Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: McCain dies

Team Guns Network Silver 04/2013 alismith's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by LAGC View Post
    Yes, Trump would have kept the flag at full-mast the entire time if he could have.

Apparently though, the American Legion got pissed and demanded he lower the flag back to half-mast until McCain's internment, in honor of his military service.

Trump had no choice but to cave to their demands.
    This really makes no difference. Trump made his statement.
    "Valar morghulis; valar dohaeris."

Commucrats are most efficient at converting sins and crimes to accidents or misunderstandings.-Oswald Bastable

Making good people helpless won't make bad people harmless.

Freedom isn't free.

"Attitude is the paintbrush that colors our world." TV Series, Haven.

My Spirit Animal has rabies.

I'd rather be an American than a Democrat.

"If you can make a man afraid, you can control him" Netflix Series, The Irregulars

Quote Originally Posted by alismith View Post
    This really makes no difference. Trump made his statement.
    Yes, yes he did.
    "That tyranny has all the vices both of democracy and oligarchy is evident. As of oligarchy so of tyranny, the end is wealth; (for by wealth only can the tyrant maintain either his guard or his luxury). Both mistrust the people, and therefore deprive them of their arms." -- Aristotle, Book V, 350 B.C.E

Team Guns Network Silver 04/2015 mrkalashnikov's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by N/A View Post
    Ok, I'm going to address the elephant in the room here.

Just because a guy was in the service doesn't mean he deserves respect for his military service. I can think of a few guys in company overseas, who pulled any trick they could think of to get out of Nam. Others were so lazy or contemptible that they would fuck up just hoping to get sent home, or at least an easier do nothing job.

There's also the fact that military brass will go to extraordinary lengths to make the military look good, even to covering up shit.
    There are too many willing to accept the Navy's investigation into the son/grandson of two Navy Admirals, that proclaim he didn't have nothing to do with USS Forestall fire. Knowing full well that it is the military way to overlook anything that would look bad for the Navy. They couldn't have an Admiral's son/grandson responsible for all the deaths, damage and destruction. Better to say they conclude it was just an accident.

Sure, it was a rocket from an F-4 behind McCain's plane, but who was at fault for causing that rocket to fire? It's just as legit to say McCain had a "wet start", as not. But we can't have the public knowing that.

The same as for him being a POW. All his fellow POWs were officers. Do we really think they are going to let the military be besmirched in public by the actions of McCain being made public? They respected the military too much, and we're very aware that if they did make it public, their careers would be over. The military certainly wasn't going to let it get out how much collaboration went on by some of the prisoners.

Let's be real, we know the military beauracracy will cover up and bury anything to keep them from looking bad. As devisive as the Viet Nam war was, they weren't about to let the truth about McCain get out.

Let's state the truth here, just being in the military doesn't make everyone honorable. Just being a POW doesn't make everyone a war hero.
    There will always be those few who are disgusting, dishonorable human beings.
    John McCain was one of those few.

John "swift boat" Kerry is the next one.

May fuck be upon both their memories.
    Thank you for posting this, NA.

I think the only people who are really in a position to judge McCain are fellow Vn vets like yourself.

I've known a number of you men over the years, and never once heard anything along the lines that indicated John McCain represented the American serviceman of that era.
    Nietzsche: From life's school of war: what does not kill me makes me stronger.

Guns Network Lifetime Member #2

If McCain was such a patriot, why does the left love him so much? Simple question, simple answer.

Forum Administrator Schuetzenman's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 1 Patriot-of-many View Post
    If McCain was such a patriot, why does the left love him so much? Simple question, simple answer.
    They didn't love him when he was alive an running against Obama. They love him now because he hated Trump. He was a RINO ... period!

Quote Originally Posted by Schuetzenman View Post
    They didn't love him when he was alive an running against Obama. They love him now because he hated Trump. He was a RINO ... period!
    Every time he bucked the party and helped try enact democrat legislation, they loved him too. Maverick my ass.
    Last edited by 1 Patriot-of-many; 08-31-2018 at 08:44 PM.

