunsnet member since 2002
    Salt Water Cowboy - Dolphin 38

  9. #9
    Guns Network Contributor 01/2015 Altarboy's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    3,932
    Quote Originally Posted by Helen Keller View Post
    your country is a shithole timebomb anyways.
    Geez Dude. Kinda harsh. True but harsh. Anyhoo, I have faith in the Canucks that they will keep their rights intact.

  10. #10
    Administrator imanaknut's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Indiana, a state that is trying to remain free.
    Posts
    10,086
    Nothing like having a government that is willing by the stroke of a pen to make the honest citizen a criminal. I remembering a guy named Adolph that once did that. Didn't end well.

  11. #11
    Registered User LAGC's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    8,565
    Quote Originally Posted by imanaknut View Post
    Nothing like having a government that is willing by the stroke of a pen to make the honest citizen a criminal. I remembering a guy named Adolph that once did that. Didn't end well.
    I don't know. Constitutional monarchies can actually be a very benign form of government.

    IF you get a monarch in there that respects its subjects' rights.

    The problem comes when you get a tyrant King or Queen in there. No way to vote them out!
    "That tyranny has all the vices both of democracy and oligarchy is evident. As of oligarchy so of tyranny, the end is wealth; (for by wealth only can the tyrant maintain either his guard or his luxury). Both mistrust the people, and therefore deprive them of their arms." -- Aristotle, Book V, 350 B.C.E

  12. #12
    Administrator Krupski's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2001
    Location
    ┌П┐(◣_◢)┌П┐
    Posts
    14,554
    Quote Originally Posted by rci2950 View Post
    So as you all probably know, The Canadian government is now trying to ban legally owned handguns because the shooter in Toronto had an illegal one. The government is using this as an excuse to move closer to civil disarmament. Some background on the ban. The RCMP released a statistic that 29% of guns used in crime were able to be traced to their origin. or those 29% of tracable guns roughly 50% were domestically sourced. So that number is more like 15% of guns used in crime were traced back to domestic source.

    We don't have a second amendment. So naturally we are not protected by anything when it comes to gun control.

    I am starting to sell off a few of my handguns before the market is flooded with people trying to sell theirs before a ban. I believe it is happening this time and it is making me absolutely sick. I will also likely be breaking down my AR and selling the parts off the receiver. Keeping the receiver only for when they come for it. (anyone here want to buy a brand new Colt Canada IUR upper and bolt?)

    I am not going to be making any stands. So dont even suggest it. I have two young children and a wife that rely on me for everything. I am the sole income for my family. I want my family to continue living in this house and have the things they need. To me that is my main purpose in life.

    All legally owned handguns in Canada are registered. So the federal government has a database of where every single one should be. I am not willing to spend any time in a cage over this. When they come, if i dont hand them over then they will be taking me.
    You are going to end up like Australia. In countless videos, the Aussies beg us not to make the same mistake they did.

    Yeah, we have a "second amendment", but it's just ink on an old sheet of paper. A liberal judge can sweep it away with the flick of a pen.

    The true "second amendment" is the gun in your hands and the courage to hang on to it and yell "hell no, come and take it!" if the government demands.

    I know you're in the same boat most people are... wife, kids, family, job... very difficult to throw all that away for your rights.

    But, countless Aussie, British, Canadian and American soldiers fought and died to keep the world free. THEY gave up everything so that WE could live free.

    It may sound ridiculous, but if the USA ever comes down to outright confiscation, I WILL fight it with every ounce of strength I have. Yes, I'll leave my family behind and probably end up dead, but I can't conceive of cowardly throwing everything others fought to preserve for us just for the sake of a little comfort.

    Maybe the world will laugh at me, but I'll die on my feet rather than grovel my knees.
    Gentlemen may prefer Blondes, but Real Men prefer Redheads!

  13. #13
    Administrator Krupski's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2001
    Location
    ┌П┐(◣_◢)┌П┐
    Posts
    14,554
    Quote Originally Posted by Helen Keller View Post
    your country is a shithole timebomb anyways.

    That's not true at all. I love Canada. I own property there and the people are very nice. Can't blame Canada for their idiot government. (same with California... a beautiful state - ruined by liberal fruits and nuts).

    Canadians drink much better beer than the USA swill we have. Hell, even McDonald's catsup is 2000% better in Canada.

    Hockey is awesome too... eh? GO LEAFS!!

    Gentlemen may prefer Blondes, but Real Men prefer Redheads!

  14. #14
    Administrator Krupski's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2001
    Location
    ┌П┐(◣_◢)┌П┐
    Posts
    14,554
    Quote Originally Posted by LAGC View Post
    I don't know. Constitutional monarchies can actually be a very benign form of government.

    IF you get a monarch in there that respects its subjects' rights.

    The problem comes when you get a tyrant King or Queen in there. No way to vote them out!


    The King and Queen are just figureheads. Why they even bother with a "monarchy" is beyond me.
    Gentlemen may prefer Blondes, but Real Men prefer Redheads!

