Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: So the first day of Kavanaugh's confirmation hearings is a leftwing SH*TSHOW....

Indiana, a state that is trying to remain free.
    The senator headed to his daughter's wedding said he will not miss the vote. Heard this on the radio a few minutes ago.

Yes, that was Steve Daines (R-MT). He said he'd fly back to Washington to vote for Kavanaugh if his vote was going to be pivotal.

Apparently, Lisa Murkowski (R-AK) is a no. That's the only Republican they can afford to lose.

All eyes on Susan Collins (R-MA) right now. She's supposed to announce her decision any minute now.
    Last edited by LAGC; 10-05-2018 at 02:09 PM.
    "That tyranny has all the vices both of democracy and oligarchy is evident. As of oligarchy so of tyranny, the end is wealth; (for by wealth only can the tyrant maintain either his guard or his luxury). Both mistrust the people, and therefore deprive them of their arms." -- Aristotle, Book V, 350 B.C.E

Team Guns Network Silver 04/2013 alismith's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by LAGC View Post
    They found the "party house" !!

It was Timmy's house, apparently. And Ford described it perfectly in her testimony.

Right across from the tennis courts, narrow stairway, bedroom right at the top of the stairs, bathroom across from the stairway.

Maybe they'll bring her back to it and perform a seance to see if it can jog her memory?
    She's still lying. Her lawyer, and other accomplices, have coached her since she was paid to start this mess. Strange that the "place" turns up now and not when she was initially questioned..... Of course, it takes time to set up an event that meets all the requirements they want it to meet.

Pretty soon, they'll have the dress and panties she wore on that night so they can provide more "proof" of this "crime" occurring. Plus, they'll find the drink can and bag of chips she threw away on her way back home.....

All of this is/was a set up since its inception. Ford is lying through her teeth about everything.
    "Valar morghulis; valar dohaeris."

Commucrats are most efficient at converting sins and crimes to accidents or misunderstandings.-Oswald Bastable

Making good people helpless won't make bad people harmless.

Freedom isn't free.

"Attitude is the paintbrush that colors our world." TV Series, Haven.

My Spirit Animal has rabies.

I'd rather be an American than a Democrat.

"If you can make a man afraid, you can control him" Netflix Series, The Irregulars

Well, Collins just made a very impassioned speech on the Senate floor just now.

She pointed out that Judge Kavanaugh's record really isn't that partisan conservative, that he's ruled in favor of upholding Obamacare, upholding Roe v. Wade (abortion rights), and isn't opposed to gay rights like many liberals have been fearmongering over.

That Judge Merrick Garland (Obama's SCOTUS pick that never got a chance to be heard) agreed with Judge Kavanaugh's decisions 94% of the time when they were sitting on the same circuit.

She's voting YEA.

So unless Jeff Flake changes his mind and decides to flake out after all, it looks like Kavanaugh has the votes to be confirmed tomorrow.

Joe Manchin (D-WV) is going to be allowed to vote YEA by the Democratic leadership unless his vote will become pivotal, just to save his ass in his red state from feeling the voters' wrath. Heitkamp (D-ND) and Donnelly (D-IN) are probably already fucked, and will be losing their re-election bids for opposing Kavanugh in their deeply red states.

So unless another Republican flips, Kavanaugh is good to go. It won't come down to Mike Pence's tie-breaking vote after all.
    "That tyranny has all the vices both of democracy and oligarchy is evident. As of oligarchy so of tyranny, the end is wealth; (for by wealth only can the tyrant maintain either his guard or his luxury). Both mistrust the people, and therefore deprive them of their arms." -- Aristotle, Book V, 350 B.C.E

Well, Collins just made a very impassioned speech on the Senate floor just now.

She pointed out that Judge Kavanaugh's record really isn't that partisan conservative, that he's ruled in favor of upholding Obamacare, upholding Roe v. Wade (abortion rights), and isn't opposed to gay rights like many liberals have been fearmongering over.