Team GunsNetwork PLATINUM 10/2012 rci2950's Avatar

Gunsnet member since 2002
    Salt Water Cowboy - Dolphin 38

Team Gunsnet Platinum 06/2016 ltorlo64's Avatar

It is amazing to me how much time NBC devoted to his funeral. I think it was because they knew that there would be some good anti-Trump quotes to be had during the eulogies. Shows bad taste on both parties, NBC and those that used the funeral for political purposes.
    "Nothing ever gets so bad that government "help" can't make it worse." Pat Garrett, March 22, 2014

"HATE IS GOOD, WHEN ITS DIRECTED AT EVIL." PROBASCO, April 20, 2012

I tried to push the envelope, but found that it was stationery.

Have you heard about the new corduroy pillows? They're making head lines!

NRA Endowment Member

Quote Originally Posted by Schuetzenman View Post
    I'd bet a dollar to a hen's turd he voted for Obama himself
    For peace of mind, resign as general manager of the universe

Quote Originally Posted by Full Otto View Post
    I'd bet a dollar to a hen's turd he voted for Obama himself
    And Clintoon too, no doubt in my mind.

Team GunsNet Bronze 07/2011 weevil's Avatar

Where are we going and why are we in this handbasket???

Team GunsNet Bronze 07/2011 weevil's Avatar

Where are we going and why are we in this handbasket???

Egyptian media: John McCain was the “Godfather,” “leader,” and “real Supreme Guide” of the Muslim Brotherhood
    McCain has already been canonized by an establishment media desperate to destroy President Trump in any way it can, but in Egypt they’re not so worshipful. McCain “was the main supporter for the terrorist Brotherhood. Senator McCain was the one who opened up the Congress to the Brotherhood. He was the one arranging the meetings and appointments and providing them with protection.”

Remember that when Michele Bachmann called for an investigation into Muslim Brotherhood infiltration in the U.S. government, McCain denounced her on the Senate floor as a bigot and an Islamophobe. There was no investigation.
    https://www.jihadwatch.org/2018/09/e...im-brotherhood
    "And how we burned in the camps later thinking, what would things have been like, if every security operative, when he went out at night to make an arrest, had been uncertain, whether he would return alive and had to say good-bye to his family?"

"That tyranny has all the vices both of democracy and oligarchy is evident. As of oligarchy so of tyranny, the end is wealth; (for by wealth only can the tyrant maintain either his guard or his luxury). Both mistrust the people, and therefore deprive them of their arms." -- Aristotle, Book V, 350 B.C.E

Quote Originally Posted by 5.56NATO View Post
    Egyptian media: John McCain was the “Godfather,” “leader,” and “real Supreme Guide” of the Muslim Brotherhood
    McCain has already been canonized by an establishment media desperate to destroy President Trump in any way it can, but in Egypt they’re not so worshipful. McCain “was the main supporter for the terrorist Brotherhood. Senator McCain was the one who opened up the Congress to the Brotherhood. He was the one arranging the meetings and appointments and providing them with protection.”

Remember that when Michele Bachmann called for an investigation into Muslim Brotherhood infiltration in the U.S. government, McCain denounced her on the Senate floor as a bigot and an Islamophobe. There was no investigation.
    https://www.jihadwatch.org/2018/09/e...im-brotherhood
    Just comes down to him fighting for the wrong side often.

Team Gunsnet Platinum 06/2016 ltorlo64's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 1 Patriot-of-many View Post
    Just comes down to him fighting for the wrong side often.
    Like most liberals.
    "Nothing ever gets so bad that government "help" can't make it worse." Pat Garrett, March 22, 2014

"HATE IS GOOD, WHEN ITS DIRECTED AT EVIL." PROBASCO, April 20, 2012

I tried to push the envelope, but found that it was stationery.

Have you heard about the new corduroy pillows? They're making head lines!

NRA Endowment Member

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123