Thread: Good deal on a Mini 14

Site Admin & **Team Gunsnet Silver 12/2012** Richard Simmons's Avatar

Thumbs up Good deal on a Mini 14

Saw a post on another forum that Walmart was blowing out their inventory of Ruger Mini 14's for $399. Not a fan or a hater of the Mini 14 but if true, for that price how can you go wrong.
    Gunsnet member since 1999
    USN 1978-86
    BCCI Life Member #2068

•" We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm. " George Orwell

Indiana, a state that is trying to remain free.
    I have never seen a Mini 14 that inexpensive! Wish the Walmarts around me weren't anti-2nd which is crazy with Indiana being one of the most pro-2nd states in the union.

Team Guns Network Silver 04/2013 alismith's Avatar

Sounds like a great price. For that, I'd buy two.

Wally Worlds around here don't sell modern firearms. May have to check out DE, or cruise down to VA, and see if they have them on sale.

Wasn't crazy about the Mini-14, but I love my Mini-Thirty. So, if they do have them I might be sorely tempted....
    "Valar morghulis; valar dohaeris."

Commucrats are most efficient at converting sins and crimes to accidents or misunderstandings.-Oswald Bastable

Making good people helpless won't make bad people harmless.

Freedom isn't free.

"Attitude is the paintbrush that colors our world." TV Series, Haven.

My Spirit Animal has rabies.

I'd rather be an American than a Democrat.

"If you can make a man afraid, you can control him" Netflix Series, The Irregulars

Team Gunsnet Silver 02/14 - Moderator recon's Avatar

Yeah I saw this on another gun board today and people are trying to get these before the price goes back up.
    Buy It Cheap!
    Stack It Deep!

Original Member-July-1999!

Site Admin & **Team Gunsnet Silver 12/2012** Richard Simmons's Avatar

Just got back from my local Walmart. They had no Mini-14s.
    Gunsnet member since 1999
    USN 1978-86
    BCCI Life Member #2068

•" We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm. " George Orwell

our haven't had mini's since they marked them down to $489 a few years ago and sold them all.

rather give $$ to local shop anyways.
    PRAISE KEK
    FATHER OF CHAOS
    BRINGER OF DAY
    IN THY WEBBED HANDS WE PLACE OUR FAITH
    SHADILAY, SHADILAY!

Yep, have been following a thread on another forum, came here to post this. I did pick one up for the 399.00 price. I had to drive about two hours to do it. One store 45 minutes from me had two at 599. I went to work, they dropped the price, and were gone by the time I was off work.

Savage rifles, Weatherby rifles are on clearance as well. You have to ask them to scan them for the sale price. Now I own 4 mini 14's. For the price I couldn't pass it up. The last one that I got is a factory folder. Pretty good shape, except that the guy that I got it from, kept it wrapped in a towel in a shed. So there is some rust on the end of the barrel.

PA, where the cold is only matched by the isolation
    Quote Originally Posted by Helen Keller View Post
    our haven't had mini's since they marked them down to $489 a few years ago and sold them all.

rather give $$ to local shop anyways.
    Clearfield had one for $599 for awhile.

I would point out that you can still built an AR for less than $400

I was at our local WM today, that had the savage axis rifle with camo stock for 199.00 Some stores have the 10/22 take down rifle for 199.00, regular SS 10/22 for 124.00. The weatherby wood stock rifle for 350, vanguard rifles for 249.00. I don't need anymore rifles in .243, .270, 30-06, or .308.

Really didn't need another Mini 14, but I like the rifles, plus I have a bunch of mags for them. I am away that an AR could be had for around the same price, but I really don't need anymore of those either!