Thread: Computers!?!?!? ARGH !!!!!!!!!!

Computers!?!?!? ARGH !!!!!!!!!!

Have any of you ever gotten a "corrupted profile" on your computers?
    Thursday, 8/30, worked fine. Friday, couldn't log in to EITHER profile. Called shop that built computer on Sat., left voicemail. Tried again last Tuesday - mailbox full. Ended up having to take it to a specialty shop way out in Maryland Heights, MO. Left it last Friday, picked it up on Monday. They saved my data but NOT my "bookmarks". Do you realize how much "fun" it is trying to reconstruct those from memory and a laptop that hasn't been online in 4 years?!?
    “I have little patience with people who take the Bill of Rights for granted. The Bill of Rights, contained in the first ten amendments to the Constitution, is every American’s guarantee of freedom.” - - President Harry S. Truman, “Years of Trial and Hope”

Team Gunsnet Silver 02/14 - Moderator recon's Avatar

Been there done that! It sucks for all those bookmarks are gone.
    Buy It Cheap!
    Stack It Deep!

Original Member-July-1999!

I don’t use bookmarks I still use favorites.
    I have my favorites saved on a memory card and have been up loading that list from comuter to computer over the many years (possibly since 97)

I have over 350 favorites so there would be no way to remember even a small percentage of them.

Even after being told that I couldn’t do it on my latest computer (Win 10) I found the file and loaded everything in.

BISHOP

Quote Originally Posted by BISHOP View Post
    I don’t use bookmarks I still use favorites.
    I have my favorites saved on a memory card and have been up loading that list from comuter to computer over the many years (possibly since 97)

I have over 350 favorites so there would be no way to remember even a small percentage of them.

Even after being told that I couldn’t do it on my latest computer (Win 10) I found the file and loaded everything in.

BISHOP
    If you're using "Favorites", does that mean you're still using "Internet Explorer"?? Good grief !
    One piece of "good news" - I found I had saved Bookmarks from my old XP laptop but I'm going to have to add each one individually. That's OK though as it was saved on 8/31/2010 and I have already found many dead links. Plus, there are many from web design classes I was taking 14 years ago that I no longer need.
    “I have little patience with people who take the Bill of Rights for granted. The Bill of Rights, contained in the first ten amendments to the Constitution, is every American’s guarantee of freedom.” - - President Harry S. Truman, “Years of Trial and Hope”

Guns Network Lifetime Member #2

Yep been there, you need to learn to save your bookmarks in a file that you can import later, depending on which Browser.