Hello one and all. I would have started this in an AK forum, but didn't see a "general" thread, but if a mod wants to move this to an AK thread, go for it.

That being said, I finally had some time to try some groups through my WASR 10/63. I swapped the factory stock and grip with a Magpul Zhukov folding stock and AK grip. I also used one of Midwest Industries's Gen 1 AK scope mounts and a 3-9x scope, plus stock trigger. Looking back I probably should have started at 50yd, but instead went straight to 100yd. For a rest I used a Caldwell Deadshot Shooting Bag set.

I tried PPU 123gr FMJ, GECO 124gr FMJ, and Wolf Polyformance 123gr FMJ.....and I wasn't encouraged by my results. Note; for whatever reason when aiming I could definitely see reticle move during each heartbeat and therefore perhaps threw me off more than I thought.

Now I know that AKs won't ever be as accurate as my ARs, but I would have been happy with a 4" groups. If anything the groups I was getting were averaging 7.5"-8"+. I did notice that the Wolf steel case did better than the two brass case though.

Since then I've had an ALG AKT trigger installed, but haven't had a chance to do some more testing. So dear readers, I'm curious as to what kind of groups you guys have gotten out of your AKs and which ammo.

Thanks!

PS: Also, I must have been shouldering it wrong or something, even while using bags to rest it on, but it feels like I'm being rabbit punched in the face when I shoot; I mean my right cheek/jaw was sore for two days after shooting about 100 rounds. Am I holding it wrong or just not solid enough?