Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Does anyone here actually watch the Mainstream Media any more?

Does anyone here actually watch the Mainstream Media any more?

I don't mean things like 'local news', the weather or entertainment shows... but stuff like national news. I don't. Whenever I catch them (usually because it's in a place where the channel is locked onto mainstream news outlets) I'm horrified at the total bullshit they're spewing. It's ridiculous propaganda 24/7. I've 'cut the cord' to the lamestream media anyways. I was wondering if anyone here even watches them any more (anyone OTHER than LAGC because he spouts their party line pretty regularly so I figure he's a faithful viewer)

Guns Network Contributor 01/2015 Altarboy's Avatar

Not me. Never. Our tv comes on for a firestick movie now and then. Thats it.

Team Guns Network Silver 04/2013 alismith's Avatar

No. I prefer to catch my fiction with movies.
    "Valar morghulis; valar dohaeris."

Commucrats are most efficient at converting sins and crimes to accidents or misunderstandings.-Oswald Bastable

Making good people helpless won't make bad people harmless.

Freedom isn't free.

"Attitude is the paintbrush that colors our world." TV Series, Haven.

My Spirit Animal has rabies.

I'd rather be an American than a Democrat.

"If you can make a man afraid, you can control him" Netflix Series, The Irregulars

Team GunsNet Platinum 02/2015 davepool's Avatar

I quit msm during the Vietnam war, haven't suffered a bit as a result

Grew tired of the world/national news years ago and that includes local too, if I need the weather I have an app on my phone.

Team Gunsnet Platinum 06/2016 ltorlo64's Avatar

Not willingly, but I read a lot of MSM so I still see what they are reporting. In fact, I prefer to read as I read much faster than people talk so I can learn more in the same period of time (believe it or not, most adults read much faster than people talk so this would be true for most anyone). I do listen to MSM news on the radio, though, so there is another way I find out what they are reporting.
    "Nothing ever gets so bad that government "help" can't make it worse." Pat Garrett, March 22, 2014

"HATE IS GOOD, WHEN ITS DIRECTED AT EVIL." PROBASCO, April 20, 2012

I tried to push the envelope, but found that it was stationery.

Have you heard about the new corduroy pillows? They're making head lines!

NRA Endowment Member

I stopped watching network news as soon as we could get cable TV and FOX, back in the late 90's.

People say that American's are segregating ourselves away from other view points and only listening to what we want to hear.
    In my case that's not it.
    It's just that watching network news is like willingly smashing my fingers with a hammer over and over or eating some really foul tasting food that makes me gag.
    Since I just can't stand it, I stopped listening.

I do try to stay up with what the Left is talking about as much as I can tolerate it.

Forum Administrator Schuetzenman's Avatar

I watch Fox local and the Network News version if I want news. NBC, cBS and aBC are nowhere to be found on my daily viewing.

Team GunsNet Bronze 10/2014

try not to. usually it's fox, fox business, newsmax, or oann. sometimes i see a feature about something not political, (dog story, kid's lemonade stand, wwii veteran, etc). then a, n, or c gets a few minutes of my light bill.

Guns Network Lifetime Member #2

Nope, Maybe catch a little of the Greg Gutfeld show, that's just hilarious the irony that gets pointed out every show, it's nonstop laughing at the antics of the left, must see for anyone who never caught redeye......, but Juan Williams makes me puke with his constant DNC controlled talking points. I occasionally listen to MSNBC and CNN just to see how they are ignoring real stories and just to hear the constant Trump bash fest that they call news, otherwise my Satellite radio is on the Patriot channel, don't know what happened to cam and company, but Levine and WilKow are enough........

At work there's no fox news or any semblance of conservative views on the breakroom tv, however there are multiple channels of npr/pbs that are more or less 24/7 anti Trump channels today. After the last school shooting or whenever it was, they pulled all firearms related publications from the shelves. Most of my fellow employees are anti Trump overtly, any commentary top the otherwise meets with hostility. I suspect this culture stems from corporate on down. They recently started a pool on each week's nfl matches, I suppose in an effort to increase interest in the failing nfl, who apparently holds the same disdain for conservatives as the corporate hq. When I'm at work outside and covered in sweat, someone comes along and asks me how I'm doing, I always reply I'm sweating like hillary in front of a house un - American activities commission! The assistant mgr became very angry when I made that statement to him once. I guess not everyone who shoots, has a modded jeep cherokee, and etc is a conservative. He even defended the fbi in its war on Trump.
    "And how we burned in the camps later thinking, what would things have been like, if every security operative, when he went out at night to make an arrest, had been uncertain, whether he would return alive and had to say good-bye to his family?"