  15. #15
    Team Gunsnet Platinum 06/2016 ltorlo64's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Back in the Pacific Northwest!
    Posts
    7,623
    Quote Originally Posted by Krupski View Post
    That's not true at all. I love Canada. I own property there and the people are very nice. Can't blame Canada for their idiot government. (same with California... a beautiful state - ruined by liberal fruits and nuts).
    Except that the Canadian people voted for their government, just like the people of California (and don't forget Washington, Oregon, New York, Massachusetts, Illinois, etc). It is their fault and it is within their power to fix, if they want to.
    "Nothing ever gets so bad that government "help" can't make it worse." Pat Garrett, March 22, 2014

    "HATE IS GOOD, WHEN ITS DIRECTED AT EVIL." PROBASCO, April 20, 2012

    I tried to push the envelope, but found that it was stationery.

    Have you heard about the new corduroy pillows? They're making head lines!

    NRA Endowment Member

  16. #16
    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    harms way
    Posts
    13,311
    Quote Originally Posted by imanaknut View Post
    Nothing like having a government that is willing by the stroke of a pen to make the honest citizen a criminal. I remembering a guy named Adolph that once did that. Didn't end well.
    Especially considering victim disarmament legislation has no effect upon criminals as they by definition do not obey law.
    “The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the Constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first.”
    -Thomas Jefferson

  17. #17
    Administrator Krupski's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2001
    Location
    ┌П┐(◣_◢)┌П┐
    Posts
    14,554
    Quote Originally Posted by 5.56NATO View Post
    Especially considering victim disarmament legislation has no effect upon criminals as they by definition do not obey law.

    When the absurd "safe" act first came out in NY, there was an anti-safe act video showing a guy trying to protect his family from a break-in criminal.

    The guy fired 7 shots and the bad guy was down. His slide locked open (he used up his alloted 7 shots).

    Just then, another guy broke in and you could hear his wife and daughter screaming as the video faded to black (the idea being that the "safe" act turned his family into victims).

    It would be great if a victim of a break-in or a school shooting (or anywhere else where the "law" makes good people into victims and criminals) would be able to sue the state or federal government (as appropriate) for placing them in danger for obeying the "law".

    Of course, the legislators are above the law and they are immune to lawsuits (which is why I do not comply with any "laws" that restrict my ability to protect my family).

    I wonder if Governor Cuomo would drive out to my house and stand between an armed criminal and my family to protect them while I reloaded my "useless by law" pistol?

    I'll bet not (which is why he can shove his "safe" act up his ass).
    Gentlemen may prefer Blondes, but Real Men prefer Redheads!

  18. #18
    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    harms way
    Posts
    13,311
    Quote Originally Posted by Krupski View Post
    When the absurd "safe" act first came out in NY, there was an anti-safe act video showing a guy trying to protect his family from a break-in criminal.

    The guy fired 7 shots and the bad guy was down. His slide locked open (he used up his alloted 7 shots).

    Just then, another guy broke in and you could hear his wife and daughter screaming as the video faded to black (the idea being that the "safe" act turned his family into victims).

    It would be great if a victim of a break-in or a school shooting (or anywhere else where the "law" makes good people into victims and criminals) would be able to sue the state or federal government (as appropriate) for placing them in danger for obeying the "law".

    Of course, the legislators are above the law and they are immune to lawsuits (which is why I do not comply with any "laws" that restrict my ability to protect my family).

    I wonder if Governor Cuomo would drive out to my house and stand between an armed criminal and my family to protect them while I reloaded my "useless by law" pistol?

    I'll bet not (which is why he can shove his "safe" act up his ass).
    Gun free zones ensure mass shootings. But they know this, this is what they want, they want the victims aka the law abiding disarmed in the name of security.
    “The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the Constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first.”
    -Thomas Jefferson

  19. #19
    Senior Member JTHunter's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    2,944
    Quote Originally Posted by Altarboy View Post
    Geez Dude. Kinda harsh. True but harsh. Anyhoo, I have faith in the Canucks that they will keep their rights intact.
    Agreed !! And unnecessary.

    RCI - did you ever give any thought to KEEPING your handguns and emigrating to the U.S.??
    “I have little patience with people who take the Bill of Rights for granted. The Bill of Rights, contained in the first ten amendments to the Constitution, is every American’s guarantee of freedom.” - - President Harry S. Truman, “Years of Trial and Hope”

  20. #20
    Senior Member JTHunter's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    2,944
    Quote Originally Posted by Krupski View Post
    You are going to end up like Australia. In countless videos, the Aussies beg us not to make the same mistake they did.

    Yeah, we have a "second amendment", but it's just ink on an old sheet of paper. A liberal judge can sweep it away with the flick of a pen.

    The true "second amendment" is the gun in your hands and the courage to hang on to it and yell "hell no, come and take it!" if the government demands.

    I know you're in the same boat most people are... wife, kids, family, job... very difficult to throw all that away for your rights.

    But, countless Aussie, British, Canadian and American soldiers fought and died to keep the world free. THEY gave up everything so that WE could live free.

    It may sound ridiculous, but if the USA ever comes down to outright confiscation, I WILL fight it with every ounce of strength I have. Yes, I'll leave my family behind and probably end up dead, but I can't conceive of cowardly throwing everything others fought to preserve for us just for the sake of a little comfort.

    Maybe the world will laugh at me, but I'll die on my feet rather than grovel my knees.
    Well put !!
    “I have little patience with people who take the Bill of Rights for granted. The Bill of Rights, contained in the first ten amendments to the Constitution, is every American’s guarantee of freedom.” - - President Harry S. Truman, “Years of Trial and Hope”

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •