Thread: it's been a while...

it's been a while...

well its been some time since i have had a chance to poke my nose in here... my CnR purchases have slowed down considerably. even HAD to empty out some of the old gals as well... never a good thing.

BUT... i did just recently get a vz24 bruno... my first 8mm mauser! i took her out to the club for a run and was really happy with her. hundred yards out, old iron sights, almost as old eyes and she still dropped everything into a head sized grouping.

i am quite sure that when the projectiles go where i want them to, its the rifle. if'n things end up in the berm... its me!

it was great to get an old rifle and put some rounds through it... i shoot constantly these days... 1000 rounds or so a week, but thats test firing new guns or pistols i have serviced... but getn behind an old war-horse is like nothing else out there.

when i was at the range, got into a conversation with a nice gentleman... one thing led to another and... this weekend i will be the happy owner of a 91/30! another rifle i have never had... she's going to be happy sitn next to the m44! i had always wanted one but just never got around to getn one.

anyways... it feels nice to kind of get back into it... buying a few rifles... TRYING to finish up an enfield build too... #4 mk1... looks like the front swivel band screw and upper band screw are as rare as hens teeth these days... i may need to buy a "fixer upper" just for the dang screws!

it's good to come back here, reminds me of the "old days" when i initially caught the life long addiction to curio and relics! hope everyone is doin well!

~Notch

dont worry , it doesnt end.

as for those Screws. take the front band to a hardware store and theres a certain machine/electrical screw that will fit , you just need to trim down the excess and loc-tite it . I did it last month . i dont know the size , i just kept monkeying around till one fit closely.
    PRAISE KEK
    FATHER OF CHAOS
    BRINGER OF DAY
    IN THY WEBBED HANDS WE PLACE OUR FAITH
    SHADILAY, SHADILAY!

Team Gunsnet Platinum 06/2016 ltorlo64's Avatar

Welcome back!
    "Nothing ever gets so bad that government "help" can't make it worse." Pat Garrett, March 22, 2014

"HATE IS GOOD, WHEN ITS DIRECTED AT EVIL." PROBASCO, April 20, 2012

I tried to push the envelope, but found that it was stationery.

Have you heard about the new corduroy pillows? They're making head lines!

NRA Endowment Member

Site Admin & **Team Gunsnet Silver 12/2012** Richard Simmons's Avatar

Good to have you back!
    Gunsnet member since 1999
    USN 1978-86
    BCCI Life Member #2068

•" We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm. " George Orwell

Forum Administrator Schuetzenman's Avatar

Hello, good to see you post.

Indiana, a state that is trying to remain free.
    Wellllll-come back!!!!

Prices of everything has gotten crazy. C&R prices are beyond comprehension, but surplus and old stuff has dried up. No more "back of the warehouse" finds anymore.

$600 k-31s... $250 basic mosins... holy crimeny stuff has got crazy

i will give that a go this weekend... thanks!