That Judge Merrick Garland (Obama's SCOTUS pick that never got a chance to be heard) agreed with Judge Kavanaugh's decisions 94% of the time when they were sitting on the same circuit.

She's voting YEA.

So unless Jeff Flake changes his mind and decides to flake out after all, it looks like Kavanaugh has the votes to be confirmed tomorrow.

Joe Manchin (D-WV) is going to be allowed to vote YEA by the Democratic leadership unless his vote will become pivotal, just to save his ass in his red state from feeling the voters' wrath. Heitkamp (D-ND) and Donnelly (D-IN) are probably already fucked, and will be losing their re-election bids for opposing Kavanugh in their deeply red states.

So unless another Republican flips, Kavanaugh is good to go. It won't come down to Mike Pence's tie-breaking vote after all.
    There is a precursor to the Blue Wave you keep dreaming of....

Dream on.

Commucrats are most efficient at converting sins and crimes to accidents or misunderstandings.-Oswald Bastable

Freedom isn't free.

"If you can make a man afraid, you can control him" Netflix Series, The Irregulars

Quote Originally Posted by alismith View Post
    There is a precursor to the Blue Wave you keep dreaming of....
    What's ironic is that even though the House will likely flip to the Democrats, the Senate could actually become slightly more Republican, by just those couple seats.

All thanks to this Kavanaugh mess.

What's ironic is that even though the House will likely flip to the Democrats, the Senate could actually become slightly more Republican, by just those couple seats.

All thanks to this Kavanaugh mess.
    Where are you getting this information from? Everything I've seen, heard, or read about indicates just the opposite (and I don't follow the mainstream Communist Fake News outlets).

Freedom isn't free.

Quote Originally Posted by alismith View Post
    Where are you getting this information from? Everything I've seen, heard, or read about indicates just the opposite (and I don't follow the mainstream Communist Fake News outlets).
    FiveThirtyEight has been the most accurate source for election predictions and outcomes for the past many election cycles.

They use advanced statistical analyses combining many polls (not just one) to accurately predict the likely outcomes.

https://projects.fivethirtyeight.com...orecast/house/

Right now, they are showing a 73.9% chance the Democrats will take the House, with an average gain of D+33 seats.

Incidentally, they are only predicting a 22.2% chance of the Democrats flipping the Senate.
    Last edited by LAGC; 10-05-2018 at 04:04 PM.

Site Admin & **Team Gunsnet Silver 12/2012** Richard Simmons's Avatar

FiveThirtyEight has been the most accurate source for election predictions and outcomes for the past many election cycles.

They use advanced statistical analyses combining many polls (not just one) to accurately predict the likely outcomes.

https://projects.fivethirtyeight.com...orecast/house/

Right now, they are showing a 73.9% chance the Democrats will take the House, with an average gain of D+33 seats.

Incidentally, they are only predicting a 22.2% chance of the Democrats flipping the Senate.
    These guys had Hillary with a 75% chance of winning the White House in 2016. Yeah, they're good.

https://projects.fivethirtyeight.com...tion-forecast/
    Gunsnet member since 1999
    USN 1978-86
    BCCI Life Member #2068

•" We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm. " George Orwell

Quote Originally Posted by Richard Simmons View Post
    These guys had Hillary with a 75% chance of winning the White House in 2016. Yeah, they're good.

https://projects.fivethirtyeight.com...tion-forecast/
    They predicted Hillary would win the popular vote by over 2 percentage points. She did. And she won it by over 3 million votes, when all was said and done. They were also quite accurate with predicting the previous several election cycles as well, regarding both control of the House/Senate and who would win the presidency.

So they miscalled a few swing states in 2016. A good part of that is because of Comey's last minute surprise saying he was re-opening the Hillary investigation, which cost her 5 points in the polls that last week before the election, causing a surge in rural voters who showed up for Trump. Their polling model averages and weighs polls from a running 3-week period, so there wasn't enough time to catch the last minute swing.

Granted, anything could happen between now and November 6, but I'm thinking if Kavanaugh does get confirmed that is only going to energize women and make the liberals even more determined to show up to vote.
    Last edited by LAGC; 10-05-2018 at 05:26 PM.

Look at the link I posted. They predicted she'd win both the popular vote and the electoral college. You can try and keep hope alive all you want but chances are the shit antics the Democrats pulled on Kavanaugh are going to work against them big time.
    USN 1978-86
    BCCI Life Member #2068

•" We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm. " George Orwell

Look at the link I posted. They predicted she'd win both the popular vote and the electoral college. You can try and keep hope alive all you want but chances are the shit antics the Democrats pulled on Kavanaugh are going to work against them big time.
    Their political, obstructionist antics have really stirred up the Republican base. This coming election is going to have major negative ramifications for the Dimocratic Communist Party.

Freedom isn't free.

Alright, it looks like Kavanaugh just needs to survive the vote tomorrow. I've been losing sleep over this process due to the implications of the Democrats holding his seat open until 2020 and our second amendment rights being in peril. How's it looking for tomorrow? Will Kavanaugh be confirmed?

Team GunsNetwork PLATINUM 10/2012 rci2950's Avatar

Gunsnet member since 2002
    Salt Water Cowboy - Dolphin 38

Indiana, a state that is trying to remain free.
    That sign and what the media is calling her has driving me crazy because my daughter has a PhD and yes can be called "doctor" but per she and the whole community, only doctors of medicine get to be called "Doctor".

For peace of mind, resign as general manager of the universe

Team GunsNet Bronze 10/2014

Quote Originally Posted by imanaknut View Post
    That sign and what the media is calling her has driving me crazy because my daughter has a PhD and yes can be called "doctor" but per she and the whole community, only doctors of medicine get to be called "Doctor".
    after mass we had a coffee and donut social. 2 new parishioners happened to cross paths. i over heard: i'm dr. so and so. how do you do? well, i'm dr. whatshisname, pleased to meet you. what is your specialty?, asked the first. elementery education, said the second. and what about you ?, he asked. internal medicine, was the reply. that pretty much ended the conversation.

the shit antics the Democrats pulled on Kavanaugh
    Don't kid yourself, my friend.

The GOP would have done the same thing if the roles had been reversed, and the Democrats were trying to ram through a liberal judge.

Look what they did to Al Franken.

It's just politics.

The GOP would have done the same thing if the roles had been reversed, and the Democrats were trying to ram through a liberal judge.

It's just politics.
    Al Franken was an idiot, oh wait. He's a Democrat, we already knew that. I would say anything that happened to Franken he did to himself.

Heard someone the other day make the comment, "Look at the level Democrats will go to try and get BACK in power. Just imagine what they would be willing to do to STAY in power".
    Last edited by Richard Simmons; 10-06-2018 at 07:04 AM.
    USN 1978-86
    BCCI Life Member #2068

Team GunsNet Bronze 07/2011 weevil's Avatar

It's just politics.

And the proof against Kavanaugh is....???

If you got the dirt on somebody then yeah play your cards and see if you can bring 'em down….that's politics.

But this....this is total Bullshit!

No proof at all...just accusations with no evidence and from when the guy was a teenager no less....and not even the smallest shred of evidence to back it up...at all!

That is not politics...this is just plain wrong!

Absolutely disgusting and repugnant behavior even for the Dems......this is not the way politics should work in America...or anywhere that people still have honor and believe in justice for all.

If we give up the right of due process and submit to mob rule then this nation will have truly failed miserably!

The fact that it almost worked should scare the hell out of anyone who still claims to be an American.
    Last edited by weevil; 10-06-2018 at 03:47 PM.
    Where are we going and why are we in this handbasket???

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast