Thread: Any 10-22 pistol shooters around here (Ruger Charger)

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Any 10-22 pistol shooters around here (Ruger Charger)

For years I thought a 10-22 pistol would be an awesome range toy ... Hypothetically I built one back in the late 80's (before anyone else made 10-22 receivers) then when I was hypothetically walking around a gunshow in Wichita Ks a dealer may have told me that it was illegal to do that with a rifle receiver and not have a form1 stamp from the BATF (if it had happened it would have been before the batfE)

Then Ruger came out with the Charger, I liked it but something about the green laminate pistol stock turned me off ... a couple years ago I saw a stainless one in the green laminate and another with the a black synthetic stock, so I bought them both and switched the stocks to have a stainless receiver & barrel in the black synthetic stock.

It turned out to not be as cool as I thought it would be and it sat in the safe for a couple years. A couple months ago I saw a Charger that had been SBR'd with the factory stock ... A company called Copper Custom makes an adapter that replaces the bolt cover that anchors the pistol grip adapter on one end and the other a threaded extension for an AR receiver extension to add a stock or brace, shipping and all its less than $65. I had to wait for a little over a month as they were out of stock when I found out about them

Not wanting to get any more NFA items I put on a brace SB Tacticle Brace I bought for an AR pistol build that's stalled ... I put an old Aimpoint on it and from about 20 yards I could make a shotgun shell dance ... It's the most fun I've had with a semi-auto in a while!

I know this is a rimfire but thought it would be seen by more here ... If it really needs to be moved that's ok ... Just remember, it has a black stock!
    Last edited by kimberkid; 08-23-2018 at 07:01 PM.