Quote Originally Posted by 5.56NATO View Post
    At work there's no fox news or any semblance of conservative views on the breakroom tv, however there are multiple channels of npr/pbs that are more or less 24/7 anti Trump channels today. After the last school shooting or whenever it was, they pulled all firearms related publications from the shelves. Most of my fellow employees are anti Trump overtly, any commentary top the otherwise meets with hostility. I suspect this culture stems from corporate on down. They recently started a pool on each week's nfl matches, I suppose in an effort to increase interest in the failing nfl, who apparently holds the same disdain for conservatives as the corporate hq. When I'm at work outside and covered in sweat, someone comes along and asks me how I'm doing, I always reply I'm sweating like hillary in front of a house un - American activities commission! The assistant mgr became very angry when I made that statement to him once. I guess not everyone who shoots, has a modded jeep cherokee, and etc is a conservative. He even defended the fbi in its war on Trump.
    I hear ya, I retired in February and don't have to put up with the idiots anymore, i swear if i had to listen to one more moron quote ccn,msnbc, abc etc for justification( from an un named source of course) that trump is baby eating lizard alien i was going to punch someone. I worked with commercial roofers for 40yrs, not the brightest in the construction field by a long shot, i'm surprised i'm not insane.

Team Guns Network Silver 04/2013 alismith's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by davepool View Post
    I hear ya, I retired in February and don't have to put up with the idiots anymore, i swear if i had to listen to one more moron quote ccn,msnbc, abc etc for justification( from an un named source of course) that trump is baby eating lizard alien i was going to punch someone. I worked with commercial roofers for 40yrs, not the brightest in the construction field by a long shot, i'm surprised i'm not insane.
    Hummm.......
    "Valar morghulis; valar dohaeris."

Commucrats are most efficient at converting sins and crimes to accidents or misunderstandings.-Oswald Bastable

Making good people helpless won't make bad people harmless.

Freedom isn't free.

"Attitude is the paintbrush that colors our world." TV Series, Haven.

My Spirit Animal has rabies.

I'd rather be an American than a Democrat.

"If you can make a man afraid, you can control him" Netflix Series, The Irregulars

Indiana, a state that is trying to remain free.
    I watch the local news to see if Indianapolis is maintaining it's murder rate lead over Chicago. Per 100,000 people Indy trounces Chicago. It's just that they have more people to kill so they get the better ratings.

Guns Network Lifetime Member #2

Quote Originally Posted by imanaknut View Post
    I watch the local news to see if Indianapolis is maintaining it's murder rate lead over Chicago. Per 100,000 people Indy trounces Chicago. It's just that they have more people to kill so they get the better ratings.
    Just curious, do Indianapolis politicians blame Chicago for their murder rate? LOL

Indiana, a state that is trying to remain free.
    Quote Originally Posted by 1 Patriot-of-many View Post
    Just curious, do Indianapolis politicians blame Chicago for their murder rate? LOL
    Hahaaa.... About the only good thing is Indiana is such a big second amendment state, there are few who blame honest gun owners for criminal actions.

Quote Originally Posted by alismith View Post
    Hummm.......
    With everything that's happening i wonder about it often.....

I watch the Today Show sometimes to take the temperature of the TDS inflicted masses.
    Usually I will watch until the Trump bashing begins. I almost made it a whole minute last week.

Quote Originally Posted by tank_monkey View Post
    Does anyone here actually watch the Mainstream Media any more?
    I don't watch TV.
    Gentlemen may prefer Blondes, but Real Men prefer Redheads!

Quote Originally Posted by alismith View Post
    No. I prefer to catch my fiction with movies.

LOL. Good one! Needed a good laugh today.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast