Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Thread: So the first day of Kavanaugh's confirmation hearings is a leftwing SH*TSHOW....

Quote Originally Posted by Full Otto View Post
    Kavanaugh Joins Liberals to Protect Pro-Planned Parenthood Ruling
    https://stream.org/kavanaugh-joins-l...nthood-ruling/
    This move could indicate that Roberts and Kavanaugh are loath to take take up an abortion-related question in the aftermath of Kavanaugh’s contentious confirmation. The Court’s new junior justice has generally kept a low profile since taking the bench in October.

Let's hope that's the case and not the start of a trend
    Pretty sure this vote was diametrically opposed to what his predecessor would have voted. Odd how he sides with those who opposed him.
    "And how we burned in the camps later thinking, what would things have been like, if every security operative, when he went out at night to make an arrest, had been uncertain, whether he would return alive and had to say good-bye to his family?"

Maybe they're just going to take turns

The Supreme Court on Friday blocked the Trump administration from immediately enforcing a strict new asylum policy, in a 5-4 decision that marks the second legal setback this week for efforts to tighten immigration rules.
    https://www.foxnews.com/politics/sup...ylum-crackdown
    Chief Justice John Roberts provided the critical vote against the administration Friday, siding with the four liberal justices. Newly confirmed Justice Brett Kavanaugh and three other conservatives on the bench sided with the administration, the order said.
    Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg, despite having surgery in New York on Friday to remove cancerous nodules in her lung, apparently voted with the majority, avoiding a 4-4 tie.
    The Supreme Court order comes after a federal judge in a separate case took the extraordinary step this week of ordering that asylum seekers who sued after their deportation be returned to the U.S. to have their claims heard anew.
    For peace of mind, resign as general manager of the universe

He can issue a pdd or eo and get around that noise. His constitutionally mandated authority is to protect the borders.
    "And how we burned in the camps later thinking, what would things have been like, if every security operative, when he went out at night to make an arrest, had been uncertain, whether he would return alive and had to say good-bye to his family?"

Team Guns Network Silver 04/2013 alismith's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 5.56NATO View Post
    He can issue a pdd or eo and get around that noise. His constitutionally mandated authority is to protect the borders.
    The problem with an EO is that the next President can erase it.

I'm kind of surprised that Trump, when he first took office, didn't, automatically, issue EO's to erase all the ones obamanation implemented.
    "Valar morghulis; valar dohaeris."

Commucrats are most efficient at converting sins and crimes to accidents or misunderstandings.-Oswald Bastable

Making good people helpless won't make bad people harmless.

Freedom isn't free.

"Attitude is the paintbrush that colors our world." TV Series, Haven.

My Spirit Animal has rabies.

I'd rather be an American than a Democrat.

"If you can make a man afraid, you can control him" Netflix Series, The Irregulars

Quote Originally Posted by alismith View Post
    The problem with an EO is that the next President can erase it.

I'm kind of surprised that Trump, when he first took office, didn't, automatically, issue EO's to erase all the ones obamanation implemented.
    I think no president has undone a previous eo, really odd far as I'm concerned. There are some doozies out there, like the one that allows fedz to take over anything and everything if they declare a national emergency. I don't think they stand up to constitutional scrutiny very well.

https://en.wikisource.org/wiki/Executive_Order_13603

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789